MLB State of the Union; What Does Your Team Need?

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

The current A's report as I see it is as follows (a semi-realistic best case scenario):

-Furcal signs to a 4 year deal (bye bye Bobby)

-Nick Johnson or Jason Giambi signs for cheap (bye bye Barton)

-We package Crosby (I hear SOMEONE wants him) and someone out of Cust (Likely)/Barton(Maybe)/Chavez (Reach) for a decent #2 guy

-We sign or deal for an ace/# 2. Our rotation is lacking right now and won't be dominant for a couple more years (Gio, B. Anderson, Cahill, De Los Santos, Inoa?). We could use a Derek Lowe (Definite Possibility) or even a Burnett (highly unlikely).

The lineup would look something like:

Suzuki C
Sweeney RF
Furcal SS
Holliday LF
Giambi DH
Nick Johnson/Chris Carter (Prospect,not likely) 1B
Ellis 2B (As much as I would like Cardenas or even J. Weeks there.)
Chavez/Hannahan (after chavee gets hurt) 3B (
tired.gif
)
R. Davis CF (BREAKOUT!)

Have to love that Oak-Town optimism
laugh.gif
If you mean to say ship out Cust for someone else, you might be the first person I've heard say that besides myself. I don't think Cust is worth holding onto anymore, he's an extremely average DH and horrible fielder.
Cust is anything but average he hit 20 home runs in that cavern of stadium despite having a down year.100+ walks and .370 OBP. Dude will be willbounce back once he has some protection in the line up.

DBACKS:

2nd baseman

Figure how the heck we are going to position our players- Sit Byrnes and play Conor Jackson in LF? who takes first? Chad Tracy?

Get some arms in the bullpen: solid starting rotation - need a legit closer, and a solid lefty

and probably a second baseman

oh and lets do all this with about 10 million in free agent cash

St. Louis Cardinals

- New Owner
- New GM
- Protection for Pujols
- A new Bullpen
- Someone to end Izzy's career

laugh.gif
Pujols doesn't even need "protection."

how 'bout just get that man some help?

FB, you see y'all getting Khalil Greene? it's in the off-season post.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

laugh.gif
Pujols doesn't even need "protection."

how 'bout just get that man some help?

FB, you see y'all getting Khalil Greene? it's in the off-season post.
Word, with all the chaos going on with the Plax situation & it being rivalry week here in Los Angeles; I havent been keeping up with the dayto day transactions. Khalil Greene is going to be a Redbird?
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Twins - Someone who can play third and someone who can hit 30+ HRs or just a third baseman that can hit 30+ HRs.

Back
Top Bottom