**MLB Feet - 2010 Baseball Cleats/Gloves/Etc.**

Very disappointed in NikeID again this year... No royal blue, only that dull pro blue.  Unbelievable, after all that time waiting, hoping they would give a few more color options...
tired.gif

looks like I'm going GR this year...

Anyone know if they offer more colors inside of a actual Nike store where you can ID a pair?  I have one not to far from where I am at....

The batting gloves are certainly disappointing...but the all white MCS cleats are FIRE. Plus they have cool gray as a color option so that was another big plus that I've seen so far. Win some lose some I suppose.
Another disappointing feature is all of the ID stuff (name and number is on the back heel and most wear longer pants that will cover it all up now) Plus an extra $5 for the batting gloves, while the options are very limited, at least they put a reasonable added price to them to go with it. Anyone has some cool designs post em up and lets see em! I already ordered my 2 pairs of cleats and BG's hopefully get them in fairly soon it says up to 5 weeks so doesn't seem like a very long turnaround. 

That's another dislike...why is it $35 more this year for Nike Air and Shox when it was only $20 last year? Anyway, have my home ones picked out and ordered already but still deciding between the bottom two for away ones.

Found the nike pro gold catchers gear in intermediate and youth sizes, the adult stuff is way to large so i'm glad nike came out with smaller gear. But having a touch time deciding between that and the All-Star 7 system gear. Anyone have a preference or review of either stuff?

i don't know about the new 7 system gear but I've had the old all star gear and just got the nike pro gold gear. I prefer the nike because it has a better fit and is a little more snug and lighter.

Originally Posted by JackAttack22

Can you only get the BGs if you buy the cleats? if so what a !%*#%%% rip..
It appears that's the only way you can get them. They only have like 5 different color combo's as well and really just to get your number on them it's pretty disappointing. I ordered a pair just because I'm getting the cleats and I would end up getting the GR BG's either way but not much option. They didn't even have the white/red ones that I wanted I had to get white/navy.

im looking to get some new cleats for my upcoming high school season. our uniforms are a black top for home games and a grey top for away games with grey pants. any suggestions for the id's? im looking for a pair that has the white bottoms im just not sure what to put on the upper

Originally Posted by cubsfan3709

im looking to get some new cleats for my upcoming high school season. our uniforms are a black top for home games and a grey top for away games with grey pants. any suggestions for the id's? im looking for a pair that has the white bottoms im just not sure what to put on the upper
If you wait about a week as people customize them you'll find a bunch of options on nike iD that you can look at and sort them by color. Usually a good starting place if you aren't sure what you like best. If not, just spend an hour messing around with options or even go back through here and look at some of the PE's from last year you might see something you like that you can make just black/grey. Check Robinson Cano's road Diamond Elite Fly's from last year that might be a good place to start. 

What's your third color? Are you guys just black/grey/white or do you have a trim color?

/render.nike.com/is/image/?layer=0&src=ir">http://render.nike.com/is/image/?layer=0&src=ir{/catalog/v2/vgn/diaElite1012/v1-1810.vnt?obj=/s/g3/074-089&color=ffffff&show&obj=/s/g8/leap&color=ffffff&show&obj=/s/g14/smooth&show&obj=/s/g10/smooth&color=bcc6cc&show&obj=/s/g13/smooth&color=141414&show&obj=/s/g4/074-089&color=8f2831&show&obj=/s/g20/noglove&show&obj=/s/g7/leap&color=ffffff&show&obj=/s/g1/074-089&color=ffffff&show&obj=/s/g12/smooth&color=ffffff&show&obj=/s/g6/mesh&color=8f2831&show&obj=/s/g2/074-089&color=141414&show&obj=/s/g19/noglove&show&obj=/s/g11/smooth&color=ffffff&show&obj=/s/g15/smooth&color=8f2831&show&obj=/s/g9/smooth&color=ffffff&show&obj=/s/g5/074-089&show&obj=/s&req=object&fmt=png-alpha}&printRes=72&sharpen=1&wid=580)&pos=0,-65">

does anyone know about the different materials? I have the performance synthetic vs. diamond patent on the toe cap and base/base accent.

Is the performance synthetic whats ont he diamond fly elite trainers? and i guess the patent is whats on the original diamond fly elite cleats?

Hey man I just finished grad school exams tonight and I'm so excited not to have anything to do the next month that I messed around and made some color combo's with your criteria above to maybe help you get started. Don't think I've stopped messing around with on iD for a good 6 hours haha. Post whatever ones you decide you get, be cool to see what everyone ends up picking for those that purchase. Anyway, my personal favs are the ones that look like Cano's model from last year

Just a heads up I was checking my email confirmation on iD's and batting gloves and they didn't charge shipping (even though it says iD is excluded from free shipping) $189.90 for both of them.

does anyone know about the different materials? I have the performance synthetic vs. diamond patent on the toe cap and base/base accent.

Is the performance synthetic whats ont he diamond fly elite trainers? and i guess the patent is whats on the original diamond fly elite cleats?
The diamond patent is a shinier plastic (and I know it comes on the black and red ones with the white toe that came out about a month or two ago) and the performance synthetic is a fake leather (more durable than regular leather, but obviously won't look as nice) that's not as shiny. I prefer the diamond patent because I think it just looks really flashy (especially if you have a brighter color on the toe), which is the whole point of wearing the Diamond Elites. Both still look look great, but I think if you have a bright color on the toe cap (white, orange, red, etc, and even maybe grey) then go with the diamond patent and if you have a dull color color (black, the dark green or blue) then go with the performance synthetic.

Originally Posted by nikebaseball17

Im very disapointed in NikeID. The Pro Blue looks far too dark.
I've never understood why they even made that color. At first I thought it was just to have something between royal and navy blue so they only had to make one color, but now they have navy options available so why not royal? Every time I see somebody wearing pro blues with royal blue jerseys that first thing I notice is they don't match looks odd.

Originally Posted by sfandy

The diamond patent is a shinier plastic (and I know it comes on the black and red ones with the white toe that came out about a month or two ago) and the performance synthetic is a fake leather (more durable than regular leather, but obviously won't look as nice) that's not as shiny. I prefer the diamond patent because I think it just looks really flashy (especially if you have a brighter color on the toe), which is the whole point of wearing the Diamond Elites. Both still look look great, but I think if you have a bright color on the toe cap (white, orange, red, etc, and even maybe grey) then go with the diamond patent and if you have a dull color color (black, the dark green or blue) then go with the performance synthetic.
do you know anything about how it feels?

i only ask because i have the originally diamond elites and the toe cap was kind of uncomfortable where it creased and rubbed against my top of my toes. this was obviously something unique to the diamond elites because of leather. I have a bunch of different designs in my locker and if i go with a blue toe cap i would do the synthetic if i knew it was more comfortable than the leather (which i woudl use for yellow)

Originally Posted by nikesourceseller

Originally Posted by nikebaseball17

Im very disapointed in NikeID. The Pro Blue looks far too dark.
I've never understood why they even made that color. At first I thought it was just to have something between royal and navy blue so they only had to make one color, but now they have navy options available so why not royal? Every time I see somebody wearing pro blues with royal blue jerseys that first thing I notice is they don't match looks odd.

And lets be honest, theres more high schools out there wearing Royal blue uniforms than pro blue. I was batting and wearing the GR white/pro blue MVPs and me and the catcher were having a discussion that nike should have royal blue cause it doesnt match at all!

Here are my ideas for my high school team (colors are orange and white... with a little navy on our aways)
Home pair is inspired by my Home iDs from last year (as seen in my avatar)...
6dd26534d210bafdb1beef6e879709731c838a64.jpg

Aways are a work in progress... if you guys have any ideas i'd love to see them. (Our jerseys are orange tops with navy writing and grey pants)
6d426a5449126a78bceee36002fcc818351ea5a3.jpg%5Bimg%5Dput%20image%20url%20here
[/img]

Back
Top Bottom