Modern Warfare 3 | PS3 OT | Title Update 1.19 | NEW Playlist Update v1.8.505.1 is LIVE

^^^ If I'm not mistaken, the quality of your connection depends on how far away/close you are to the host. The host of the room is usually the person with the best connection for the region you're playing in, or the first person to have joined with the best available connection. This is usually why the host has the advantage. Furthermore, if a majority of the players in the room are on the East coast, including the host, anyone from the West coast will lag, regardless of your connection, and vice versa, hence the reason you usually won't lag much if you join a game by yourself (without a party) and you have a half decent connection. Any time you join a game and you notice that you're playing with foreigners or just players from a different region (including the players in your party), you'll see lag. The further away you are, the more you'll notice it. ie.4 players on the West, 1 on the East, the player from the East will lag regardless of the connection he has.

My guess is they'd have a hard time fixing this in the immediate future because there are so many people playing all the time. If/when people get bored and stop playing as much, the connection will improve, same thing happened with MW2. However, as fewer and fewer people play, they begin to merge servers so you'll be playing in weird regions and lag will increase...

It's a double edged sword I guess.

If I'm wrong on any of this feel free to correct me, but this is what I've always understood about connections/servers/lag.

Originally Posted by PO2345

Preciate the help Grimey!

Now all I gotta do is earn 48 stars in Mission mode. That $!%# will be hard as hell.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

PO

I will tell you right now, the last 4 missions on veteran difficulty will make you curse the day you ever bought the game. Dead serious.
laugh.gif
mad.gif

Just hopped in the game for the first time in a while. Game still broken. Sigh.
ohwell.gif

Just noticed I get the Nomad award every single time. That says a lot.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

ohwell.gif

30t6p3b.gif

your only hope is to move out of the philippines, pare.  maybe the usa.  malakas ng connection dito. 

Spoiler [+]
I butchered tagalog, didn't I? 
laugh.gif

Just ran a few games. I realized I have to want to play to do well, not play to pass time. Prestiged and it seems like my aim got worse
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

^^^ If I'm not mistaken, the quality of your connection depends on how far away/close you are to the host. The host of the room is usually the person with the best connection for the region you're playing in, or the first person to have joined with the best available connection. This is usually why the host has the advantage. Furthermore, if a majority of the players in the room are on the East coast, including the host, anyone from the West coast will lag, regardless of your connection, and vice versa, hence the reason you usually won't lag much if you join a game by yourself (without a party) and you have a half decent connection. Any time you join a game and you notice that you're playing with foreigners or just players from a different region (including the players in your party), you'll see lag. The further away you are, the more you'll notice it. ie.4 players on the West, 1 on the East, the player from the East will lag regardless of the connection he has.

My guess is they'd have a hard time fixing this in the immediate future because there are so many people playing all the time. If/when people get bored and stop playing as much, the connection will improve, same thing happened with MW2. However, as fewer and fewer people play, they begin to merge servers so you'll be playing in weird regions and lag will increase...

It's a double edged sword I guess.

If I'm wrong on any of this feel free to correct me, but this is what I've always understood about connections/servers/lag.
Sounds about right but that doesnt explain the fact why I will have 4 bars on MW2/BO running with NTKL, and most of yall live back east, and that includes me not hosting either.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Sounds about right but that doesnt explain the fact why I will have 4 bars on MW2/BO running with NTKL, and most of yall live back east, and that includes me not hosting either.
Crappy servers, can't handle that many players. I was just playing with thefreshestjrk, had 4 or 5 bars the entire time and then all of a sudden I was on 1 bar and everyone around me was teleporting. As far as I can tell nothing in the room changed either... I just turned it off because I literally couldn't do anything.

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Crappy servers, can't handle that many players. I was just playing with thefreshestjrk, had 4 or 5 bars the entire time and then all of a sudden I was on 1 bar and everyone around me was teleporting. As far as I can tell nothing in the room changed either... I just turned it off because I literally couldn't do anything.
Same thing happen to me last night, I tweeted this pic to @fourzerotwo yesterday,
351whkz.jpg

I took the pic a min and 15secs into the match, but actually 3 mins into the match 8 out of 12 dudes is STILL on yellow bars. I immediately quit the game. I wasn't hosting either because the game didnt host migrate after I left. This @*!$ is an epidemic.  

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

ohwell.gif

30t6p3b.gif

your only hope is to move out of the philippines, pare.  maybe the usa.  malakas ng connection dito. 

Spoiler [+]
I butchered tagalog, didn't I? 
laugh.gif

Your Tagalog is fine. Puwede na.
laugh.gif

Drop Zone is straight doodoo

Nothing but javelin fest.

That game mode is for the %#%%+$# who like to run around with javelin/rpgs like in MW2.

I need people to play with. I'm done with running with people who don't really care if we win or lose.
Also, I hope they do something about putting you in games that are about to end and or the team is getting their butt handed to them.

Back
Top Bottom