My weekend at Coachella (VIDEO)

cool video, but spending 300$ to hear someone press play sounds really stupid to me. and i know coachella has lots of different genres, but with electronic music becoming more and more popular it's becoming a big part of most music festivals. and even in your vid it looks like there's a lot of shots from electronic music performances..

idk i don't get, most of these producers don't do anything while on stage. i guess you're paying for the lights, big speaker, and crowd?
mean.gif
You sound stupid. Maybe a couple guys do that, but Coachella gets real dj's for the most part. I'm not gonna write any more because you obviously don't understand and I'm just going to get frustrated.

unlike garbage electronic festivals like EDC and other events that cater to pill poppin pre teens coachella is overall a great experience and something one should experience at least once. i will say this though, the lineups these last 2 years have been lacking. hopefully next year daft punk hops on board.for the most part if you know your stuff you know which tents to stay out of, the bro step tents full of miscers and kids with thousands of beaded bracelets should be a clear indicator that you're in the crappy music tent.

You sound stupid. Maybe a couple guys do that, but Coachella gets real dj's for the most part. I'm not gonna write any more because you obviously don't understand and I'm just going to get frustrated.
cool didn't know, i always thought coachella was like ultra, edc, etc., because most of my friends who went/go often group it with those festivals...then again my friends don't have great music taste, so maybe I should've known better :lol:
i guess it didn't really help that OP posted a video with very mainstream-sounding electronic music, shots with lights and stuff that look just like EDC, and there were no performers from other genres.

poster below you was more useful than yours, btdubs. negged

either way, the ridiculously bad sound quality, clipping, and distortion at any of these festivals is reason enough not to go imo. i guess that makes me stupid... :rolleyes

Last edited:
So you make an uneducated statement and then "neg" me? gb2misc
unlike garbage electronic festivals like EDC and other events that cater to pill poppin pre teens coachella is overall a great experience and something one should experience at least once. i will say this though, the lineups these last 2 years have been lacking. hopefully next year daft punk hops on board.for the most part if you know your stuff you know which tents to stay out of, the bro step tents full of miscers and kids with thousands of beaded bracelets should be a clear indicator that you're in the crappy music tent.
Lineups have been lacking?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
What kind of music do you listen to?
either way, the ridiculously bad sound quality, clipping, and distortion at any of these festivals is reason enough not to go imo. i guess that makes me stupid...
eyes.gif
Extra stupid. The sound was great on all the stages, try asking someone who went. Are you just making stuff up as you go?
roll.gif

Last edited:
Dang a weekend of that? Looks mad fun. I need to GO!

Anyone hear whats good with the Joshua Tree Music Festival?

I'd neg you cuz you said i sound stupid, when you could have just said i sound uninformed.
you even admitted that Coachella gets some artists who do what I described, so that alone makes my statement at least somewhat valid. My opinion could have just been based on those artists, whose existence you acknowledge, who do exactly what I described.

As far as not understanding music festivals...I'm sorry if I like to be able to actually listen to my music with some degree of accuracy and fidelity

I'd neg you cuz you said i sound stupid, when you could have just said i sound uninformed.
you even admitted that Coachella gets some artists who do what I described, so that alone makes my statement at least somewhat valid. My opinion could have just been based on those artists, whose existence you acknowledge, who do exactly what I described.

As far as not understanding music festivals...I'm sorry if I like to be able to actually listen to my music with some degree of accuracy and fidelity
... but you can't neg me because this is Niketalk.

There is nothing better than live music, imo. I guess you're the type that likes to sit at home with your $300 headphones listening to FLAC files. Do you.  But don't try to crap on festivals when the sound is actually really good. They invest a lot of money for that reason.

Awesome video
If I was 15 years younger, I'd go to Coachella.
Real talk, I wouldn't be able to party for 3 straight days..

-J-

i've gone from 99-2008 when they stopped selling individual days, i like the new acts like xx beach house and kendrick was pretty awesome last year, but dudes like bauuer were trash..i take it you are a david guetta or steve aoki fan, the sahara tent used to be decent but now theres so much trash that they stuff all of those acts into both the mojave and sahara.

Last edited:

Coachella is awesome not only for the music but what some people don't understand it's the EXPERIENCE. It's hard to explain but one of my best moments at coachella last year was chillen at the phone charging ports at 4am chopping it up with females. The community is really great. I made friends and listened to all kinds of music and discovered music I wouldn't have delved into. Great vid OP. I wa hesitant to watch it because I'm so jealous I missed this year!

Awesome video
If I was 15 years younger, I'd go to Coachella.
Real talk, I wouldn't be able to party for 3 straight days..

-J-
Man, I'm 25 and it took me a full week to recover
laugh.gif

Sitting at my desk like a damn zombie
i've gone from 99-2008 when they stopped selling individual days, i like the new acts like xx beach house and kendrick was pretty awesome last year, but dudes like bauuer were trash.. i take it you are a david guetta or steve aoki fan.
roll.gif

So there's nothing between The xx (who were there) and Guetta?

There were a ton of great bands there, man. I probably spent 1/4 of my time in the rave tent.

edit.. cool Luke Chueh avy btw

Last edited:
Looked awesome, wish they had something like this in nyc. Camping probably made it 5x better. No showers though?

Dope recap video! So feel good.

Nothing beats the atmosphere of a festival in the good weather :pimp:

... but you can't neg me because this is Niketalk.

There is nothing better than live music, imo. I guess you're the type that likes to sit at home with your $300 headphones listening to FLAC files. Do you.  But don't try to crap on festivals when the sound is actually really good. They invest a lot of money for that reason.
yeah i was kidding :lol:, that's why I said I would neg you, not I was going to...and I said it half-jokingly

Yeah I know I'm in the minority. And I recognize that tons of people enjoy festivals like this for reasons other than the sound quality, and I respect that. But let's not act like the sound quality is good...it's not. Like, it's not even physically possible lol...

w.e...different strokes for different folks. Any festivals like this in the bay area this summer worth going to? Maybe going to one will change my mind :D

its still an awesome experience though, first weekend is alot more cooler, weatherwise that is.no matter what they will have someone you like, if no you will hear some new ish that will make you a fan.

yeah i was kidding :lol:, that's why I said I would neg you, not I was going to...and I said it half-jokingly

Yeah I know I'm in the minority. And I recognize that tons of people enjoy festivals like this for reasons other than the sound quality, and I respect that. But let's not act like the sound quality is good...it's not. Like, it's not even physically possible lol...

w.e...different strokes for different folks. Any festivals like this in the bay area this summer worth going to? Maybe going to one will change my mind :D

http://www.sfoutsidelands.com/home/

its pretty much coachella but in the bay

Festivals are fun for me - whether its ultra, edc, or coachella. Its the experience. You don't have to be 18 or 40 you can have a good time. Its honestly up to the individual if they have fun or not, not anyone else.

Looks fun.
Don't know if I'd be able to do the whole camping thing tho.
Saw a bunch of pics from the pool parties around coachella and the girls were :pimp:

Yeah pool parties looked fun! Camping was fun because we didn't have to worry about getting there and leaving everyday. Friend of mine told me it took her pretty long every night.

To everyone else, thanks for the love. Was definitely fun making the video. I agree, most of the footage were DJs, besides 2 Chainz. But that's simply because I didn't record other performances. There were alot more genres I did watch which were great as well. It was actually good to step away from the EDM tents once in a while just to chill, although that is definitely where everyone was going nuts. The Phoenix and XX set was pretty awesome, although the R Kelly Ignition-1901 Remix was pretty random(but still cool haha). Other artists I saw were Allen Stone, Janelle Monae, Wu-Tang, Jurassic 5, Postal Service, Bingo Players, Lumineers, La Roux, etc.

Three days was definitely tough but like some users said, the people and the friendships are the best part of these festivals. I met a lot of new people in the actual event, and camping as well. Definitely worth the experience at least once. I know $300 is a bit steep, but keep in mind that was with my camping pass. You can buy tickets to these things days before for $200. I will admit though....I am still in recovery mode haha. All that dust flying around definitely still bothering the respiratory system :tongue:

Went to Coachella the previous 3 years, couldn't make it this year. That being said, this video made me mad salty. Good ish tho :smokin

The women at Coachella cannot be touched: It is the Western mecca of pootie tang.

Lineup was wack. I sold my two passes with shuttle access for $400 each a week before weekend 1. $175 though? That's crazy!

Back
Top Bottom