MLB Trade Deadline thread - Everybody to LAD; Contreras to COL; Kazmir to ANA; Wagner to BOS.

Neftali Feliz gets the call to the Show...
pimp.gif

How much more ridiculous does your request for two of Holland, Feliz and Smoak plus more look now, knowing Lee for Buchholz got denied, Osh?

Hallday for Joe Saunders and Erick Aybar in December.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Neftali Feliz gets the call to the Show...
pimp.gif
Finnally, is he coming out of the pen and his off speed stuff ready.
Will spend this year in the pen... Secondary stuff reportedly made a lot of strides this year... We'll see...

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

How much more ridiculous does your request for two of Holland, Feliz and Smoak plus more look now, knowing Lee for Buchholz got denied, Osh?

Hallday for Joe Saunders and Erick Aybar in December.
laugh.gif
Not my offer, I've said before I would have taken just Smaok but as I predicted the Blue Jays won't, his value to them financially ishigher then you guys would think.

Baker hears that the Red Sox gave the Mariners the chance to choose five of the following players in exchange for Felix Hernandez:
  • Clay Buchholz
  • Daniel Bard
  • Justin Masterson
  • Nick Hagadone
  • Michael Bowden
  • Felix Doubront
  • Josh Reddick
  • Yamaico Navarro
The Mariners apparently turned down the deal, at which point the Padres became involved in discussions about a possible three-way trade. The Mariners would have received Adrian Gonzalez, Buchholz and prospects in the deal. They would have sent Felix to the Red Sox and dealt Brandon Morrow, Phillippe Aumont and Carlos Triunfel to the Padres, who would have received prospects from the Red Sox as well. In the end, Baker says the Mariners nixed the deal.

eek.gif

Wow what were the Mariners thinking. Buckholtz, Masterson, and Bard would have been way too much for King Felix. Yet they would have still had their choice of2 more players. Glad that didnt go down. Felix is a beast but I dont know about all that.

From the Mariners thread:
Glad this didn't go through... something Bill Bavasi probably would have agreed to and gloated about...
eyes.gif
Buchholz, Bard, Masterson, Reddick and Hagadone...

Or Adrian Gonzalez, Buchholz, and other prospects...
indifferent.gif

M's are going to regret not pulling the trigger on either one of those deals. How the hell do you look at either one and with a straight face say "nothanks"?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

From the Mariners thread:
Glad this didn't go through... something Bill Bavasi probably would have agreed to and gloated about...
eyes.gif
Buchholz, Bard, Masterson, Reddick and Hagadone...

Or Adrian Gonzalez, Buchholz, and other prospects...
indifferent.gif

Just had to come in one more time to say that the M's are $+$#%!# ******ed if that trade was really on the table, and they didnt say yeswithin seconds. Gonzalez' bat with Buckholtz' pitching ability (I do still see him as a late rotation guy, but if he works out his one bad inningsyndrome he will be a problem) and some other young prospects they would easily be contenders in the weak division that is the AL West. No hate im just sayingthere isnt much comp out there except for the Angels and the Rangers when their pitching shows up.

Didn't know where to put this (and it's not a trade), but there are rumblings that Melvin Mora might be DFA....he had a BIG blow up over the weekend,and it seems like his days w. the O's are winding down...might be a sub-par 3b on the market very soon...

I love the notion that the AL West is some pushover crap division...

The Angels and Rangers have 2 of the 5 best records in baseball, and they've been two of the hottest teams in baseball out of the ASB gate... The Rangershave the best record in baseball against teams with records over .500... The Angels are 38-18 since June 1, damn near a .700 clip...

Ok the Angels are a good team. I was not doubting that. And I knew you would come in to defend the Rangers. But outside of your division the Rangers are only 3games over 500. If you didnt have a heavy schedule or the Mariners and the A's you are barely a 500 team. But thats an argument for another day because imsure you could throw more stats at me. But the fact of the matter is the Angels run away with the division every year because the division isnt very strongoutside of playing the teams in the West.

Im not saying you arent a decent team because once you get the pitching in order (if you got Halladay you would been an instant contender for that division)you will be fine. But right now the West may be the weakest division in the AL.

Originally Posted by Proshares

What happened over the weekend?
His PT has been cut down drastically...he had a rant about not getting "respect" etc....he said that he has the skills to produceagainst the Boston pitchers and what have you....what he failed to realize that he's a old, diminished-skill having, not productive w/o his B12 (MiguelTejada, I see you), shell of his former self.....dude is atrocious...if that list of 100+ roid users becomes public, I'd guarantee that MelMo would be onthere....

anyways....supposedly Brian Matsuz is pitching this week for the Birds...I think Tillman is going tonight
pimp.gif

O's are going thru some tough times, but the future is VERY bright....no matter how much they get shelled from here till the end of the season, they willbe a fun group to watch...

But outside of your division the Rangers are only 3 games over 500. If you didnt have a heavy schedule or the Mariners and the A's you are barely a .500 team.
Best record in baseball against teams above .500 ...

You're going to look at that and say the Rangers aren't a good team?

7-2 against the Angels
5-1 against Boston
3-0 against Tampa Bay

Their inability to win in Detroit, which goes back several years, and their struggles against the Royals, Orioles, and A's (is 5-3 really struggles?) aretheir problem... Not pitching. Not legitimate quality teams. Beating bad teams, for whatever reason, is dragging that record down... It ain't likethey're beating up on bad teams and can't beat good ones...

The fact you're harping on the pitching and run prevention tells me all I need to know though... Not the problem this year at all. Far from it, in fact...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

anyways....supposedly Brian Matsuz is pitching this week for the Birds...I think Tillman is going tonight
pimp.gif

O's are going thru some tough times, but the future is VERY bright....no matter how much they get shelled from here till the end of the season, they will be a fun group to watch...
Matsuz and Tillman are some great prospects. O's have a good amount of decent pitching prospects. Surprised me a little bit (about as muchas I was surprised at the Rangers farm).

Just to keep this up-to-date:
Tyler Kepner of the New York Times is reporting on Twitter that the Yankees have acquired RHP Chad Gaudin from the Padres for a player to be named later.
The Twins deepened their rotation today, acquiring Carl Pavano from the Indians for a player to be named later, according to a team press release.
The Rays acquired catcher Gregg Zaun from the Orioles for a player to be named later or cash considerations, according to a team press release.

Back
Top Bottom