**MLB Feet - 2010 Baseball Cleats/Gloves/Etc.**

new nike bats, the last white one is a bbcor
10647017_w.jpg

10646017_w.jpg

10646112_w.jpg

20634110_w.jpg

^for those that need to use bbcor this year like myself, don't even bother messing with anything but the rawlings bat, after about 2 weeks of breaking it in, it has about 90% same pop as last years bats

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

^for those that need to use bbcor this year like myself, don't even bother messing with anything but the rawlings bat, after about 2 weeks of breaking it in, it has about 90% same pop as last years bats

I'm glad you said that, I just ordered the new 5150 two days ago. And even though it hasn't come yet, I bet I'll agree with you because of the quality of all rawlings products. you can't really go wrong with rawlings except for the looks of some of their products, the quality will always be excellent though

anyone use any under armour batting gloves for this past year? i had some 2 seasons ago and not the cheap ones they were their nicest ($40) ones and by the end of the season i had a huge tear in one and the other was starting to rip...they tore on the inside part of the palm and some in the tips of the fingers..this didnt happen to my other nike griffey batting gloves that i have so i was wondering if anyone els had the same thing happen

Originally Posted by brewcrew17

anyone use any under armour batting gloves for this past year? i had some 2 seasons ago and not the cheap ones they were their nicest ($40) ones and by the end of the season i had a huge tear in one and the other was starting to rip...they tore on the inside part of the palm and some in the tips of the fingers..this didnt happen to my other nike griffey batting gloves that i have so i was wondering if anyone els had the same thing happen
i remember having under armour a few years back and had the same problem and that was after one season. the year after, i played my high school season, high school summer ball season, and babe ruth league baseball in a nike pair and there was only a slight hole in one of the gloves. nike is the way to go

Originally Posted by sfandy

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

I'm glad you said that, I just ordered the new 5150 two days ago. And even though it hasn't come yet, I bet I'll agree with you because of the quality of all rawlings products. you can't really go wrong with rawlings except for the looks of some of their products, the quality will always be excellent though
you'll love it bro, it sounded terrible and felt weird until it broke in, so you'll have to be patient. i've heard that the bbcor rating is only for bats when they're brand new so once they break in its a different story, that definitely seems to be the case with this bat 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cubsfan3709

i remember having under armour a few years back and had the same problem and that was after one season. the year after, i played my high school season, high school summer ball season, and babe ruth league baseball in a nike pair and there was only a slight hole in one of the gloves. nike is the way to go

If 1 pair of batting gloves has lasted 1 full season or close those sound good to me.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by flaco425

Originally Posted by cubsfan3709

If 1 pair of batting gloves has lasted 1 full season or close those sound good to me.
eyes.gif
Depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for style, then they typically won't last that long, but if you're looking for a solid pair that will last a long time and still look decent, 1 season isn't very long at all.
A little heads up to you guys, I ordered a pair of the team Jordan batting gloves about two months ago and used them in a cage for about 3-4 hours total and they were so thin I stopped using them in practice and went out and bought a $10 pair of durable Franklins to use for BP so I could save my Jordans for the whole season without risking them ripping. I thought for some $60 gloves they'd last a while, but I guess not (luckily I got a huge discount and only paid $40, which is still pretty expensive). The good thing is though that they feel AMAZING when you use them. The grip is excellent and leather feels great (not to mention they're jordans so they look
pimp.gif
). Just wish they'd last longer...

I don't get why people buy Jordan bg's just get some Franklin Classic Pro's, Carbon Fibre II's, Neo Classics or Tectonics and those will last you more than 1 season guaranteed.
Great quality and not as expensive as Nikes and alot of MLB-ers use 'em, heck they're the official batting gloves of MLB.

^thats all i use anymore, the classics and carbon fibre's are by far the best quality gloves on the market. i can see how the simple design doesn't appeal to everybody, but unlike other gloves, these are actually worth their price tag

this year i plan on getting the franklin classics but if they dont work out the rawlings workhouse batting gloves are the best. they are the only batting gloves that ever lasted me a whole season for one team.

I also like the Easton SV12's and the VRS PRO III's, Matt Kemp etc wear the VRSIII/SV12 but with the palm of a Easton Stealth batting glove.
I scooped these 4 pairs up for 30 dollars, both have smooth soft cabretta palms.(VRSIII has padding though) Aint as durable but for a low price I like them.

Top to bottom: SV12, VRSIII, VRSIII, SV12
1245.jpg

2708731-1.jpg

Matt+Kemp+home+run+trot+after+a+two+run+homer.JPG

Kemp got a sick colorway, plus he has a nicer palm i.e a carbon fibre like/easotn stealth embossed cabretta palm..

brewcrew, do you happen to spit in your gloves? i used to do the same thing because it instantly improves the grip on your gloves, but i found out thats the cause of my gloves getting crusty and ultimately ripping like those under armour ones

I've found if I just throw my batting gloves in my bag after games and leave them in my car they get hard and dried out as well. I usually keep them in ziplock bags between games and don't leave them in my car (or any really hot place in the summer) and that usually prolongs the life of them for a full season.

Spitting on them definitely takes its toll. it dries them out. i keep mine in a separate zip lock bag too. someone also mentioned using different gloves for BP which is a good idea.

nike makes BP specific gloves that have a extra padding on the palm. or you can just grab a pair of franklins like someone else suggested. personally i keep 1 pair of neo classics that i use in BP and 2 others that i use for games. the neo classics also got cut down to 19.99 on eastbay so its a great time to grab some.

BTW what are the name of these running shoes again i used to love these a few years ago:

And does anybody know what this necklace is called? Maybe a bead and bar design or something, im looking for something simelar.(silver/gold is also good or stainless/titanium)

Originally Posted by 59FIFTY

BTW what are the name of these running shoes again i used to love these a few years ago:

And does anybody know what this necklace is called? Maybe a bead and bar design or something, im looking for something simelar.(silver/gold is also good or stainless/titanium)
correct me if im wrong but that looks like the air max moto running shoe

Originally Posted by sj thresher

%21CDWZemwBWk%7E%24%28KGrHqF,%21iME0Hdo,6VZBNOOo1QNR%21%7E%7E_12.JPG
I played softball against a guy in my league last year that was wearing these... I had my AGM 4's on that night. We had a quick convo about how we were both wearing the best/rarest cleats out of the whole complex.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by doogie24

Originally Posted by sj thresher

%21CDWZemwBWk%7E%24%28KGrHqF,%21iME0Hdo,6VZBNOOo1QNR%21%7E%7E_12.JPG
I played softball against a guy in my league last year that was wearing these... I had my AGM 4's on that night. We had a quick convo about how we were both wearing the best/rarest cleats out of the whole complex.
roll.gif
nicce..any pics of them??

Back
Top Bottom