NBA 2K10 News Thread (The Game Is OUt)

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

how do you play defense in this game? whats the best play?

Yeah for real...I picked up this game and I straight suck at it. I am just playing season mode but I got worked in the 3 games I played. I haven't played2k series since 2k7 and I sucked at that also. One game I played, I lost by 20+ points! Made frustrating....

Any tips on just defense? I just play man to man, but every time I switch players to cover a another guy, the guy I leave gets left and the computer justpasses it to him.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

Yeah for real...I picked up this game and I straight suck at it. I am just playing season mode but I got worked in the 3 games I played. I haven't played 2k series since 2k7 and I sucked at that also. One game I played, I lost by 20+ points! Made frustrating....

Any tips on just defense? I just play man to man, but every time I switch players to cover a another guy, the guy I leave gets left and the computer just passes it to him.
Just try and stay in front of the man youre guarding... If the comp passes to another player then switch to the guy guarding him and try to dothe same... Basically what I'm saying is DON'T REACH.
laugh.gif

Since youre still learning the ropes I'd suggest you bring the level down to pro or even rookie... I believe allstar is the default level.

Also, this game is deep as hell... there's controls for everything. For example when you move the right stick up on defense the guy will put his hands upto bother the shot, also you can grab a player that doesnt have the ball to prevent him from getting any touches by pressing R2 when youre standing next tohim.... I do this win I get lit up by Kobe or Lebron. lol.

Just practice and you'll figure it out eventually.

How often do they update the roster? I need Bobby Brown and Marcus Thornton on the Hornets.
Devin Brown as the only shooting guard
sick.gif

And I always run two PG in the 4th. I need a 3rd PG so they won't get tired.

Question, does anyone know if you can change the difficulty level for my player mode or is it just a preset difficulty?

is anyone else having problem playing pick up games in my player mode?? i kept on getting error after the loading when the player is shooting FT. please help!!

god damnit, just played my clone, now my points avg go down when he plays
will wait for the patch to play again

in my player mode
after my game summary and i go home my 2k insider always tells me i have a big decsion to make and that other teams are interested in me or somthing like thati cant remember off the top of my head but i was wondering how do i find out what teams are interested in me? is anyone getting that message also?

anyone having problems playing pick up games?? i tried a few more times but there's always connection error after its done loading.... HELP!!

Originally Posted by Vic Vega

in my player mode
after my game summary and i go home my 2k insider always tells me i have a big decsion to make and that other teams are interested in me or somthing like that i cant remember off the top of my head but i was wondering how do i find out what teams are interested in me? is anyone getting that message also?

EVERY Damn time...no idea.

Anyone else only showing up on the rookie report and not showing up on the league leaders. Should be leading league in assists and Pure pg rating butnothing.

for all you complaining about defense. Try the 1-3-1
Been using it since 2k8

Mainly u want to make sure ur PF(triangle) stays in the middle. And you have to manually rotate your guys to make sure cross court passes are defended orstolen.

Murked my boy last night with the Cavs 107-71 using it.

And lebron only had 22

Defense is difficult because the double team and help defense is broken. I swear it has to be because I feel like when the CPU is having difficulty scoringthey will just have my CPU defender double team someone on purpose so that the CPU can pass to the now wide open man. This is kind of a quick judgment so if Iam wrong tell me, but I routinely see it happening before it happens.

EDIT: I went back one page and saw many people agreeing. It's sad that I am going to have to set the double teams at never until a patch comes out becausethis problem is horrible, and I have had defensive assist at 0

after 15 games in the D-League (Fort Wayne Mad Ants playa!!!) I finally got signed to a 10 day contract to the Phoenix Suns... but I'm a freaking5'7 point guard.... and to make matters worse, my first game was against the Lakers.... and to make matters even more worse, they switched me to 2 guard inthe 2nd and I had to guard Kobe for the rest of the game...

on the real though, my heart was pounding when I first got signed, and even more so when I experienced the bigtime NBA games with commentary, music, largearenas, and All Stars on my team and against me. I felt like I really did just bust my *** in the D-League to make it to the NBA. Good build up.

Originally Posted by kc24688

Defense is difficult because the double team and help defense is broken. I swear it has to be because I feel like when the CPU is having difficulty scoring they will just have my CPU defender double team someone on purpose so that the CPU can pass to the now wide open man. This is kind of a quick judgment so if I am wrong tell me, but I routinely see it happening before it happens.

EDIT: I went back one page and saw many people agreeing. It's sad that I am going to have to set the double teams at never until a patch comes out because this problem is horrible, and I have had defensive assist at 0

The game does this on purpose
and setting FG% down doesn't really do much especially if your playing on HOF
and play tight/deny ball do NOTHING
hopefully the patch fixes this

Anybody play with the Warriors?

My favorite team is the Lakers but i hate playing with the top teams.

How do y'all run with them?

I'm having some problems. My first time i played with the Warriors against the Lakers on HOF i got my $#%@ kicked by 18.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 430AM

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

akf0dy7 wrote:

Yeah for real...I picked up this game and I straight suck at it. I am just playing season mode but I got worked in the 3 games I played. I haven't played
2k series since 2k7 and I sucked at that also. One game I played, I lost by 20+ points! Made frustrating....

Any tips on just defense? I just play man to man, but every time I switch players to cover a another guy, the guy I leave gets left and the computer just
passes it to him.
Just try and stay in front of the man youre guarding... If the comp passes to another player then switch to the guy guarding him and try to do the same... Basically what I'm saying is DON'T REACH.
laugh.gif

Since youre still learning the ropes I'd suggest you bring the level down to pro or even rookie... I believe allstar is the default level.

Also, this game is deep as hell... there's controls for everything. For example when you move the right stick up on defense the guy will put his hands up to bother the shot, also you can grab a player that doesnt have the ball to prevent him from getting any touches by pressing R2 when youre standing next to him.... I do this win I get lit up by Kobe or Lebron. lol.

Just practice and you'll figure it out eventually.

Good looks. I have been getting better but I still feel like I play like a chump. I started the season over as the Warriors and now I am 3-1 instead of 1-3like last time. Game is cool so far but I feel like I have no strategy. I just wait for bricks, gun it down the court and give it to Curry or Ellis for theoutside jumper or try to drive in baseline. Feels good pulling wins though.

i completely put the game down till the patch arrives... i'm gonna buy Draft Combine, too, so i can adjust my minutes....

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

I hate my D-League team so much, Im a 6'3'' athletic point guard and keeped getting subbed in as SF/SG most of the game. Im still putting up decent numbers but the 2k Insider says after every game I've been let go but the same team picks me up
eyes.gif
. Hopefully the patch will fix this and I get on a new team soon because Im not having fun with this mode anymore lol.

The same thing is happening to me as well...it doesnt matter, what my stats were in the last game, I always get cut and pick up by the same team. My last game, I put up a triple double and got cut..
Yo how many games are you into your career? After my 20th I got picked up by Hawks
pimp.gif
theyre still heavy glitches in the mode but once you get picked up by an NBAteam its gets better.

Back
Top Bottom