Mo Williams an All-Star???

With the dislocated shoulder injury to Jameer Nelson, Maurice Williams is likely to replace him in the All-Star game....

Nelson dislocates right shoulder
Comment Email Print
ESPN.com news services

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Magic guard Jameer Nelson left Monday night's 105-95 loss to the Dallas Mavericks in the third quarter after dislocating his right shoulder.
Nelson
Nelson

Nelson stole the ball from Mavericks center Erick Dampier, who fouled Nelson to the floor. Nelson got up clutching his right shoulder and headed to the locker room. He was scheduled to have an MRI on Tuesday.

Earlier Monday, it was announced that Nelson would participate in the skills challenge competition as part of the All-Star break contests. Nelson was already heading to Phoenix after being added as an All-Star reserve to the East roster, joining teammates Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

damon20jones1ai2.gif

Although it could very well end up being Ray Allen, but unlikely.

I think Coach Brown gets to pick the replacement.

2-2-2 for the top 3 teams in the east seems fair.

the all star game should be filled with flashy players that will entertain us. I'd like to see what rafer alston would do but the system won't let himmake it

So you just took a thread that's clearly on the first page and re-worded it in favor of Mo Williams...

Mo is playing great; he's some of the things that the Cavs need. But individually, Ray is playing at an actual All-Star level, and I don't thinkMo's there.

Originally Posted by bonafide125

the all star game should be filled with flashy players that will entertain us. I'd like to see what rafer alston would do but the system won't let him make it

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
"The system"
He'd be one of the worst All-Stars ever.
27000 posts, I would have thought you'd have more credibility dude.
tired.gif

Ever heard of Wally Szczerbiak? Theo Ratliff? Brad Miller? Anthony Mason? Jamaal Magloire? Dale Davis?
laugh.gif

Mo Williams is deserving.

17.5 and 4.5 per game on a 37-9 team not to mention the intangibles.

He's about as deserving as Jameer.

Can we claim Mo Williams an all-star next to his name in the record books or something so his @@% aint all sad, but have someone else like Ray Allen play thegame? Mo Williams at the all-star game is boring as hell.

The only reason why Mo is being considered is because the Cavs have an outstanding record and there's only one player representing them.

The way I see it, Lebron is the only one on another All-Star-worthy level, and Mo is just one of the many pieces that surround him so well.

His numbers are great and I won't be mad to see him there... but Ray is more deserving, imo.

Ever heard of Wally Szczerbiak? Theo Ratliff? Brad Miller? Anthony Mason? Jamaal Magloire? Dale Davis?
And years later, Mo Williams' name might be on this list.

Off the top of my head, Miller's and Szczerbiak's All-Star seasons were better than Mo Williams'. I'm willing to bet most of the others'were, too.

If you're a non-Cavs/LeBron stan and you think Mo Williams is an All-Star, raise your hand. I'll wait.

If I cared enough, I could come up with a list of players in the East that put up 17 and 4 or better. Records mean nothing. "Intangibles?" What?

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

He'd be one of the worst All-Stars ever.
27000 posts, I would have thought you'd have more credibility dude.
tired.gif

He'd fit right in

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

I don't see how Ray Allen would be more exciting to watch in the ASG than Mo Williams.
did you not watch the ASG last year, Ray should have gotten the MVP, he was killin'

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

I don't see how Ray Allen would be more exciting to watch in the ASG than Mo Williams.
did you not watch the ASG last year, Ray should have gotten the MVP, he was killin'
Not gonna lie...I can't remember if I did or not.

Yeah he was making it rain last year, he was the reason the East won that. It was fan voting so of course it went to Bron, but Ray Allen really should havebeen last year's all star game MVP

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

And years later, Mo Williams' name might be on this list.

Off the top of my head, Miller's and Szczerbiak's All-Star seasons were better than Mo Williams'. I'm willing to bet most of the others' were, too.

If you're a non-Cavs/LeBron stan and you think Mo Williams is an All-Star, raise your hand. I'll wait.

If I cared enough, I could come up with a list of players in the East that put up 17 and 4 or better. Records mean nothing. "Intangibles?" What?

Since you don't watch the Cavaliers I'll help explain intangibles.

Things like the hockey assist, defense, timely/clutch shots (he has a LOT and that's why the Cavs are at a .804clip)

Don't live strictly off Sportscenter and statlines.

Back
Top Bottom