Mya Moore. Trppin?

Just the optics of it.

He's been in jail for 23 years and he was a family friend.

I dont think anything crazy happened it just has some 🤔 in it.

I think she just fell in love with a ***** in jail.

Was that her motivation to get him out?

Doesn't matter in the long run because he was wrongfully convicted.

Just a weird story to me.

It truly sounds like a B-ZZErs plot or something but I’m happy for them. I hope they have a happy life together

1600281459665.jpeg

Quite similar to the plot of Daddy's Little Girls with Idris Elba and Gabrielle Union

I don't see what's off. I mean, perhaps she found herself around him more and more and they took a chemistry to each other. She's 31, he has been in jail 20 yrs, are you thinking they had a previous relationship?

Wikipedia says her salary was $45,000 in 2012. I know, "nobody watches women sports, they should lower the rims, wear something tight," blah blah mysogynistic nonsense but most WNBA players would make more money doing whatever they went to college for if that's the case. In fact, I'll just say all.
The top players can make a milly overseas in the...In fact some of em, have skipped the WNBA season just to focus on their other season in the fall...The new CBA got the salary range from $57k-$215k, the ones on the lower end ain’t ballin but they def making more than most ppl fresh outta college these days

Maya’s bag should be good overall but idk why you even brought that to this topic

For the uninitiated, Mya Moore was a super star WNBA player who quit in her prime to pursue her social justice calling.

She was fighting to release a wrongfully imprisoned inmate, which was a family friend Johnathan Irons.

Irons was released this summer after 20 years, and is now married to Mya Moore.

Am I trippin or does something seem off here?

It seems off but let it be. If a female did that for me I’d marry her ASAP. Its so loving so attractive like she sacrificed for me. If he leaves her then he’s a bxxxx. I have a question. Did she become a lawyer ?

Last edited:
I support women's basketball and I respected her game when she played but honestly, WNBA don't make bread like that. She was making $58,000 a year on her last contract. You can be a manager at T-Mobile and make more than $58k. So her giving up the rest of her career is very admirable but financially not a huge sacrifice

Seems like they've been unofficially engaged for years. Imagine getting your one hour of free time and telling your fellow inmates how your outside girlfriend just won the WNBA Championship

Seems like they've been unofficially engaged for years. Imagine getting your one hour of free time and telling your fellow inmates how your outside girlfriend just won the WNBA Championship

But was she sending him pics?

It seems off but let it be. If a female did that for me I’d marry her ASAP. Its so loving so attractive like she sacrificed for me. If he leaves her then he’s a bxxxx. I have a question. Did she become a lawyer ?

That's what the Lifetime special is for featuring Tyler Perry characters.

Why would he be a b**** if he left her?

What if the relationship isn't going well?

I don't think she retired, she's still in her prime? she took the season off due to injustice and what not going on? im pretty sure, never heard retirement

but did she know him prior? I find it odd but good for them
I was aware of this story since last year and the update yesterday they got married was, I dunno the word, surprising I guess. I have no issues, I’m happy for them but it definitely is a one of a kind story. This thread has a lot of people with questions/misunderstandings.

A few things

Maya hasn’t played the last 2 seasons. She’s 31 now, an mvp and 4x champ. For what it’s worth. She hasn’t played overseas since she stepped away. I think she’s played like 5 seasons overseas and won titles every time. She’s OD

She met Irons when she was 18, he had already done 10 years in prison at the time.

Neither Maya or irons are attorneys but they’re working closely with lawyers and the legal system to bring justice to the wrongfully convicted. It really sounds similar to that move Just Mercy with Michael B Jordan :lol:

Maya said she hasn’t decided on playing b-ball again.

ESPN is working with them on a documentary

Why would he be a b**** if he left her?

What if the relationship isn't going well?
Honestly bro real talk I thought about this and how after all the work and sacrifice Maya made, my guy can NEVER get caught slippin on Maya. Like how bad would you feel if after all she did, if he ever does something to mess with her... Gods work better be strong with him lol

Back
Top Bottom