Movie Box Office May 9-11 : Iron Man By A Mile....

WB should have had The Dark Knight prologue with Speed Racer.

Movie barely made more than that Cameron Diaz flick.
smh.gif

btw was iron man really that good? I thought the spiderman trilogy was the only super hero movie worth buying a ticket for

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by 7 sh0wTime 7

I actually enjoyed Speed Racer but Iron Man is doing crazy numbers.
Anybody have a comparison from this to any other superhero movies opening week numbers?
I believe Spiderman 2 has made the most money ever in movies for opening weekend

it was spiderman 3 @ $151 million with pirates of the caribbean 2 second at like $140 million or something

blah!

i thought speed racer was a good movie, but i didn't think iron man would still earn that much money for the 2nd straight weekend

btw was iron man really that good? I thought the spiderman trilogy was the only super hero movie worth buying a ticket for

It was good, but overrated. IMO. It's one of those movies that all comic and non-comic book fans would enjoy.

In contrast, a movie like Batman Begins was a pure comic afficianado affair. Most people I talk to(non-comic fans), still say the movie was boring and too long.

I honestly thought several months or so ago Iron Man would perform better than TDK in the box office, butever since Heath's death, I think the two will be close in terms of earnings.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

It was good, but overrated. IMO. It's one of those movies that all comic and non-comic book fans would enjoy.

In contrast, a movie like Batman Begins was a pure comic afficianado affair. Most people I talk to (non-comic fans), still say the movie was boring and too long.

I honestly thought several months or so ago Iron Man would perform better than TDK in the box office, but ever since Heath's death, I think the two will be close in terms of earnings.

idk man, the dark knight could break a lot of records. batman begins didn't start out so well, but the longevity was ridiculous. it premiered at $48mil, but ended up making $205 mil domestically. it isn't gonna do no $48 mil this time around in its opening week. and the hype that is building +heath's death -> money

speed racer on shrooms > your life.

edit: trust me.

Lolllll please, going to the grocery store with my grandma is more fun than anything on shrooms. I dont know where people get these ideas.

Ironman is doing pretty well 434 million worldwide is not bad, Jon Favreau

Back
Top Bottom