MINNESOTA TWINS Official 2010 Season Thread (94-67) >>> First round Sweep. What else.

If we get Oswalt I'll cop playoff tickets.

That 3 u named aint bad JPZx- not bad at all
pimp.gif

Oswalt seems like the prototypical Twins pitcher. Radke-esque in his quiet demeanor and how he handles himself.

I believe he's due 16 million just next season though. Stiff price to pay... worth it in my opinion though.

Astros and Phillies in talks for Oswalt
smh.gif

Very nice win today. Liriano pitched fantastic and has been our second consistent starter for a while now behind Carl Pavano.

Delmon Young continues to come up clutch
8c336d3919038cb35eafea494dd5b73bafd40646_r.gif

Four game series against Baltimore coming up. We lost a series against them at home in June... anything less than three wins will be a disappointment.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Time to put Mauer at the 2 hole and Delmon at 3.
That statement would have appeared like utter lunacy one season ago. It's the right move to do. Do it Gardy. 
People will harp on Mauer, but he's only part of the underlying issue. In fact, he was of no issue other than having a nontraditional first half until that bunt in the Cleveland series. He's dinged up. It's both physical and mental. 

Our rotation is getting there; Duensing will help. Hell, the only thing he can do is help. Slama will too. Oswalt's saying he'll willingly renegotiate money to get out of Houston. A stingy Pavano, a slowly steadying Liriano, a hungry to win and healthy Oswalt, a balancing act in Duensing, and maybe a Scott Baker resurgence and suddenly we're playing April Twins baseball again. Plenty of variables - half as many as last season. It's plausible. 

Touch 'em all Delmon!

He is quickly turning into a favorite of mine. Safe to say it's finally his breakout year?

Very safe.

I wouldn't be surprised if Scott Baker gave up a 2 or 3 run inning next time out though.

Delmon Young does +*#*%#! everything! Throws Tejada out trying to tag up from first!

We need Scott Baker to get through the 7th and maybe, possibly the 8th untouched. Then get Rauch in there to get a save and raise his confidence up. Rest of the bullpen gets a breather for the night.

Great win. That offensive outpour was needed... especially nice considering guys like Jason Repko, Alexi Casilla, Danny Valencia, etc. were in the lineup.

Baker pitched well, but his defense definitely helped him out. Two or three double plays to end innings.

Let's hope Slowey can get on track tomorrow. I know it's the Orioles, but a great start can go along way with the confidence of these pitchers.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Great win. That offensive outpour was needed... especially nice considering guys like Jason Repko, Alexi Casilla, Danny Valencia, etc. were in the lineup.

Baker pitched well, but his defense definitely helped him out. Two or three double plays to end innings.

Considering Valencia is an offensive upgrade of Punto, yeah. Seriously though, it's nice to get some runs on the board and early in the game. Also, splitting with Baltimore with a loss tomorrow should not be tolerated. Slowey's start tomorrow is huge and I hope he knows it. 

Magglio Ordonez out 6-8 weeks with a broken ankle. On top of the Joel Zumaya injury, that may just put the Detroit Tigers out of the running for the division. Mags was hitting .300 and had a high RBI total.

It looks like the Twins will pick up another game on Chicago if Oakland can hold on.

Detroit seems done for the time being. They might make a late push in September when/if they get healthy, but for now, it's not looking good for them.

its strange to see Mauer play like this. I was hoping he'd have another MVP type season

Another good win today. Offense was clicking, and Pavano was on once again.

Just something to do here... I posted Lavelle E. Neal's 9 Question's Facing Twins in Spring Training on Page 1, those questions were:

1. Can Hardy Settle Short?
2. Who Backs Up Mauer?
3. Span's Backup?
4. Brendan Harris/Nick Punto at 3rd?
5. Mauer and Morneau Get R&R in Spring Training?
6. What To Do With Crowded Bullpen?
7. Who's the No. 5 starter?
8. How Good Will Glovework Be In 2010?
9. When Will Mauer Sign Contract?

1. Hardy has pretty much been a constant at short despite the injuries. He's performed well, his defense has been good but his power numbers could be better.
2. Turns out to be Drew Butera basically. Butera has helped himself with his superb defense and just the sheer fact that Carl Pavano prefers him behind the plate.
3. Jason Repko, mostly.
4. Harris didn't work out obviously, Punto has been okay. There is still some buzz about us acquiring Ty Wigginton, so that position certainly isn't nailed down.
5. Mauer and Morneau sat a lot during Spring Training.
6. Bullpen has been good, where the hell is Condrey?
7. Turned out to be Francisco Liriano, although he's performed like a No. 2 starter.
8. Glovework has been great obviously. We are at the top of the league in fewest errors.
9. March 21st, 2010.

Was waiting for play considered "hot." We're not "hot" right now, we're aflame.

Glad to see Valencia put an end to the third base carousel. Relegation, thy name is Nick Punto. Actually he'll find his way in the order somehow. A bit of a non-sequiter, but I was driving with the game on the radio when I heard John Gordon say - in a casual manner - that "everybody in the Twins lineup has at least one hit tonight with the exception of Nick Punto." It made me laugh. Such an encapsulating statement about that him.

Was waiting for play considered "hot." We're not "hot" right now, we're aflame.

Glad to see Valencia put an end to the third base carousel. Relegation, thy name is Nick Punto. Actually he'll find his way in the order somehow. A bit of a non-sequiter, but I was driving with the game on the radio when I heard John Gordon say - in a casual manner - that "everybody in the Twins lineup has at least one hit tonight with the exception of Nick Punto." It made me laugh. Such an encapsulating statement about that him.

Get the sweep
pimp.gif

Delmon Young
sick.gif
  Dude went 3-5 with another jack again today
laugh.gif

Look at Delmon's last 12 games:

3-5, HR, 3 RBI
2-4, RBI
4-6, RBI
1-6. HR, RBI
4-4, HR, 3 RBI
1-3
2-4, 3 RBI
3-5, 3 RBI
0-4
3-5, RBI
2-5, HR, 3 RBI
2-3, RBI

Dude is now FOURTH in the entire MLB in RBIs on the year
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
  DELMON YOUNG man

Originally Posted by JPZx

Another good win today. Offense was clicking, and Pavano was on once again.

Just something to do here... I posted Lavelle E. Neal's 9 Question's Facing Twins in Spring Training on Page 1, those questions were:

1. Can Hardy Settle Short?
2. Who Backs Up Mauer?
3. Span's Backup?
4. Brendan Harris/Nick Punto at 3rd?
5. Mauer and Morneau Get R&R in Spring Training?
6. What To Do With Crowded Bullpen?
7. Who's the No. 5 starter?
8. How Good Will Glovework Be In 2010?
9. When Will Mauer Sign Contract?

1. Hardy has pretty much been a constant at short despite the injuries. He's performed well, his defense has been good but his power numbers could be better.
2. Turns out to be Drew Butera basically. Butera has helped himself with his superb defense and just the sheer fact that Carl Pavano prefers him behind the plate.
3. Jason Repko, mostly.
4. Harris didn't work out obviously, Punto has been okay. There is still some buzz about us acquiring Ty Wigginton, so that position certainly isn't nailed down.
5. Mauer and Morneau sat a lot during Spring Training.
6. Bullpen has been good, where the hell is Condrey?
7. Turned out to be Francisco Liriano, although he's performed like a No. 2 starter.
8. Glovework has been great obviously. We are at the top of the league in fewest errors.
9. March 21st, 2010.

...eh?

Check the stats. They've been at the top of the AL this season. You're getting warped into their past inconsistencies.

Originally Posted by bb4 86

its strange to see Mauer play like this. I was hoping he'd have another MVP type season

It is?  Pretty much right in line with his career stats.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

0-4

sick.gif

Come on Delmon.

Young's an MVP candidate. Yes, it's true. If he slows down he's still hitting .315 with 20+ bombs and 120+ RBI's at the end of September. That's - so far - a career year. 

Back
Top Bottom