**MLB Feet - 2009 Baseball Cleats**

Originally Posted by BP the owner

Originally Posted by nikesourceseller
link, or name of these please?
Adidas RK 1.1 TRX Low... looks like a Japan-only model though... hmm...
http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/baseman/06-03-g08840.html
baseman_06-03-g08840

CowboyChris ~ have you seen any cool Nike trainer-version of some cleats?
Japan has the best selection of sports gear...

Great glove and a GREAT price Chris!
pimp.gif

white is gonna get mad dirty on the infield, did they have the black ones, or red ones there?

tell you what, I will go to the shop tomorrow, take some pics for you all to drool over. the main thing i'm looking for are some asics cleats, anythingthat resembles what ichiro wears. I am heading to the Mecca of baseball stores in japan tomorrow as well, called Base Man. Gotta hit up the ATM first.

that glove is gonna get so dirty i know, but I have always wanted a white glove. as far as trainers go, velcro is very popular, instead of laces. i alreadyhave a pair that I got on ebay. will definitely take many pics tomorrow.

^ Dude take pics of all of Ichiro's gear! I'm sure you will...
laugh.gif

Do they still have stuff like this?
dsc0292qk4.jpg

Originally Posted by SinnerP

laugh.gif

dsc0292qk4.jpg
Did not see anything like that, but the shop I went to was pretty small. They didnt have too many Asics, and thats ALL I really want to get out ofthis trip. Got 2 days left, so I will scour wherever I can to get something like that.

Originally Posted by zachATTACK0803

9758c6a509badf81d20153d05a0f27fa-getty-92353685jw031_world_series_.jpg

new therma base coat

Not new, just the standard therma base fleece with the sleevs cut off.

Originally Posted by cowboychris88

laugh.gif

dsc0292qk4.jpg
Did not see anything like that, but the shop I went to was pretty small. They didnt have too many Asics, and thats ALL I really want to get out of this trip. Got 2 days left, so I will scour wherever I can to get something like that.
Cleats can be sourced from private sellers on Y!jp. Trainers are harder to find. Even more scarce is the Ichiro Onitsuka Tigersneaker....especially in a decent size.

BIG POST ALERT!!!!

so today, i went to the most amazing place, Base Man, if any of you ever go to Japan, this store is a must.
took about a hundred pictures, photobucket album base manstore

I found what I came here for, Asics Ichiro-like cleats. I know they are not exactly what he wears, but they are damn close. super light. they cost 21,000 yen,which is about $230, and the guy was so nice that he gave me a 20% discount, bringing it down to 16,700 yen, about $185. not sure why, but the Japanese are byfar the kindest and most polite people you will ever come across. I am actually going back tomorrow, because I totally forgot to check out the 2nd floor, I wasjust too overwhelmed by the 1st floor alone.

what i bought:

store highlights:

yo Chris nice cleats you scooped up!
and i hate to say it, but that first adidas glove pictured is a real dope color combo!
some more pics of the second floor when you go please?
nerd.gif

Well done Chris! Thanks for sharing the pics... glad to see that you found what you were looking for...

absolutely, the 2nd floor is supposed to be US imported stuff, so I wonder how much different it will be from what you can get in the states, maybe some eastonstuff.

Originally Posted by cowboychris88

laugh.gif

dsc0292qk4.jpg
Did not see anything like that, but the shop I went to was pretty small. They didnt have too many Asics, and thats ALL I really want to get out of this trip. Got 2 days left, so I will scour wherever I can to get something like that.

Originally Posted by zachATTACK0803

9758c6a509badf81d20153d05a0f27fa-getty-92353685jw031_world_series_.jpg

new therma base coat

Not new, just the standard therma base fleece with the sleevs cut off.
Yeah its the 2009 version of the therma base, just look at this yrs sleeves compared to last year. Last yrs model was the same material throughoutbut this yrs model look at the sleeves compared to the body of the chest two totally different patterns

My best guess of what CC is wearing under his jersey (something similar). $49.99 and it's available all over (pics from footlocker.com)

i didnt realize Japan had so much nice/different stuff. thanks for all the pics!

thinking about buying this, even though i'm still breaking in my Rawlings.

anyone heard of or have reviews of the Mizuno Warriga series?

Hey guys this might be a little off topic but I was searching the web for custom cleats and found a website that converts anyshoe into a baseball cleat. Yousend a pair of metal or molded cleats and the shoes that you want converted and $120 and they convert the shoes into cleats for you. I'm not sure if thisis new but I thought that I would share for those that might be interested. The name of the website is customcleats.com if anyone is interesed, and they alsohave pics of customers conversions. Its pretty cool you guys should check it out! Sorry I don't know how to post pics and links

Back
Top Bottom