Minor In Possession; Vol. College Shuffle, Help Him Beat the Case

Top Boy

formerly jay patt
So one of my brothers (no relation) just got an MIP on Thursday but he was suppose to be leaving to go to school in Texas next Friday.

Will he have to fly back for the court cases? Can he have a lawyer speak in his place? Can he take diversion in Texas?

MIP occurred in Nebraska.

EDIT: 19, first offense, half a bottle of Amersterdam, less than an ounce of Sour Diesel. Cop did not breathalyze.

Last edited:
I think he can have a lawyer speak on his case

I've never been caught doing anything illegal.. So I don't even know how that goes.

How can he go about getting one of those free ones?

Seems like getting a lawyer is what he'll have to do. Still not sure how to get one of the free ones, word to Miranda Rights.

Still not sure why he didn't just run... By now we all know cops pull up we peel out. Smh.

Don't get a free one unless you want dude to have his life ****** up...

Free one :lol:

get a dream team and take the case to trial. beat the case. 
on the real tell him to talk to his lawyer. no public defender.

Seems like getting a lawyer is what he'll have to do. Still not sure how to get one of the free ones, word to Miranda Rights.

Still not sure why he didn't just run... By now we all know cops pull up we peel out. Smh.

Drunk and high. Probably wouldn't have made it past 10 feet anyway.

We're all lower middle class...

No way on Earth dude can afford a lawyer on some OJ not guilty type steez.

He works at Target.
laugh.gif

Don't know about you, but regardless what state im in when I see/hear cops I have unlimited stamina and bullet time reaction.

I couldn't be a cop. Seriously I wouldn't have arrested that young man. Can't believe when I went to college it was for criminal justice an I thought at a time I woulda did that gig. Smfh. Wish your boy best of luck. What a waste of time.

Last edited:
I couldn't be a cop. Seriously I wouldn't have arrested that young man. Can't believe when I went to college it was for criminal justice an I thought at a time I woulda did that gig. Smfh. Wish your boy best of luck. What a waste of time.
That's what I was saying when I woke up for work the next morning and saw the text.

None of us have any prior charges, and every one of us in the circle is attending a four-year college.

We were only drinking and smoking because two of our other brothers left for ATL days prior, and he was suppose to be leaving this upcoming Friday. It was the last time we'd be almost all together for a year.

I already have a hate for cops, this just made it worse
mean.gif

That's what I was saying when I woke up for work the next morning and saw the text.

None of us have any prior charges, and every one of us in the circle is attending a four-year college.

We were only drinking and smoking because two of our other brothers left for ATL days prior, and he was suppose to be leaving this upcoming Friday. It was the last time we'd be almost all together for a year.

I already have a hate for cops, this just made it worse :smh:
By chance are u guys minorities?????
I do t understand why a cop wouldn't just let dude go on something like that especially if dude is on his way to college in a week or so. I mean I woulda scared dude made him sit in detox or something I wouldn't have made him come back and mess up his school stuff. Cops just don't give a **** sometimes

Don't know about you, but regardless what state im in when I see/hear cops I have unlimited stamina and bullet time reaction.
this
roll.gif

the times i have run the fastest is when i hear cops and im doing something illegal
Man
roll.gif

I've done everything from hiding in boxes (party shutdown cops came through with the flashlights, stuck in the basement
laugh.gif
), running and hiding in parks, cutting through backyards, laying in bushes.. Good memories. I'm starting to chill out now as I get older though.
Originally Posted by Jay Patt  

I already have a hate for cops, this just made it worse
mean.gif
By chance are u guys minorities?????
I do t understand why a cop wouldn't just let dude go on something like that especially if dude is on his way to college in a week or so. I mean I woulda scared dude made him sit in detox or something I wouldn't have made him come back and mess up his school stuff. Cops just don't give a **** sometimes
Yeah bruh we're all black. I was just thinking about that today, how when you're kids cops in to speak with you all the time and make em seem like good guys, but the older you get the more that lie becomes apparent.

You can get a lawyer for like a couple hunnit.

IIRC, no more financial aid if the charges stick though.

Tell him to contact lawyers from the city/county he was arrested in and ask them if he can get a free consultation.  If they agree to do a free one then they should be able to tell him if they can get the charges dropped or not.  From there he'll have to work out a payment plan with them...

When I got my minor consumption, all I had to do was pay the fine and take some sort of class. Luckily for me, they had just rolled out a new online program, so I didn't have to worry about reacheduling anything. After, I completed it, the charge was wiped off my record.

Back
Top Bottom