**MLB Feet - 2010 Baseball Cleats/Gloves/Etc.**

Originally Posted by JLyles

Originally Posted by AFranklin9

Eastbay just put up 4 new Diamond Elite colors, they are all PE colorways, it's Teixeira, Rollins, Mauer, and Holliday

I just looked and didnt see them. Could you post some pics for everyone to see

They're talking about the Diamond Elite batting gloves, not the cleats (don't feel dumb, I checked the cleats too and didn't see em ahah).

Originally Posted by JLyles

Originally Posted by AFranklin9

Eastbay just put up 4 new Diamond Elite colors, they are all PE colorways, it's Teixeira, Rollins, Mauer, and Holliday

I just looked and didnt see them. Could you post some pics for everyone to see

They're talking about the Diamond Elite batting gloves, not the cleats (don't feel dumb, I checked the cleats too and didn't see em ahah).

Yeah sorry about that forgot to clarify. I wonder if the BG's have the little custom logos on them like the Matt Hollidays do in the pictures a few page back. If not, really only the Tex and Holliday ones are new colorways minus a different color swoosh. Eastbay has 20% off orders over $99 right now too so they're $32 if you get enough stuff right now.

^^^it's right after christmas though, and it seems like whenever eastbay puts up a 20% off discount, the next week they have a 25-30% discount (which they have every month or two, so I would just wait given baseball season isn't until a few months away).

Looks like the Swoosh is black on the Tex pair...if you pull up 2 screens and bring up a pair of the GR's looks the same so I think you're g2g.

havent had a pair of the diamond elite pro bg's but im assuming they run the same size as the other nike gloves like the diamond elite 4,5,6. true?

Originally Posted by nikesourceseller

Are these new or did I just miss them? They were on baseballsavings.com.(middle one is a hand guard)
Can you send me the link, i couldnt find it.

Are these new or did I just miss them? They were on baseballsavings.com.(middle one is a hand guard)

Can you send me the link cause i couldnt find it on  the website

There is discussion about it on page 97-98 but here is my review of the difference.

I've had pretty much same experience as pokeyneil30 I find them to be much more comfortable. Similar to wearing a pair of running shoes so they don't hurt my back and knees as much. I know a few years back people thought they might not work good for traction and worried about slipping/falling but I've never had any problems with them (maybe I just move too slow?). The MCS cleats are nothing like what you'd consider plastic spikes (softball ones) they are really hard plastic and I actually made somebody bleed on accident last year breaking up a double play with them on. A good amount of MLB players wear them daily so I wouldn't worry too much about that part (although others might have different experiences than I have) The real benefit of them in my opinion are just how comfortable they are compared to metal. If you are playing in high school or college and have long weekend tournaments etc..I would consider trying them out if you have any back or knee problems might do more good than you would expect. Or like pokeyneil30 said maybe for day to day practice and then metal during games could be another option.

Originally Posted by bobcats5353

send me the link cause i couldnt find it on  the website

http://www.baseballsavings.com/cust...sp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/7913/searchWords/nike+guard
http://www.baseballsavings.com/cust...sp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/7913/searchWords/nike+guardI ordered the elbow guard so I'll take pics and try to put up a little review of it at the end of the week. I didn't do a really good job of forming my evoshield one last year so it would always dig into my arm figured I'd try this one out to see what it was like...really want one of the Benik ones but $90 is too pricey for me. 

Robinson Cano 2010 Diamond Elite Fly (not mine unfortunately) Looks like it could be the mesh option that is on iD? I like the navy accents and little 24 by the toe box.

There is discussion about it on page 97-98 but here is my review of the difference.

I've had pretty much same experience as pokeyneil30 I find them to be much more comfortable. Similar to wearing a pair of running shoes so they don't hurt my back and knees as much. I know a few years back people thought they might not work good for traction and worried about slipping/falling but I've never had any problems with them (maybe I just move too slow?). The MCS cleats are nothing like what you'd consider plastic spikes (softball ones) they are really hard plastic and I actually made somebody bleed on accident last year breaking up a double play with them on. A good amount of MLB players wear them daily so I wouldn't worry too much about that part (although others might have different experiences than I have) The real benefit of them in my opinion are just how comfortable they are compared to metal. If you are playing in high school or college and have long weekend tournaments etc..I would consider trying them out if you have any back or knee problems might do more good than you would expect. Or like pokeyneil30 said maybe for day to day practice and then metal during games could be another option.
alright thanks:smile: oh another question..im 14 years and im going to be plaaying varsity as a freshman and im really excited im about 5"7' and i weigh 135 so im not the biggest guy, but to get to the question..what pants do you recommend that are not so baggy and not soo tight but lay over high top c;such as the Diamond Elite Flys as shown in the picture 

images

^^^Or try getting the mizuno prremier fit (it's unhemmed and isn't too baggy or too tight). the quality of the pants is really good and they last more than 2 seasons (as long as you don't grow out of them). I'm roughly your size and (i know it sounds dumb) I'm in between a youth XXXL and an adult S.

Originally Posted by ignaciomlb43

Thanks ive heard alot of good reviews on them what size do i get them?im 5"7

I agree with Diego I'm about 5'7 also and I like mine pretty baggy so I get a medium. So if you want a tighter fit but still to layover the cleats the I'd go with a small

Originally Posted by huarachelover3215

what about victory pants? i love them, never want to use anything else... but im 6'6" 190... so im not sure for a guy your size.

Yeah I've heard the Clemson cut pants are excellent (but a little pricey....)

Back
Top Bottom