Moments in sneaker history that disgusted you???? Jordan Related

^^^The worst one IMO is "cherry" 12's. That name just irks me everytime I hear it.

^^^The worst one IMO is "cherry" 12's. That name just irks me everytime I hear it.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

The paint cracking era
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

& im still not over em replacin durabuck w/ ashy suede & no nike air
sick.gif

I just hate how collecting Jordans as a hobby turned into a business of reselling and basically making it hard for people that really wants to buy the Jordans to rock but don't get the

opportunity because of these reseller buying everything up and making it hard for people. I'm not saying this about myself because I can get any Jordan releases I want, I'm saying this

for the regular folks that just want to cop and rock. This bothers me!

And these international releases... why? I can stand limited releases in the states, but why international? We want them too!

I just hate how collecting Jordans as a hobby turned into a business of reselling and basically making it hard for people that really wants to buy the Jordans to rock but don't get the

opportunity because of these reseller buying everything up and making it hard for people. I'm not saying this about myself because I can get any Jordan releases I want, I'm saying this

And these international releases... why? I can stand limited releases in the states, but why international? We want them too!

australian retail prices disgust me. the very scarce international release doesn't come close to compensating for what little we get and how much it costs. i simply NEVER buy ANY SHOE locally. i have no choice but to rely on the good graces of a few beautiful souls here on NT.

australian retail prices disgust me. the very scarce international release doesn't come close to compensating for what little we get and how much it costs. i simply NEVER buy ANY SHOE locally. i have no choice but to rely on the good graces of a few beautiful souls here on NT.

I get pissed at people buying sizes that aren't theirs. If I'm ever trying to get a pair of a shoes and my size is gone, I just move on to my next set of locations. I try not to be greedy when it comes to getting shoes, I very rarely double dip and get more than one pair, I'd much rather someone else get themselves a pair than keep 2 for myself.

I get pissed at people buying sizes that aren't theirs. If I'm ever trying to get a pair of a shoes and my size is gone, I just move on to my next set of locations. I try not to be greedy when it comes to getting shoes, I very rarely double dip and get more than one pair, I'd much rather someone else get themselves a pair than keep 2 for myself.

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

I got you on the resellers, but they've been doing this since 98 or so. Its a new thing, but when there's demand and people willing to pay you can't really blame them. The Japanese kids who saw that demand and profit opportunity are to blame for the resale market. I think they didn't buy the shoes to sell, but just saw that people were willing to pay and took advantage of it. Its the real 'resellers' who I have a problem with. The ones who buy to just to sell.

The nicknames bug me too, especially when people say ones that have nothing to do with the shoes' cw, such as September. The worst part about that is that tee shirt that dropped with September....Quality obviously and of course Nike Air leaving....but I do respect Gentry's reasoning for the removal of Nike Air. JB is just a greedy company and thats why quality was dropped, because the stuff would sell regardless of the quality since the MAIN consumer doesnt care about quality (HS kids and people who don't collect or know about collecting). That's the reason why I'm done with new Jordans.

I have a problem with retros too. In an ideal world, I really wouldn't want them, but since we have them, JB releases some too frequently/ early (black cement IIIs or Black Silver Vs) OR too late (Maroon VIs and Sport Blue VIs)...I mean Bordeauxs didn't retro until this year, and they still sold, but the thing about Maroons is the HS kids have no relation to them, they have no sense of that cw. That's the sad part. JB has become dependent on retros for success, I hate that part the most.

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

I got you on the resellers, but they've been doing this since 98 or so. Its a new thing, but when there's demand and people willing to pay you can't really blame them. The Japanese kids who saw that demand and profit opportunity are to blame for the resale market. I think they didn't buy the shoes to sell, but just saw that people were willing to pay and took advantage of it. Its the real 'resellers' who I have a problem with. The ones who buy to just to sell.

The nicknames bug me too, especially when people say ones that have nothing to do with the shoes' cw, such as September. The worst part about that is that tee shirt that dropped with September....Quality obviously and of course Nike Air leaving....but I do respect Gentry's reasoning for the removal of Nike Air. JB is just a greedy company and thats why quality was dropped, because the stuff would sell regardless of the quality since the MAIN consumer doesnt care about quality (HS kids and people who don't collect or know about collecting). That's the reason why I'm done with new Jordans.

I have a problem with retros too. In an ideal world, I really wouldn't want them, but since we have them, JB releases some too frequently/ early (black cement IIIs or Black Silver Vs) OR too late (Maroon VIs and Sport Blue VIs)...I mean Bordeauxs didn't retro until this year, and they still sold, but the thing about Maroons is the HS kids have no relation to them, they have no sense of that cw. That's the sad part. JB has become dependent on retros for success, I hate that part the most.

Kids and gs retro jordans having better quality and materials than the adult versions. I don't think the kids care about the materials and shape as much as you and me, so why do they do this? Very easy, less correct materials for the retro's equals more profit. This is what I hate about jordan's today.

Kids and gs retro jordans having better quality and materials than the adult versions. I don't think the kids care about the materials and shape as much as you and me, so why do they do this? Very easy, less correct materials for the retro's equals more profit. This is what I hate about jordan's today.

Let me also add that it disgusts me when people rock Js in the club or at the bar. Like fam...you got one wear out of these and trashed em!

Let me also add that it disgusts me when people rock Js in the club or at the bar. Like fam...you got one wear out of these and trashed em!

eltouha wrote:

^^THIS^^

How can a shoe that costs UDS150.00 retail and about 4cents to make be sold for AUD$240.00 in OZ??
We are getting $1.07USD for $1AUD and we are still getting ripped on OZ retail prices.
Wish I had some beautiful souls to help me out!!

eltouha wrote:

^^THIS^^

How can a shoe that costs UDS150.00 retail and about 4cents to make be sold for AUD$240.00 in OZ??
We are getting $1.07USD for $1AUD and we are still getting ripped on OZ retail prices.
Wish I had some beautiful souls to help me out!!

they're around, mate. pay attention to signatures and shoot some pm's about.

you know what's funny, my OG black/infras were AUD$239.99 back in 1991 at Rebel Sports Bankstown. Although they haven't gone up as much here over the years than over there (new sigs for close to AUD$300), Nike Australia really need to get with the times with overseas being such a viable option now, and the exchange rate situation is just pure greed.

they're around, mate. pay attention to signatures and shoot some pm's about.

you know what's funny, my OG black/infras were AUD$239.99 back in 1991 at Rebel Sports Bankstown. Although they haven't gone up as much here over the years than over there (new sigs for close to AUD$300), Nike Australia really need to get with the times with overseas being such a viable option now, and the exchange rate situation is just pure greed.

The banned release. I mean select outlets only??? No phone orders??? So you're telling me I can't order a pair of shoe that is sitting there on your shelf collecting dust, while just a week ago I could have ordered anything over the phone???
mad.gif

Seriously this is just as bad as an international release. I don't get how Nike would do this to it's loyal consumers. They are probably somewhere in beaverton hatching up new ways to screw us over. Next thing you know they'll decide to out Nike Air on the back of all retros but only in Kids sizes. 

Back
Top Bottom