My Early NBA Mock Draft (First Round)

Originally Posted by yungmatt

I aint sold on Monroe anymore.... Son is soft as cotton and you cant teach heart
I don't think that there is anyway that people on here ARE sold on him BUT that will not stop him from going top 5.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

Thabeet will go #2 over Rubio...unless NBA GM's haven't learned from the Darko, Bargnani fiascos.

Jodie Meeks is a first rounder IMO. Darren Collison 2nd rounder.
If the Kings get the #2 pick, I would want them to take Rubio.

Me too, so they can stay sucking.

Goddamit Utah. Even mock drafts got jokes. Just pick a brother once. I would actually like to see them take Hansbrough. He's like the white Paul Millsap.

jermainetaylor.jpg

Round 1. Book it.
pimp.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]If Derozan works on his defense, he could be something. I saw USC vs. UCLA, and Derozan was playingsome 3rd grade defense. He had his eyes[/color] [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]locked[/color] [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]on his man, UCLA should have ran screens all day.[/color]

You don't see Manny Harris going in the 1st round? I think he a 1st rounder just off the strength of that Duke win...

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

For as soft as Monroe may be he sure as hell is 10 times better than Jordan Hill

potentially?
cus Rite now, Monroe aint doin nothin that Jordan Hill does, 10 times better than him
we not watching the same games

Originally Posted by Thousandaire

You don't see Manny Harris going in the 1st round? I think he a 1st rounder just off the strength of that Duke win...
He has no business coming out. He's not one of those kids who should leave in fear of his stock dropping if he stays...because it's notreally high right now anyway.

Originally Posted by Thousandaire

Next year.

pimp.gif

If anything, he shoulda left LAST year.

Manny is still that dude tho'

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

For as soft as Monroe may be he sure as hell is 10 times better than Jordan Hill

potentially?
cus Rite now, Monroe aint doin nothin that Jordan Hill does, 10 times better than him
we not watching the same games
What does he do better than Monroe as far as skills goes?

He can't shoot like Monroe
He doesn't have as many post moves as Monroe
He can't pass like Monroe
He can't dribble like Monroe
He's not a better all around defender either. You get Jordan Hill against an athletic mobile 4 who can put the ball on the floor out on the perimeter andhe's done.

Sure his output is great...and he's tough and he dunks the ball hard...and all of that good stuff...but just like what happened with Jeff back in 2007. Puthim in a workout against all these so called big time bigs with big numbers and alot of highlights...and he's going to dog them every time because he'sjust flat out better. His knock is his mentality and toughness...not his game.

Pat has never given any indication that he's leaving early...Jodie neither. in fact, Pat's said multiple times that he's staying.

just throwing that out there.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

jermainetaylor.jpg

Round 1. Book it.
pimp.gif
nope. not a chance.

you are in love with these small 2 guards a little too much

small?
Jermaine is 6'5 ....

so what position Monroe gonna play 3? cus if we talkin bout playin the 4 in the NBA, he aint doin no work in the paint that Hill is doing

His knock is his mentality and toughness...not his game.
Just to play devils advocate....How is toughness/mentality not a part of your 'game' ?

Maybe not your skillset, but definitely you're game.

jermainetaylor.jpg

Round 1. Book it.
pimp.gif
nope. not a chance.

small?
Jermaine is 6'5 ....

so what position Monroe gonna play 3? cus if we talkin bout playin the 4 in the NBA, he aint doin no work in the paint that Hill is doing

and at 6'9 235 what paint work will hill be doing in the NBA?

Originally Posted by dreClark

Just to play devils advocate....How is toughness/mentality not a part of your 'game' ?

And this is why Im saying it now and yall can quote me on this.... Greg Monroe will be a BUST at the next level.

And Im a fan of his game.

anyone have any speculation if gani lawal is coming out early? kinda slowed down [along with the team] from his hot start.

jermainetaylor.jpg

Round 1. Book it.
pimp.gif
nope. not a chance.

small?
Jermaine is 6'5 ....

He's got like 2 inches and 20 something pounds on Hill. Of course he's playing the 4 and can play 5 too. What work in the paint do youexpect Hill to be doing? Tell me how many post moves Hill has that doesn't involve catching and dunking. Is he going to be able to step out thepaint...face up and knock down the mid range jumper? Is he going to be able to take a slower defender off the dribble? No.

History has proven time and time and again that these super dunking athletic 4's usually don't amount to much in the league. Look at the top 4's inthe league. KG, Duncan, Amare, Bosh, etc. Whose game resembles theirs closer? Monroe or Jordan Hill. Jordan Hill is going to be at his best on a team that runsup and down the floor and takes alot of shots so he'll have alot of opportunities for dunks and rebounds. Plug Jordan Hill into a situation where he'sgoing to make a post move or shoot a jumper and he's in trouble.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by dreClark

And this is why Im saying it now and yall can quote me on this.... Greg Monroe will be a BUST at the next level.

And Im a fan of his game.
They said the same thing about Jeff...

Back
Top Bottom