Nas Changes Controversial Album Title

[h1]Nas changes controversial album title[/h1]
May 19, 2008, 01:44 PM | by Simon Vozick-Levinson

Categories: Current Affairs, Music, Music Biz

nas_l.jpg
A representative for Def Jam has confirmed to EW.com that hip-hop artist Nas has made an eleventh-hour decision to change the title of his new album from N----- to simply Nas. The Queens rapper sparked a heated debate last fall when he announced the provocative title for his upcoming ninth record, but last October, Island Def Jam Music Group chair Antonio "L.A." Reid publicly denied widespread reports that label execs were uncomfortable with his decision. "We stand firmly behind and beside our artists with pride and with pleasure," Reid told MTV News at the time. "Anything Nas wants to do, I completely stand beside him."

But in an interview with MTV News last week, Nas suggested that he was facing renewed pressure: "Everybody is trying to stop the title.... Record stores are gonna have a problem in this day and time selling a record with that title. Who knows what's gonna turn out and be on that title? Who knows what that title will be?" The politically-charged self-titled CD is due in stores July 1. For more of Nas' thoughts on his new music, check EW's summer music preview coverage in print on Friday.
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/05/nas-title-chang.html

Just about to make this post........

I can't say that it really surprises me. Does anyone think that this will this affect the album at all or no?

No surprise at all.

Y'all knew IDJ wasn't going to put a record with that title.

Not surprised either. We all knew that it wouldn't hold up.

No, I don't think it will affect the album @ all.

I heard about the title change yesterday and that it would be N.A.S. (N's Against Society).

I wasn't sure if it was true. Thanks for the source.

Too bad, but in reality the album title really means nothing to me...as long as the quality of the music is where it should be then i'll be happy

*old album title* please...if he was really bout his $#!+ he woulda released it independently...Nas aint starvin, but it's still about the money
smh.gif
...nowthat shirt you wore at that award show just make you look like a fool. I lost many respect 4 him...

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Too bad, but in reality the album title really means nothing to me...as long as the quality of the music is where it should be then i'll be happy

Co-sign.

Well .. it doesn't matter if it changed ... it did its job already .. to create controversy about the item.

not surprised....

in reality the album title really means nothing to me...as long as the quality of the music is where it should be then i'll be happy
thats what it shoulda been, let the music speak for itself... that album title controversy %$+! was
ohwell.gif
this time around...

Back
Top Bottom