Milk Carton: Where in the world is Dave Chappelle?

He did hint that the higher ups of the entertainment industry wanted him 2 "sell out" by dumbing down his act and comprimising his work. He is blessed 2 have survived.

He did hint that the higher ups of the entertainment industry wanted him 2 "sell out" by dumbing down his act and comprimising his work. He is blessed 2 have survived.

Originally Posted by William Rivera 3

This is what I don't get. Why the need for him to dumb it down and sell out when he was on pace to being the biggest entertainer in Hollywood? Some of these execs just know how to ruin a good thing.

This is what I don't get. Why the need for him to dumb it down and sell out when he was on pace to being the biggest entertainer in Hollywood? Some of these execs just know how to ruin a good thing.

I think it was more about selling his soul for that 50 million and how they held it over his head like they owned him. I remember a comment on how he'd be on set and couldn't tell if people were laughing with him or at him.  I don't blame him for leaving.

I think it was more about selling his soul for that 50 million and how they held it over his head like they owned him. I remember a comment on how he'd be on set and couldn't tell if people were laughing with him or at him.  I don't blame him for leaving.

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

This, is why he left.

This, is why he left.

This was back in February in Oakland:

dave-chappelle-1.jpg

dave-chappelle-2.jpg

Dave is one of the few celebrities that I would really like to meet and talk to. Dude is too real.

Dave is one of the few celebrities that I would really like to meet and talk to. Dude is too real.

I've also heard he's just been making unannounced stops at random comedy clubs to just do a few minutes of material. It would be awesome to go to a comedy show expecting to see some small up and coming comedians and then Dave Chappelle comes out 
pimp.gif
.  I'd feel bad for the other comedians if he came out BEFORE them, though. Dave seems like a too good of guy to ruin the show for smaller comedians like that.

I've also heard he's just been making unannounced stops at random comedy clubs to just do a few minutes of material. It would be awesome to go to a comedy show expecting to see some small up and coming comedians and then Dave Chappelle comes out 
pimp.gif
.  I'd feel bad for the other comedians if he came out BEFORE them, though. Dave seems like a too good of guy to ruin the show for smaller comedians like that.

I saw him in February in Oakland. Dude is $55 a show, but it's well worth it esp. if you go to the late show. Dude is definitely gonna be on stage for 4-6 hours. And I appreciate his genius more b/c it seems like he doesn't have more than 15-20 minutes worth of written material, but he can make so much out of talking to the audience.

Back
Top Bottom