MUST WATCH: NBA TV’s The Dream Team Documentary (Full Length)

Stockton is a humble guy, dude is still one of the best point guards who played in the NBA. dude deserved to win a ring but that never happened
laugh.gif

It's a great documentary.

laugh.gif
 at nobody noticing John Stockton. Barkley was jokes as usual.
Pippen & Jordan gave Kukoc hell when they played him. You don't see defense like that anymore
frown.gif

When Magic, Bird & Jordan were takin' photos

"Don't get to close to Michael, it's a foul"
roll.gif

Originally Posted by maddog345

Pippen & Jordan gave Kukoc hell when they played him. You don't see defense like that anymore
frown.gif
FIBA still allows hand checking, thus allowing for physical perimeter defense (they don't let as much go down low though). You're just used to the NBA, which is the opposite (no hand checking, less physicality on the perimeter, and much more physical down low).

thats crazy about them throwing the game against the college select team

magic johnson was HILARIOUS in the beginning of the US practice footage interview.

the players didn't throw the game. it was only the coach, who didn't make any adjustments and made sure weird rotations and groups of players were with each other. he intentionally made them not gel...they didn't know that at the time.

grant hill and webber refuse to believe it was thrown, though.

im a 90's baby so this makes me appreciate usa basketball a lot more. Didn't realize larry and magic were at the end of their careers when this team formed. For those who witnessed the dream team, was Bird basically a benchwarmer on this squad?

Originally Posted by ai3mac1

John Stockton has no ego lol. Didn't give a damn nobody recognized him and seemed to find it hilarious himself

when he was walking around and no one knew who he was
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MrSwagtastic

im a 90's baby so this makes me appreciate usa basketball a lot more. Didn't realize larry and magic were at the end of their careers when this team formed. For those who witnessed the dream team, was Bird basically a benchwarmer on this squad?
Limited minutes due to his back and of course all of the blowouts.

IMO, Barkley played the best during their rampage through the Olympics.

Post should be working again. Will keep updating to working video in original post.
Post also updated with download link.

Finally watched it, thanks for the link. What is interesting to me of all those guys on the USA team and the select team, the only person still in the league is Grant Hill...

Originally Posted by MrSwagtastic

Bird's back was done and he didnt even play the following season. He first hurt his back doing his mom's drive way which led to him having surgery to remove a disc. So the fact he played a season after that and the summer with Dream Team was incredible. I remember reading that in a layup line with the Dream Team he dunked and it made his back hurt even worse.

It's a damn shame they didn't show how the practice went down. They only show various clips. Probably too much censor and cussing between Magic , MJ and Charles lol

Back
Top Bottom