Muhammad Ali has died at age 74...RIP to the GOAT

Right. Because people just started calling him that after he died.

**** atta here. We seen your clown **** in the cologne thread already :lol:

Last edited:
I would put him in the top three heavyweights of all time but let's be real. He left the sport punch drunk and had serious brain injuries at the age of 40 from all the abuse he took. just because somebody dies it doesn't automatically make them the greatest.

Yep. No one else left the ring punch drunk. Take a walk. No one in here is discrediting any other fighter. We are here paying respect to the man. Not only his accomplishments in the ring, but what he stood for outside of the ring. If you are here to try to champion for other fighters, save your time, start another thread and keep it pushing, otherwise, show some respect or shut the hell up.

They're better boxers than Ali out there. Mayweather is leaps and bounds above Ali technically.. Ali transcended boxing tho. While MM is a bum outside the ring. That's what makes him the greatest. Not to mention, Ali's biggest match ups> MM biggest matchups

I would put him in the top three heavyweights of all time but let's be real. He left the sport punch drunk and had serious brain injuries at the age of 40 from all the abuse he took. just because somebody dies it doesn't automatically make them the greatest.
Right, because no one ever called Ali the greatest back when he was alive. 
indifferent.gif

Everyone one of you dudes that are trying to start a debate about this **** right now is acting like a straight up clown

There is a time and place for everything, this is neither the time or place

Take that **** somewhere else

Last edited:
They're better boxers than Ali out there. Mayweather is leaps and bounds above Ali technically.. Ali transcended boxing tho. While MM is a bum outside the ring. That's what makes him the greatest. Not to mention, Ali's biggest match ups> MM biggest matchups
That's the only reason I brought up Louis. I'm far from a boxing casual and would never compare Mayweather to Ali.

Circa 2002/03, I'm ready to finish up my residency in Atlanta. I walk into the pre op holding area on a Monday morning and the ladies say, "You missed it." Missed what? "Muhammad Ali was here on Friday being treated for his Parkinsons. He was running around the hospital, shadow boxing. He had a line behind him like the Pied Piper" You're ******** me?!?! "Nope. He was here. He was signing things for people in his room. His Dr. shut it down after a while because he wanted him to get some rest. I think he's gone now" I literally throw myself into a seat at their desk. Fuming. I was supposed to be at this hospital on Friday but was sent to another one at the last minute. A few minutes pass and one of the ladies picks up the phone and calls upstairs. "Doc, I stand corrected. He's still here, but they're not letting people see him." Like hell, they aren't. If Ali is in this hospital, I'm meeting Ali. Fast forward to the end of the day. I go up the section of the hospital where the folks with money reside. It looked more like a hotel. Turn down service, chocolate on the pillow, etc. I go to the nurses station and there is a group of nurses standing around....one male, the rest female. They break their huddle and I stand by a counter next to the male pretending to look at a chart, while I pretend to fill out a preop. Looking down at my chart, I ask him if Muhammad was on the floor. "Yep", he says while never looking up from his chart :lol: Is he your patient? "Yep". I tell him I just want to walk into the room, shake his hand, and bounce. He waits for the herd to move along, says, "Come on"..and we proceed into the room. He introduces me as a resident doctor and there sitting in the flesh, in flannel pajamas is a man who I felt was larger than life. I go to shake his hand and he asks,"You're a doctor?" Yes sir. "You're not as dumb as you look!!:lol:" I sit down with him for approximately thirty minutes during which times he does various slight of hand tricks...I tell him everyone knows you're fast man. He then opens a notebook and proceeds to show me inconsistencies in the bible. He was writing them down. He kept repeating the word..Inconsistent. His family started to enter the room and I ,not wanting to overstay my welcome, told him I was going to leave. There's literally about five or six people between him and myself and he looks over them and says, "Be cool man". I told him I was going to try to be half as cool as he was but that was hard to do. He says, "****, I know :smokin:smokin:smokin". I fall out laughing. Point at him and walk out.

Will never forget it. RIP Champ!!!

Almost forgot the best part of the whole story. When I went into his room, he was watching When we were Kings on TV. I laughed and told him, "Man you're watching yourself on TV?!?! :lol:"
He laughed and said something about being pretty :smokin

Just seen a video of ali gettin sadam hussein to release american prisoners. This dude had respect from sadam..........sadam hussein. Crazy.

RIP to one of the greatest, a true American and proud black man who showed us we can still confident and stand behind your beliefs despite living in an oppressive society.

Dam that story is crazy. 30 minutes Of bs'ing wit ali. Gotta be ome of your greatest life storys.

Circa 2002/03, I'm ready to finish up my residency in Atlanta. I walk into the pre op holding area on a Monday morning and the ladies say, "You missed it." Missed what? "Muhammad Ali was here on Friday being treated for his Parkinsons. He was running around the hospital, shadow boxing. He had a line behind him like the Pied Piper" You're ******** me?!?! "Nope. He was here. He was signing things for people in his room. His Dr. shut it down after a while because he wanted him to get some rest. I think he's gone now" I literally throw myself into a seat at their desk. Fuming. I was supposed to be at this hospital on Friday but was sent to another one at the last minute. A few minutes pass and one of the ladies picks up the phone and calls upstairs. "Doc, I stand corrected. He's still here, but they're not letting people see him." Like hell, they aren't. If Ali is in this hospital, I'm meeting Ali. Fast forward to the end of the day. I go up the section of the hospital where the folks with money reside. It looked more like a hotel. Turn down service, chocolate on the pillow, etc. I go to the nurses station and there is a group of nurses standing around....one male, the rest female. They break their huddle and I stand by a counter next to the male pretending to look at a chart, while I pretend to fill out a preop. Looking down at my chart, I ask him if Muhammad was on the floor. "Yep", he says while never looking up from his chart :lol: Is he your patient? "Yep". I tell him I just want to walk into the room, shake his hand, and bounce. He waits for the herd to move along, says, "Come on"..and we proceed into the room. He introduces me as a resident doctor and there sitting in the flesh, in flannel pajamas is a man who I felt was larger than life. I go to shake his hand and he asks,"You're a doctor?" Yes sir. "You're not as dumb as you look!!:lol:" I sit down with him for approximately thirty minutes during which times he does various slight of hand tricks...I tell him everyone knows you're fast man. He then opens a notebook and proceeds to show me inconsistencies in the bible. He was writing them down. He kept repeating the word..Inconsistent. His family started to enter the room and I ,not wanting to overstay my welcome, told him I was going to leave. There's literally about five or six people between him and myself and he looks over them and says, "Be cool man". I told him I was going to try to be half as cool as he was but that was hard to do. He says, "****, I know :smokin:smokin:smokin". I fall out laughing. Point at him and walk out.

Almost forgot the best part of the whole story. When I went into his room, he was watching When we were Kings on TV. I laughed and told him, "Man you're watching yourself on TV?!?! :lol:"

Great story. Thanks for sharing!!

King of the World by David Remnick had a profound impact on a younger version of me. I might not be who I am today if Ali wasn't who he was.

R.I.P. to The Greatest

Right, because no one ever called Ali the greatest back when he was alive. :stoneface:

"I'm the greatest, something like Ali in his prime" -50 Cent, Many Men

Disgusting and people think I'm a troll SMH

WOW. :lol: @his your not as dumb as you look remark.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom