My Macbook Wont Recognize The Battery

antidope

Supporter
Back in September I dropped it and when I picked it back up the battery wasnt working anymore... My brother aslo has the same macbook so I tried his battery and charger as well and its no good. I dont have Apple Care anymore either and I took it to a local place who didnt know what was wrong with it. Just trying to see if any other NTers had this problem and fixed it.  You can see it at the top

Originally Posted by GP9Rm4108

Buy a PC.

OP, you may need to reset your pram
[h4]Resetting PRAM and NVRAM[/h4]
  1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  6. Release the keys.
Your computer's PRAM and the NVRAM are reset to the default values. The clock settings may be reset to a default date on some models.

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

Originally Posted by GP9Rm4108

Buy a PC.

OP, you may need to reset your pram
[h4]Resetting PRAM and NVRAM[/h4]
  1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  6. Release the keys.
Your computer's PRAM and the NVRAM are reset to the default values. The clock settings may be reset to a default date on some models.
This didnt work.
frown.gif

Not RIP.  go into "About this Mac" > more info > power

See how many cycles your battery has gone.  I bet its over 300.  Apple warrantees their batteries for 300 cycles.  Take it to one of the genii and have them look at it.  I had the same problem and was over 300 cycles and they gave me a new free battery anyway.

Originally Posted by PoPcoRN Playa 24

See how many cycles your battery has gone.  I bet its over 300.  Apple warrantees their batteries for 300 cycles.  Take it to one of the genii and have them look at it.  I had the same problem and was over 300 cycles and they gave me a new free battery anyway.
great answer!(no sarcasm, serious)

Originally Posted by PoPcoRN Playa 24

226. I went to my brothers laptop and did the same thing and also got 226, but that cant be right cause we got macs at totally different times.

Both of our batteries need servicing apparently. I'm gonna set up an appointment though.

Going to the apple store today, any advice on what to say to them to make them lean towards handling this for free? When I called the customer service hotline they told me it was going to be $300 and I'm not paying that much to fix a five year old laptop no way.

Back
Top Bottom