Minnesota HS being sued because they held an APPROVED W***** Day....vol. SMH

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by heatpinoyboy

eek.gif
Were they being real serious with this?? Like they were being sincere with this idea and not simply just making a mockery??
30t6p3b.gif
Sadly, there's a large group of people like that, shelterd, blind and nieve. Sometimes I can't tell if that's worse than actually being racist.

This, and it's not just white people
I understand what you guys mean...It's like I can't be mad at that them for not knowing but I really want to though
laugh.gif
Where I live nobody is really "sheltered" so something like this just comes off as a big
eek.gif

whats funny is that the majority of black people (outside of the really hood, trash areas) don't even rock that hood clothing anymore. Most black dudes I see in Cali these days have mohawks and skinny jeans

Originally Posted by sekim2detcidda

"imitation is the biggest form of flattery"

-Charles Caleb Colton

...I'm blk if that matters
Is that how you like to be represented though? 

during my senior year of HS, us seniors had several spirit days, such as twin day, silly hat day, etc.
we also had a day called ghetto fabulous day, and people dressed exactly how that article described...jerseys, fitteds, doorags, danas, baggy jeans, etc.
we also had preppy day.
i went to a nyc public high school, and participated in all spirit days....sue me
laugh.gif

Ok i can see a Ghetto fabulous day or something along those lines. But "W*****" day really?! C'mon son..

eek.gif
Were they being real serious with this?? Like they were being sincere with this idea and not simply just making a mockery??
30t6p3b.gif
How can you be sincere with this, really? Clearly it was a mockery.

Not "Hip-hop Day," though?

I don't care if this has reputable sources. Pics or it didn't happen.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
It's technically wrong either way. But I think he means did they not realize they would catch nationwaide flack for it, or did they just say "eff it, we goin' in, my wig."

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

How *$%+#$@ stupid can you be?  Students should be suspended, and ANY staff member who actually approved this should face a HARSH punishment...unreal
30t6p3b.gif

"W***** is a pejorative slang term for a white person who emulates the mannerisms, language and fashions associated with African-American culture," the complaint explains.

Shouldn't the complaint say " associated with a segment of African-American culture". The complaint makes it sound worse than it actually may appear to be.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

whats funny is that the majority of black people (outside of the really hood, trash areas) don't even rock that hood clothing anymore. Most black dudes I see in Cali these days have mohawks and skinny jeans

See above... Lawsuit complaints can be quite radical in nature..  This is just another example.

This is halirous to me(Black Male). I love these sort of things not because of the fun of it all but how it shows how low terrible certain parts of African American Culture is that people do it for fun. It looks bad when blacks do it and it looks worse when other do it. Still more issues to correct for black people

We had an ethnic day my senior year in high school.
This is more common then what yall think, its just worded different.. 

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
It's technically wrong either way. But I think he means did they not realize they would catch nationwaide flack for it, or did they just say "eff it, we goin' in, my wig."

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by flores

after reading other comments i have come to realize this now.
I went to all black schools my entire life so i really didnt know this went down.

Agreed.

We do this every year in my school. We've had people get mad over it but the school still does it.

People are just making a big deal about it.

This.
At my high school on May 5th, people(black,white etc) would be dressed as stereotypical mexicans.
They would wear pointy boots, big belt buckles, ponchos, salsa hats, and fake mustaches.
Some even dressed as the border patrol.
30t6p3b.gif

Surprisingly, nothing popped off.

I mean - this was my entire high school class. All of the wealthy suburban Jewish kids acted like this. Silly that it was "approved," but kids do this all the time.

Originally Posted by JD214

Agreed.

We do this every year in my school. We've had people get mad over it but the school still does it.

People are just making a big deal about it.

Texas, huh? 
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom