Name an artist that lived up the the buzz

Originally Posted by Wade187

SWOBOYdeHTEEZY wrote:
'Ye.
Ye didn't have a buzz til after he was established so how could he not live up to it? What built that buzz was his first album which til this day is considered his best so I don't really see him falling under this category
^ Disagree.

I can remember listening to the I'm Good Mixtape nonstop for a while, trying to explain to cats how he was great. The buzz started officially w/those earlytapes & those w/their ear to the pulse of music knew it.

Same w/Jeezy.

There's something unmistakable about the sound of "okay, this cat is versatile & appealing enough for everybody." that you can just hear itearly.

If the media slows down on bombarding us w/Drake, he'll do fine but I think his appeal is going to wear off fast.

Depending on how his first album does, I'd throw my .02 on Wale. He's the only young cat who has gotten progressively better each time out. I don'tknow if he'll be mainstream big, but he'll make noise.

Originally Posted by MOEree5e

ive already said Jeezy at the begining of the thread, and it looks like he's in the lead right now.....but i havent seen a whole heap of any other genres being mentioned.....so with that said.....

NeYo.....since mid 05 to now, every single has been a banger, and albums are doing sooooo well
same goes for Chris Brown, but with his lil incident.....hes been on a serious hiatus...
smh.gif
, so much talent wasted. hope hommie can bounce back
I agree with you, especially on the stuff with CB.

I'd go w/
Alicia Keys
50 Cent
Young Jeezy
Ne Yo
50/50 w/ Lupe & Kanye West had NO BUZZ as a rapper!!! As a producer yes but nobody believed in his rapping abilities.

MOEree5e wrote:
same goes for Chris Brown, but with his lil incident.....hes been on a serious hiatus...
smh.gif
, so much talent wasted. hope hommie can bounce back
Lol wut? And can't believe some one had the nerve to mention Beans in here, definition of a under achiever

^ Believe it or not, Chris had potential to have a pretty strong career. From a marketing standpoint, he could sing, was "cute" (NH, you know what Imean), could dance & had a smile like Usher. But all that is a wash now. Even the lil birds who still support him, they won't once someone kicks their___. If you look @ R. Kelly, people have a real hard time getting back into his material & that's just off a little sexual perversion
laugh.gif
. Chris beata broad. But not just any broad; he smacked up a pop queen. Unless she reveals a new strand to the story, he's on the hook for that.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Nas for all da old heads.....

for da new heads, 50.
I guess it does really matter when you grew up. I can't believe there are not too many people mentioning Snoop. Back in 92, 93 when he wason 187 w/ Dre and the Chronic, the hype was everywhere. I'm sure all the 30+ year olds know what I'm talking about.

the answer HAS to be 50. The buzz that he generated off Wanksta and In Da Club combined with the fact that he was being cosigned byEminem (who has at his pinnacle), AND he was going at one of the most popular rappers out at the time(Ja-Rule), dude really had like no choice but to blow.Dude really had the game in a choke hold

Originally Posted by johngotty

^ Believe it or not, Chris had potential to have a pretty strong career. From a marketing standpoint, he could sing, was "cute" (NH, you know what I mean), could dance & had a smile like Usher. But all that is a wash now. Even the lil birds who still support him, they won't once someone kicks their ___. If you look @ R. Kelly, people have a real hard time getting back into his material & that's just off a little sexual perversion
laugh.gif
. Chris beat a broad. But not just any broad; he smacked up a pop queen. Unless she reveals a new strand to the story, he's on the hook for that.
damn couldve said he had female appeal didnt have to say he was cute
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

anyways I don't love or hate Jeezy.. can someone point me to the right direction.. any mixtapes I should listen to? his albums were Good to me but nothingI can keep on listening to

Originally Posted by early90s

the answer HAS to be 50. The buzz that he generated off Wanksta and In Da Club combined with the fact that he was being cosigned by Eminem (who has at his pinnacle), AND he was going at one of the most popular rappers out at the time(Ja-Rule), dude really had like no choice but to blow. Dude really had the game in a choke hold

Yeah, he lived up to it with GRODT, but after that it was straight downhill for the most part, where Jeezy has been putting out
pimp.gif
%%+! since he hit thescene on a CONSISTENT basis. Same can't be said for 50...AT ALL.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

the answer HAS to be 50. The buzz that he generated off Wanksta and In Da Club combined with the fact that he was being cosigned by Eminem (who has at his pinnacle), AND he was going at one of the most popular rappers out at the time(Ja-Rule), dude really had like no choice but to blow. Dude really had the game in a choke hold

Yeah, he lived up to it with GRODT, but after that it was straight downhill for the most part, where Jeezy has been putting out
pimp.gif
%%+! since he hit the scene on a CONSISTENT basis. Same can't be said for 50...AT ALL.
50 had his own movie, clothing line, drink flavor, hell HIS OWN DAMN VIDEO GAME
smh.gif

50 >__

pimp.gif
%%+! since he hit the scene on a CONSISTENT basis. Same can't be said for 50...AT ALL.
smh.gif

50 >__

I thought this thread was about living up to buzz MUSICALLY (this is the music forum). If not forgive me...if so,
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
...50 is prolly one of the MOSTOVERRATED "MUSICIANS" OF ALL TIME.

pimp.gif
smh.gif

50 >__

I thought this thread was about living up to buzz MUSICALLY (this is the music forum). If not forgive me...if so,
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
...50 is prolly one of the MOST OVERRATED "MUSICIANS" OF ALL TIME.
damn my bad dog

Back
Top Bottom