MINNESOTA TWINS Official 2010 Season Thread (94-67) >>> First round Sweep. What else.

Kauffman has always been a favorite of mine. The Kauffman/Arrowhead combo is darn near my favorite. There's just something about those stadiums that I love.

7 different players already have hits for the Twins. Only two that don't sit at the top of the lineup
smh.gif

It's early though.

Alright Span, time to get out of that slump and come up big for us here.

Down by 2, bases loaded. Lets go.

Twins now 0-4 in series-sweep games
laugh.gif

From my recollection that is sorta the trend with this team the last few years. Right or wrong they've always admitted too, "we just want to win the series" which more or less means coasting and "get out of dodge" that last game if they won the first two.

Twins got their middle of the order off to very good starts

3 - Mauer - 1 HR, 12 RBI, 12 R, 7 2B, .382 BA, .450 OBP
4 - Morneau - 4 HR, 15 RBI, 17 R, 5 2B, .368 BA, .511 OBP
5 - Cuddyer - 3 HR, 17 RBI, 10 R, 4 2B, .325 BA, .360 OBP

Thing beyond that though is that O Hudson and Punto are the only other players on the entire team batting over .245
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Twins now 0-4 in series-sweep games
laugh.gif

From my recollection that is sorta the trend with this team the last few years. Right or wrong they've always admitted too, "we just want to win the series" which more or less means coasting and "get out of dodge" that last game if they won the first two.

Twins got their middle of the order off to very good starts

3 - Mauer - 1 HR, 12 RBI, 12 R, 7 2B, .382 BA, .450 OBP
4 - Morneau - 4 HR, 15 RBI, 17 R, 5 2B, .368 BA, .511 OBP
5 - Cuddyer - 3 HR, 17 RBI, 10 R, 4 2B, .325 BA, .360 OBP

Thing beyond that though is that O Hudson and Punto are the only other players on the entire team batting over .245
laugh.gif
I was just gazing at those numbers yesterday too, those 3 are why we are 13-6. Span, O-Dog and Kubel will come around, we'll be even scarier.
pimp.gif

^ Don't forget Young and Hardy.

Big series begins today. As big as a series can be in the month of April, that is.

Pitching Matchups...
Tuesday
Francisco Lirano (2-0, 1.29 ERA) vs. Justin Verlander (1-1, 6.95 ERA)
Wednesday
Scott Baker (2-2, 4.81 ERA) vs. Max Scherzer (1-1, 2.63 ERA)
Thursday
Carl Pavano (3-1, 4.24 ERA) vs. Dontrelle Willis (0-1, 5.00 ERA)

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Let's hope we can continue this trend.
I'm confident that the Twins will rsd. I was convinced by what the they did tonight that this is no streak, this is what we'll be seeing night in and night out from our club the next five months.

Minnesota was able to beat a very solid team, while leaving guys on second and third about FOUR times throughout the game, on the opponents own field, against a guy that arguably could have been the AL Cy Young last year.

This whole team up and down can mash. The middle of the Twins order (Mauer, Morneau and Cuddyer) were a combined 0-13 tonight. How many other teams in the majors can win while their three best players come up empty in every, single at-bat? Not many fellas.

14-6.

One more thing:

-Morneau was taken out of the game for I believe upper back issues. Nothing to get concerned about yet, but definitely keep an eye out for it.

Well, when you first posted that you said "So it's official right?" which was confusing. You didn't edit until later.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Well, when you first posted that you said "So it's official right?" which was confusing. You didn't edit until later.

laugh.gif
 Guilty! That was the effect I was going for, but it was taking too damn long for anyone to post so I just added it in.

Liriano has struck out 5 straight.
fbf36fb416ee89745435e76d4a9ab18127789e96.gif

Other than that first inning... he's been flawless this whole season just about.

Back to Back! Nice.
fbf36fb416ee89745435e76d4a9ab18127789e96.gif

Damn Hardy just almost knocked another one out
laugh.gif

4-2.

This Ramos character...This Twins lineup isn't missing a beat without Mauer's bat. Not saying it's gonna last for Ramos, but this can give Mauer some much needed rest without trying to rush him back.

Back
Top Bottom