Moving out.......how to do it? What age did you do it?

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

IMO, if you're 21-25 with no kids, stay home and stack your money. No sense in having bills kick you in the %*% at such an early age if they don't have to. With rent, electric, cable, water, car note & insurance, etc., it's easy to spend $2000+ just by yourself
Makes sense, but I feel like I'd be missing a valuable experience in making this transition.

Brett.................damn
smh.gif
. Thanks, dream-killer.

IMO, if you're 21-25 with no kids, stay home and stack your money. No sense in having bills kick you in the %*% at such an early age if they don't have to. With rent, electric, cable, water, car note & insurance, etc., it's easy to spend $2000+ just by yourself
Makes sense, but I feel like I'd be missing a valuable experience in making this transition.

Brett.................damn
smh.gif
. Thanks, dream-killer.

moved out at age 21 but thinking about moving back so i can use my rent money to pay off a few things and stack up

I moved out at 22, and it was great. I hit a few hard times and had to move back in with them for a month or so, but I bounced back each time. 26 now, still rolling dolo.

moved out at age 21 but thinking about moving back so i can use my rent money to pay off a few things and stack up

I moved out at 22, and it was great. I hit a few hard times and had to move back in with them for a month or so, but I bounced back each time. 26 now, still rolling dolo.

Save up and help at home and you should be successful, until you get a decent job.

Save up and help at home and you should be successful, until you get a decent job.

If you have to depend on your parents consistently then I would say don't do it. Stack for a little, get your mind right. Living with your boys is cool and all but it gets annoying after a while

If you have to depend on your parents consistently then I would say don't do it. Stack for a little, get your mind right. Living with your boys is cool and all but it gets annoying after a while

as stated above...if your going to school and/or saving up to move out, its all good, as long as your doing something with your life and not being a couch potato

as stated above...if your going to school and/or saving up to move out, its all good, as long as your doing something with your life and not being a couch potato

I moved out at 18, and here I am back at home almost before 22.....I gained hella debt, and lost my job, so the only sound decision was to move back and try to start all over

I moved out at 18, and here I am back at home almost before 22.....I gained hella debt, and lost my job, so the only sound decision was to move back and try to start all over

Moved out at 25. I was ready at like 23 but my money wasn't right.

Money still isn't right but I felt like I needed that independence

Moved out at 25. I was ready at like 23 but my money wasn't right.

Money still isn't right but I felt like I needed that independence

Staying at home with the mentality that you'll be saving money, is not gonna happen, unless you have the mentality that you are seriously planning to move out.

I told myself before I left he nest that I was gonna stay and save up my money, but that never happened. You end up blowing it.

Anyway, ended up moving out by 24, and there's no better feeling than having your own place.

Staying at home with the mentality that you'll be saving money, is not gonna happen, unless you have the mentality that you are seriously planning to move out.

I told myself before I left he nest that I was gonna stay and save up my money, but that never happened. You end up blowing it.

Anyway, ended up moving out by 24, and there's no better feeling than having your own place.

IMO, if you're 21-25 with no kids, stay home and stack your money. No sense in having bills kick you in the #$@ at such an early age if they don't have to. With rent, electric, cable, water, car note & insurance, etc., it's easy to spend $2000+ just by yourself

Exactly! 

IMO, if you're 21-25 with no kids, stay home and stack your money. No sense in having bills kick you in the #$@ at such an early age if they don't have to. With rent, electric, cable, water, car note & insurance, etc., it's easy to spend $2000+ just by yourself

Exactly! 

I moved out at 18, shared an apartment with a few friends for 2 years, and then bought my first house. Would've been a lot easier if I would have stayed home for a couple (key word couple) years and saved money, I would suggest doing that. Couldn't imagine being 25+ and still living at home.

I moved out at 18, shared an apartment with a few friends for 2 years, and then bought my first house. Would've been a lot easier if I would have stayed home for a couple (key word couple) years and saved money, I would suggest doing that. Couldn't imagine being 25+ and still living at home.

Back
Top Bottom