MY NEW PUPPY DEXTER (6 week old English Bulldog) PICS!

Originally Posted by GetHigh420

^ Bro what's the best way to start potty training now?

This %#$+% cries at night I gotta figure out how to get him comfortable with my pad asap. I sleep for 5 hours on and off every night.

At that young of age they're going to have to go out in the middle of the night, sometimes more than once.  Something to be said about waiting until they're 8-12 weeks old.  Crate training works wonders.

Get them on a schedule asap.  Generally after waking up, after playing and after eating/drinking.  Don't bother with the piddle pads.  But realistically you're looking at every couple of hours.  If not more.  I love puppies but they're a ton of work
laugh.gif

raising a puppy during the first 2-3 months is harder than raising a toddler, real talk.

be prepared to get up every 3 hours for the pup to use the bathroom. they gain bladder control around 6-7 months.

raising a puppy during the first 2-3 months is harder than raising a toddler, real talk.

be prepared to get up every 3 hours for the pup to use the bathroom. they gain bladder control around 6-7 months.

I love these dogs but I can't own one due to the fact that i want the "perfect dog" ( <----- National Geographic Term)

I love these dogs but I can't own one due to the fact that i want the "perfect dog" ( <----- National Geographic Term)

Awesome dog bro. My family has had English Bulldogs for as long as I can remember. We had three litters with one of our bullies and kept one of the puppies who passed away summer of 2009 when he was 8. My dad had to get a new dog so we lucked into being given Bogey for free. We've known our Vet for 20+ years and he knew a lady who gave him and us one. I'm pretty sure we are going to breed Bogey this summer. Hopefully I can convince my parents to let me keep one. Here's pics of Bogey. She was actually the runt of her litter, but has turned into one of the best looking dogs from the bunch.

A few months after we first got her:

Last year when it snowed:

Over Thanksgiving:
mail

mail

English Bulldogs FTW!

Awesome dog bro. My family has had English Bulldogs for as long as I can remember. We had three litters with one of our bullies and kept one of the puppies who passed away summer of 2009 when he was 8. My dad had to get a new dog so we lucked into being given Bogey for free. We've known our Vet for 20+ years and he knew a lady who gave him and us one. I'm pretty sure we are going to breed Bogey this summer. Hopefully I can convince my parents to let me keep one. Here's pics of Bogey. She was actually the runt of her litter, but has turned into one of the best looking dogs from the bunch.

A few months after we first got her:

Last year when it snowed:

Over Thanksgiving:
mail

mail

English Bulldogs FTW!

^She's cute man. FOR SURE HELLA WORK. I be tired these days 
laugh.gif

Wifey snapped this pic this morning.

^She's cute man. FOR SURE HELLA WORK. I be tired these days 
laugh.gif

Wifey snapped this pic this morning.

Cute puppy... though all puppies are cute when they're young. They get super ugly when they get older 
laugh.gif

Also at 6 weeks, you shouldn't be taking him out to public. They can get sick way to easy! Take care of the little man, don't be like the other million losers that get a puppy because they wanted one, then when they realize it's hard work, they neglect them.
30t6p3b.gif

Cute puppy... though all puppies are cute when they're young. They get super ugly when they get older 
laugh.gif

Also at 6 weeks, you shouldn't be taking him out to public. They can get sick way to easy! Take care of the little man, don't be like the other million losers that get a puppy because they wanted one, then when they realize it's hard work, they neglect them.
30t6p3b.gif

Bulldogs are impossible to neglect. Bogey pictured above will bark at you until you acknowledge her if you are just chillin and laying on the couch.
laugh.gif

Bulldogs are impossible to neglect. Bogey pictured above will bark at you until you acknowledge her if you are just chillin and laying on the couch.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Pohflylice

Originally Posted by Gamer Chica

Cutie.. enjoy the first week, when all they do is sleep and snuggle and they don't mess in the house just yet.. then they're comfortable in their surroundings and there's puddles everywhere.  Currently going through that with my 12 week old American Eskimo.. wish I could just fast forward 8 months lol.

Damn, an American Eskimo? Post a pic... I've always wanted one, but could never find a breeder that was local.  Beautiful dogs.... where did u get yours?

and to OP, bulldogs are the most expensive dogs (and the among the ugliest when they're grown
laugh.gif
).  yours is cute tho, do regular check ups at the vet since they are prone to lots of diseases.
Just looking back at this thread.. but here's Niko. He's 14 weeks.. this was taken last week.
2u6jib8.jpg

I got him from a small breeder right outside Phenix City, Alabama.. About a half hour from Auburn, Alabama or Columbus, Georgia if that helps. Dogs in the south are so much cheaper than up north, I got him for 200.. and I see breeds that would go for thousands go for 500-700, AKC/UKC registered and all..

Originally Posted by Pohflylice

Originally Posted by Gamer Chica

Cutie.. enjoy the first week, when all they do is sleep and snuggle and they don't mess in the house just yet.. then they're comfortable in their surroundings and there's puddles everywhere.  Currently going through that with my 12 week old American Eskimo.. wish I could just fast forward 8 months lol.

Damn, an American Eskimo? Post a pic... I've always wanted one, but could never find a breeder that was local.  Beautiful dogs.... where did u get yours?

and to OP, bulldogs are the most expensive dogs (and the among the ugliest when they're grown
laugh.gif
).  yours is cute tho, do regular check ups at the vet since they are prone to lots of diseases.
Just looking back at this thread.. but here's Niko. He's 14 weeks.. this was taken last week.
2u6jib8.jpg

I got him from a small breeder right outside Phenix City, Alabama.. About a half hour from Auburn, Alabama or Columbus, Georgia if that helps. Dogs in the south are so much cheaper than up north, I got him for 200.. and I see breeds that would go for thousands go for 500-700, AKC/UKC registered and all..

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Is errybody coppin deez junts? I wanted one too.... Trendy? I didnt know...

How can a dog be trendy LOL? If some of these people have had English Bulldogs for like 3+ years.

They just copped a puppy 3 years ago and said..."Yeah you'll be in style in 2010"

BULLDOGS are great DOGS. And
indifferent.gif
to the ugly when they get old comments.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Is errybody coppin deez junts? I wanted one too.... Trendy? I didnt know...

How can a dog be trendy LOL? If some of these people have had English Bulldogs for like 3+ years.

They just copped a puppy 3 years ago and said..."Yeah you'll be in style in 2010"

BULLDOGS are great DOGS. And
indifferent.gif
to the ugly when they get old comments.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

This %#$+% cries at night I gotta figure out how to get him comfortable with my pad asap. I sleep for 5 hours on and off every night.

At that young of age they're going to have to go out in the middle of the night, sometimes more than once.  Something to be said about waiting until they're 8-12 weeks old.  Crate training works wonders.

Get them on a schedule asap.  Generally after waking up, after playing and after eating/drinking.  Don't bother with the piddle pads.  But realistically you're looking at every couple of hours.  If not more.  I love puppies but they're a ton of work
laugh.gif
i 2nd that crate train him i got this guy yesterday and what i did with my 3year old is crate him at night during the day potty about every hour if not more if he drinks alot of water. he cried all night but its a must i say for about 3 weeks

after that i give him free run of my room leave them alone when your going to the store etc locked in your room

and last give them a bigger space up stairs only for example after that the whole house he should learn in his and he wont go in his territory

Originally Posted by Nawth21

laugh.gif
i 2nd that crate train him i got this guy yesterday and what i did with my 3year old is crate him at night during the day potty about every hour if not more if he drinks alot of water. he cried all night but its a must i say for about 3 weeks

after that i give him free run of my room leave them alone when your going to the store etc locked in your room

and last give them a bigger space up stairs only for example after that the whole house he should learn in his and he wont go in his territory

yo anyone have problems with their puppies eating their own poop? I noticed she ate a big piece of her own stool yesterday when she was outside, she also did it again this morning. Is it normal for puppies to eat their own stool? Will she be prone to heart worms/hook worms after that?

yo anyone have problems with their puppies eating their own poop? I noticed she ate a big piece of her own stool yesterday when she was outside, she also did it again this morning. Is it normal for puppies to eat their own stool? Will she be prone to heart worms/hook worms after that?

Back
Top Bottom