Mods Please Delete

After you found out the iPad was bought with BOTH your money you should've either returned it or told her you did not want it since it was bought with joint money....if she refused for you to return it then tell her to consider it her bday gift. My husband and I have a joint account that we put money into monthly for joint bills (mortgage, utilities, insurance, groceries/house supply) we pay for these joint bills 50/50. We also have a joint savings we can chose to put X amount of dollars into monthly for emergencies or vacations, etc. But we also have our own separate checking accounts for personal usage..... I suggest you two agreeing on getting separate checking accounts if she cannot value shared money appropriately.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

megatron:
Use money from the joint account, tell her to deal with it. There is NO REASON why you should have to use your own money in this situation.
Agreed (except for the 'tell her to deal with it' part. People tend to accept something less the more they are told that they better accept it.)
4wrestling:
Your relationship sounds extremely superficial and materialistic.
Most are. Genuine relationships founded on friendship and a mutual respect are the exception, not the norm.
GottaBdaShoes:
Sit down with your wife and communicate to her that you and her are not on the same page. Explain to her what you're thinking and make sense of the situation. You have to put your foot down and let her know that she's not doing things correctly with you.

If shes not having it then it's your fault for being passive on a daily basis She might feel like she can walk on you whenever she pleases and that you'll take it.

I'd say your marriage is in trouble if material things are this big of an issue.
AAALLLLL OOOOOFFF TTTHHHIIISSSSSS!!!

OP, read that.

Now do it again.
Grizzly Hebert:
If she doesn't see your point of view after a calm discussion... Then you have to release the beast and reclaim your household.

But you need to be prepared for the consequences. If you've been passive for the whole relationship (assuming)....This isn't like a movie where she is gonna swoon and "yes daddy" you when you put your foot down. She is going to challenge you more and it's gonna be a battle. But if you stick to your guns it will work out in the end.
AAAAALLLL OOOFFF TTTHHHAAATTT
Can't thank you enough guys..

v8d0s1.jpg

How is your wife gonna Deebo your @*%% like that?
roll.gif
roll.gif
. This is too funny. You didn't set the ground rules man. You set a bad precedent and now you have to live with it. Damn.

Cot dam women... Lol..... I will be so happy when my divorce is final this year.... I don't miss going through $&!? Like that.. Some women love to make it hard on you and when you make it hard on them all hell breaks loose...Watch signs bro and don't let it become a habit .. Talk about it with her and don't just do it...

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Dont listen to all these dudes. You know what they are..

Sit down with your wife and communicate to her that you and her are not on the same page. Explain to her what you're thinking and make sense of the situation. You have to put your foot down and let her know that she's not doing things correctly with you.

If shes not having it then it's your fault for being passive on a daily basis She might feel like she can walk on you whenever she pleases and that you'll take it.

I'd say your marriage is in trouble if material things are this big of an issue.
I have to agree.  You have to fight past the woman logic and confront her. If you can afford to, you can purchase somethin w/ ur side money for half of the iPad and tell her that's how much she actually spent for ur bday
laugh.gif
But idk I'm smart like that w/ my wife.
Shouldn't be about how much one spends on the other. I'm in the same boat as u financially and my wife understands that and doesn't care about expensive gifts.

Communicate OP. If she get's upset, let her and dont budge. She'll come around eventually.......hopefully

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by Kingtre

laugh.gif
 sorry sir you have bigger problems than figuring out what gift to give and how to pay for it-
Originally Posted by solesavage

The fact that men put up with this is mind blowing.
Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Dont listen to all these dudes. You know what they are..

Originally Posted by JKomorowski09

so she spent 250-300 on your present herself
and she wants you to spend 500-600 + on hers?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 whats with the chumplry 
Originally Posted by Deuce King

This is your wife we're talking about.... Not some j/o

You can't and shouldn't come at her hard body (at first) like these dudes are suggesting.

If she doesn't see your point of view after a calm discussion... Then you have to release the beast and reclaim your household. 

Why not, what's she going to do leave or file for a divorce because she didn't get the gift she wanted??  If that's the case, then I say let her go, at the end of the day she is married to him and he is married to her so as of now neither of them are going anywhere for obvious reasons.  To me, his wife is not even logical or rationale enough to even have a discussion with if she can't even clearly see how big of a hypocrite she is given the gift situation and how she got him a gift last year compared to what she wants this year.  

No disrespect OP but as the saying goes "you don't negotiate with terrorists" and by this I mean your wife appears to be very extreme with her train of thought in this matter.  OP, you can try to talk to her if you want to, but my guess if that you need to be a bit more aggressive in your approach in dealing with her on future matters.  No better time than the present to set things straight. 
Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

should have asked for some balls instead
5193759452_5262ae7c34_z.jpg

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

How long have you guys been married?
She still making a big deal out of valentines day 
grin.gif

A reasonable gift will be fine. If she doesn't accept, add the iPad with it. SUPER PACKAGE.

Back
Top Bottom