MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

Folks on the MP Reddit sub are speculating that the 1-offense ticket stub thing is gonna help MP get rid of the older members (monthly plan).

Losing money is important and profitting off selling data is important too but when I thought about it more I wonder if some of these changes are based on the beef they had with AMC earlier.

Then some time later beef was dead. I wonder if these are some concessions they made in order to be back in all of their theaters.

mmmhmmmmmmmmm
Well then you don't make a lick of sense.

Last edited:
Ive seen 34 movies total since november for the 80 bucks i spent for the movie pass for the year.
5 in april
5 in march
6 in feb
10 in jan
5 in dec
3 in nov

my current backlog for may is:
isle of dogs
avengers
super troopers
overboard
tully
rampage
pacific rim
quiet place

I repeated on 2 to see with different people. id say about half the time I spend 6-10 bucks in concessions.
Never cheated the system but its annoying to be having convenience of the app slowly stripped away. 4 movies is pretty much ok with me but this ticket stub nonsense and then the no repeat movies... Why should movie pass care if i repeat films. i thought yall wanted data. Maybe you should look at movies that a lot of people repeat on so you can tell movie producers what movies we want to watch again.

dhMeAzK.gif

It’s nevee asked me for a picture of a stub. Is this just a few people or is it most people that it’s asking them for?

If it helps, I just got my MoviePass this month after the $6.95 deal was posted and have seen 6 movies so far. Received the ticket stub verification e-mail yesterday.

Usually go on the Fandango app first to see if good (middle) seats are available for the movie/showtime I want to watch, then check in with MP when I'm at or near the theater, purchase the ticket at a kiosk, and close out the app.

If it helps, I just got my MoviePass this month after the $6.95 deal was posted and have seen 6 movies so far. Received the ticket stub verification e-mail yesterday.

Usually go on the Fandango app first to see if good (middle) seats are available for the movie/showtime I want to watch, then check in with MP when I'm at or near the theater, purchase the ticket at a kiosk, and close out the app.
I do the exact same.

Just to be clear has that 4 movies a month thing start already for everyone or only for new customers.

Its funny cuz I haven't got any e-mails about the stubs, not seeing more than one movie, etc. They've all been messages/alerts on the app.

Just to be clear has that 4 movies a month thing start already for everyone or only for new customers.

Its funny cuz I haven't got any e-mails about the stubs, not seeing more than one movie, etc. They've all been messages/alerts on the app.
For new customers only.

New customers

Yep, I do the same. I was disappointed checking on Avengers today :lol:

Yep, I do the same. I was disappointed checking on Avengers today :lol:
Weekends aint no joke.

I checked some AMC theaters and every showing was almost full from 9am to 4pm :lol: :smh:

Probably won't get to see IW in real IMax for weeks. Just went to Regal :lol:

Th Regal theatre I normally go to has Avengers taking up 6 screens, IMAX 3D, Imax 2d, Rpx, Real3d & two 2D. The other 8 screens has 6 movies I've already watched, and 2 I'd rather not. :lol:

Weekends aint no joke.

I checked some AMC theaters and every showing was almost full from 9am to 4pm :lol: :smh:

Probably won't get to see IW in real IMax for weeks. Just went to Regal :lol:

I was just seeing the first couple of rows where you have to look almost directly up at the screen hours before the movie

Damn this stink that I cant watch the same movies.. This week is definitely a dry spell for me.. :smh:

Nothing comes out :smh:

I'll probably just go see Avengers again.

Maybe Bad Samaritan but that movie is supposed to be bad.

Th Regal theatre I normally go to has Avengers taking up 6 screens, IMAX 3D, Imax 2d, Rpx, Real3d & two 2D. The other 8 screens has 6 movies I've already watched, and 2 I'd rather not. :lol:
Pretty much the same.

They got 2 floors. 1st Avengers taking up 5. 2nd floor taking up 6. 3D, iMax 3D, 4DX 3D, RPX, the rest 2D.
I was just seeing the first couple of rows where you have to look almost directly up at the screen hours before the movie
The night I saw IW before leaving I was deciding to go and catch another viewing that was convienent as it was just starting.

Only the first 2 rows closest to the screen were open. I said let me try it. I had to crank my head up at the crazy angle and just viewing the movie like that was weird. Scale was all off :lol: I was better off watching standing in the aisle to the exit.

The last time I did that was when I caught the premiere for Phantom Menace :lol: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom