Minnesota Timberwolves Off-Season Thread... Training Camp, to Mankato they go.

Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda
Just FYI: Love's 4 year deal is worth nearly $2M more than Pek's five-year deal, if you don't count Pek's added incentive clauses

I don't know what excitement is anymore as a Wolves fan.

I wouldn't even know how to handle any success they have.

Last edited:
I just want that feeling of looking forward to 7 game series again. 8th seed or 6th seed, I just want that optimism that maybe, just maybe they can pull it off.

The Wolves have not seen the playoffs since the 2003-04 Game 6 elimination game :x

It's been 8 seasons since the Wolves hit a .400 winning percentage.

Rick Adelman made the playoffs 16 of his first 18 seasons. He now has missed it 4 straight seasons.

Of the 11 pros on the 2012 USA gold medal basketball team, Kevin Love has the least amount of playoff experience with zero games played. The next lowest member on that team has 40.

It's time. It's time.

S.I.'s Chris Mannix Western Conference preseason power rankings:

1. Spurs
2. Thunder
3. Clippers
4. Rockets
5. Grizzlies
6. Warriors
7. Timberwolves
8. Nuggets
9. Hornets
10. Blazers
11. Mavericks
12. Lakers
13. Kings
14. Jazz
15. Suns

S.I.'s Chris Mannix Western Conference preseason power rankings:

1. Spurs
2. Thunder
3. Clippers
4. Rockets
5. Grizzlies
6. Warriors
7. Timberwolves
8. Nuggets
9. Hornets
10. Blazers
11. Mavericks
12. Lakers
13. Kings
14. Jazz
15. Suns

T-Wolves have arrived! :lol:

I see the T'Wolves finishing ahead of the Warriors. :nerd:

They added depth, but for some reason I think Klay is going to fall back.

It'll be close though.

Even though this "off-season" thread is a continuation off last year's season thread with a changed title, I'll make a new thread for the 2013-14 season.

If only for leaving the injuries of last season in the past. :smokin :nerd:

Corey Brewer staying with #13 and not changing back to his original #22 that he had here during his first go around. Good move. :lol:

Michael Rand of the Star Tribune said Brewer is our likely starting SF, not Budinger. Fine with me as of now... he'll compliment the rest of the starting lineup that is defensively challenged pretty well :lol: (outside of Rubio, who's underrated in that aspect).

Corey Brewer on KFAN 100.3 as we speak. Paul Allen just pointing out how Minnesota sports have failed over the years.... :lol:

Flip Saunders was just on WCCO with the senile Sid Hartman. Some quotes/things he said.

"Rubio, Martin, Love, Pekovic are penciled in as starters right now... the other spot is up for grabs between Corey Brewer, Derrick Williams, Shabazz, Dante Cunningham."

"Shabazz Muhammad has made about as much improvement as anyone could possibly make. Lost a lot of weight, we like where he's been. He's been a pleasant surprise."

"We're fortunate to be in a position where we don't have to play those rookies. If they develop nicely, then they will play. But our roster is good enough where they can learn first."

"Lorenzo Brown is a legit 6'5". It's all about where's he gonna be in a year or two, we'll see how he develops playing against Rubio, etc."

"Love's in great condition. Rubio is in phenomenal condition, as always."

"T'Wolves being a bad defensive team is a misnomer. They were 15th in the league. When you shoot as bad as we did last year from 3, our transition D was bound to be as bad as it was."

"Dieng a directionally-oriented player. When you give him directions and tell him what his role is, he can do whatever requested."

I'm excited.

Good news on Shabazz, but that means little to me at this point. He's doing what I feel every kid with this opportunity should, but I guess with him, any improvement in work ethic is a win.

I'm excited as well.

A lot of fun new talent this year. Trying not to get my hopes up, but it'll be cool to see how the chemistry develops

How confident are yall in Dwill playing the 3?
Honestly, not the most confident.

I really like DWill but unless he picked up some quickness this off-season, I don't see it turning out too well. I'm optimistic tho and it sounds like he shed a few lbs

What do you think?

Last edited:
Lateral quickness is my biggest question on defense. I think he is a small four with ok skill set. I know they want to throw him out there with Love and Pek. But also reading Mark Remme blog post on Wolves website they may try DC at the 3 with Love and Pek as well.

I think it comes down to match ups really with Dwill at the 3. I think Shabazz with Chase down :frown: will get more minutes at 3 then the 2. And wondering would Rick throw a "big second unit" of Shved-Shabaz-Dwill-DC-Turiaf out there sometime too.

Im good with Rubio/Kmart/Brewer/Love/Pek as the starting 5 but i think if Chase was healthy would Rick favor Chase's shooting over Brewer defense in crunch time situation.

^i like your assessment. It does hurt to have Chase down, but between Brewer, DC, and Shabazz (who seem to all offer something a little different) we should do alright at 3

Is a Shabazz a more natural 2 or 3? I'm not too familiar with his game

I think Shabazz is a more of a 3, but we drafted him to play the 2. He needs to improve his shooting. If he can, then a SG is a reality. He's 6'6"... great at going left. Not so much to his right.

I feel like Brewer would be playing more in crunch time situations, HOOD. He would be assigned to the other team's best offensive wing as a complement to the offensive-oriented players he'd be on the court with. I could see Budinger out there if they decided to sub in/sub out in the last couple minutes when we switch from defense to offense.

I'll make the season thread soon!

Last edited:
Yeah but I think he should be ready by opening night. Hopefully after this stretch of games Rick can find a good rotation. From reading the Tribune he's worried a bit about the offense but I think time will take care of that.

Love seeing Turiaf in a Wolves jersey :smokin

Back
Top Bottom