My Research Project Prospectus: The effect and rise of Jordan Brand footwear in the Urban community

Tell me what you guys think. i have to write a 15 page report over the next 3 weeks on the subject any help will be appreciated i plan to use this community asa source for my research (as i feel a lot of people here grew up during the era and can work as primary sources in my research) your opinions are very muchappreciated, thanks for looking.

Prospectus Letter

Dear Ms. Juarez:

In this letter I wish to discuss the topic I wish to conduct my research on. Please feel free to provide any feedback that would help my research becomemore through and effective.

For this project I intend to research the effect and rise of Jordan Brand footwear in the Urban community. I think there is so much information out thereregarding how the brand has become a pop icon not only because of Michael Jordan but how the brand presented itself to youth during the 80's. topics thatwould also be relevant include the portrayal of Air Jordan to youth, Michael Jordan as a pop icon, and the rise of shoe collecting" as a hobby. I intendto focus on violence that has risen out of the value (both monetary and sentimental) placed on the footwear, and why the footwear is so popular in today'surban youth.

This research is important to me because I myself appreciate the elegance and nostalgia produced by Jordan Brand. I am interested to find out why manypeople are willing to shoot others for a misstep on their shoes. It is not just about the shoe, but the sentimental value placed into them. I feel that it isnot just an urban problem, but also a problem in society when people value material goods more than their own lives.

For this research I wish to work by myself. This is for the simple fact that my schedule is hectic, and I will I have more knowledge in this subject thanothers in my class. I think I would be able to find better resources having already been in the "hobby" for a few years now. Its also extremelyinteresting to me so I would put more effort into the research.

Sources I intend to use include, but are not limited to, : Driven from within by Micheal Jordan, the periodical issue of Sole Collector #22, The May 14,1990 issue of time magazine, Air-jordans.com, and Niketalk.yuku.com for primary sources. All of the sources I intend to use, in my opinion, have a high levelof integrity as a source, but my discretion will be used.

In conclusion, I hope to gather information on why violence has occurred over the footwear, and where the brand stands today in the urban community. I wishto show how the Air Jordan brand ,with Michael Jordan, have risen in popularity even after his basketball career has ended. I also wish to show how shoe"collecting" has been a favorite pastime of many people, old and young alike, and more importantly, what this hobby means for them.

i will update this thread periodicly if people are really interested in my research. will gladly let you read the final product if interested
happy.gif

CLIFF NOTES:

doing a research project on JB

focus on violence and collecting

thanks for reading

You could talk about how fakes have driven many collectors, including me, away from the brand.

Originally Posted by blco02

You could talk about how fakes have driven many collectors, including me, away from the brand.
nice. i forgot about that aspect. i think ill put that under the collecting maybe explore positive and negative of collecting (off the top of myhead cant really think of any positive besides pride lol) thanks for the idea.

You also need to add "Swoosh" and "Just Do It" to your bibliography.

inglewooood what are you talking about? i didn't even use any sources in my prospectus.. what is there to cite?

and bohrdom i think 15 pages is easy, i mean i can talk about shoes all day go into the whole release parties, release types, effect of jordans on the shoeindustry, and growth of other brands. there's a lot to shoes that i can think about that can easily make up 15 pages of information.

and CWK thanks !

One thing to keep in mind is that the Jordan's aren't the only product that is responsible for rising violence. Too many times this is the focus on thenews because of the shoes popularity & status. So I think it's better to mention that there's violent incidents over the product not an actualincrease. Just a thought.

Originally Posted by SHORTYtwo3

One thing to keep in mind is that the Jordan's aren't the only product that is responsible for rising violence. Too many times this is the focus on the news because of the shoes popularity & status. So I think it's better to mention that there's violent incidents over the product not an actual increase. Just a thought.
but that has been an increase in violence over the JB products due to their increase in popularity which i think is the direction MECKS was goin

id say somethin bout how shoe collectors are selling their collection 2 survive da recession

You could also try to get a copy of Sole Collector, that Nike book that came out about 6-7 years ago. That'll give you some ideas guaranteed.

you could buy mine 30 bucks shipped! actually no that is my favorite book of all time. i will probably give that a look again tomorrow i love it

Back
Top Bottom