Moments That Made You Realize You’re Washed

Part washed, part WFH life, but I have no clue anymore on what clothes to buy. I don’t need button up shirts since my job is casual and I’m on zoom, but I don’t really want a bunch of random t-shirts either.

Also, are the kids trying to bring bootcut jeans back? :sick: What’s going on man?
I went to a meeting in sneakers recently - 2 years ago my son asked if he could have my dress shoes for something - I didn’t really like them anyway so said “sure, I’ll just go and buy a new pair next week” - 2 years on and I don’t have any shoes because I’ve barely been anywhere to buy them.

I’ve been rotating the same 4 button ups as my nice/going out shirts for the past 3 years :lol: . I wear a full suit and tie to work even though its a business casual environment. Truth is I have no idea how to dress that way. My wardrobe consists of suits, sweatpants/shorts, workout shirts and quarter zips.

I’ve been rotating the same 4 button ups as my nice/going out shirts for the past 3 years :lol: . I wear a full suit and tie to work even though its a business casual environment. Truth is I have no idea how to dress that way. My wardrobe consists of suits, sweatpants/shorts, workout shirts and quarter zips.

I need to start going back into work more. Since I started working from home more often I walk around looking like the dude from Big Lebowski. I feel like working from home accelerates the washedness. I have all these nice clothes I don't wear anymore.

72cfc2ca9bb27808d4e407fd306bf59d.jpg

Last edited:
I think career makes you more washed than age tbh. I'm 34 and I worked a lot of jobs with flexible schedules where I can start later some days, finish early other days, etc. Never felt drained or lacked energy at all and recently started a new job in November and I feel like crap every morning.

I work 8-6pm every single day. Never a late start or an early finish and I feel 10x less energy than I did 6 months ago before I started. So I can say for me personally that washed feeling is fully connected to my job.

8-4, only longer if OT is available. If not im clocking out at 4 sharp, idc if i finished what i was doing or not. See ya tomorrow. Will never stress over work unless its my own business, will never bring that **** home with me either.

Wont let my worlds collide, word to George.

I just fell a lil while ago at work with a couple of boxes in my hands in front of a group of hot *** women who work here :rofl: |l

Not only did i fall but the boxes broke and being that all 6 of these women were there trying to help me up almost made it worse till i tried to hop up to my feet and fell again only to fart when i landed :rofl:

I rolled over with my pants hanging down and my *** sticking out , listening to these ladies help me but laughing hysterically cause of the fart flop. Where i work we have women who set up conference rooms and party's for the higher ups and they're all smokin hot. Think I'll just quit later ... washedlevel+15
Post. Of. The. Year.

I think career makes you more washed than age tbh. I'm 34 and I worked a lot of jobs with flexible schedules where I can start later some days, finish early other days, etc. Never felt drained or lacked energy at all and recently started a new job in November and I feel like crap every morning.

I work 8-6pm every single day. Never a late start or an early finish and I feel 10x less energy than I did 6 months ago before I started. So I can say for me personally that washed feeling is fully connected to my job.

Thats why I tell my subordinates to address me informally by my first name. I aint old enough for all that "sir" stuff. :smh:

To make matters worse a lot of them are older than me.

He right though....thats the quick way to get washed/burnt out.

I used to work them type hours when I was in the Navy....sht is torture.

Got out and now its 9-12 M-F with no signs of burning out :pimp:
Still in the Navy, 22 years deep, a MA for the 17 of the 22. Most of the time my schedule was 0530-1900, or 1730-0700. Super washed off of that schedule alone.

I’m transitioning from the food industry where I’d usually work 11-9 or or 11-10 but only 4 days a week to trying to get a foot in the IT world.

Im def not ready for the 9-5 M-F grind..

But I am ready for the benefits :lol:. PTO, 401k, all that, for the first time in my life sounds good to me

I’m transitioning from the food industry where I’d usually work 11-9 or or 11-10 but only 4 days a week to trying to get a foot in the IT world.

Im def not ready for the 9-5 M-F grind..

But I am ready for the benefits :lol:. PTO, 401k, all that, for the first time in my life sounds good to me

It really depends on your company and industry. Some companies will give you free time to do some easy work at points in the day so you can put your brain on idle for a bit in between doing heavy work. Some companies/industries have no awareness of how overwhelming it can be to have so much work consistently with very little downtime through out the week.

Back
Top Bottom