Mike D'Antoni fired

No wasn't referring to anyone

And Well,

To me if that's the criteria....Pat Riley and Pop are the only guys up on him since he coached a full year...cause they have the rings.

Right? Results speak for themselves...and defense or no defense his results are a whole better than most.

He accomplished quite a bit in Phoenix..ring or not.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

And no; Amare, Nash, and Marion don't have what it takes to win a title... because they didn't win a title. If they had what it takes, then they would have a title. They don't. So... they don't have what it takes, apparently.

that's the most redundant sentence ever!
laugh.gif

I didn't knock the Shaquisition (as one NTer put it) when it happened. I actually wanted him to do well with the Suns and if they won a ring with him, Iwould have been glad. But that has more to do with me wanting to see one of my favorite childhood players go out with a bang rather than actually believing itwould happen. But would that Suns team beat the Spurs with Marion? No.

Blame Shaq for everything.

- The 1st round exit this season.
-Suns going from the # 1 seed to the # 6 seed after the Shaq trade.
- And now getting Mike D'Antoni fired.
- Next up.Suns not being able to sign any good free agents because they are over the salary cap with Shaq huge $20 a year contract for the next 2 season.

So word is that he is going to take the Toronto job once they are out the playoffs. If that happens they will have officially did Sam dirty.

Originally Posted by chikickz

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

D'Antoni to Toronto.

Book it.

Gotta oust Sam Mitchell first, but if that does happen it's pretty much a lock that D'Antoni would accept the Raptor gig.
If D'Antoni becomes Raptor coach (wouldnt happen), I would denounce Raptorism.

Thats right. Denounce Raptorism.

laugh.gif
on a serious note though, Bryan Collangelo had a press conference yesterday, explaining the offseason moves he wants to make, and his primary concerns forteam needs. He said, under no circumstances, that Sam Mitchell will be released of duties (worst news I ever heard). With that, he also said Jose Calderon wasthe number one option this offseason to lock up long term.

Edit:

Originally Posted by The Lowa

So word is that he is going to take the Toronto job once they are out the playoffs. If that happens they will have officially did Sam dirty.

Would not surprise me at all.Esepcialy considering that the President & GM of the Raptors is Brian Colangelo who was working for the Suns managment before up until last season.It was all the Colangelo family who hired Mike D'Antoni before Robert Sarver bought the Suns a couple years ago.

Ok, so I thought that these rumors werent true...

I could care less about doing Sam Dirty. But if D'Antoni comes to Toronto, I will become a Grizzlies fan. No lie. As god as my witness, I will quit.

laugh.gif

Seriously, I dont understand how he could coach in the league for this long. He doesnt know what defense is. why would he get a head coaching gig if Defensewins championships?

Originally Posted by The Lowa

Would not surprise me at all.Esepcialy considering that the President & GM of the Raptors is Brian Colangelo who was working for the Suns managmentbefore up until last season.It was all the Colangelo family who hired Mike D'Antoni before Robert Sarver bought the Suns a couple years ago.

Colangelo said he has NO INTENTION to make a head coaching change
frown.gif

!+%$ i wish he brough D'antoni over here

The funny thing is that Phx couldn't beat the Spurs before or after Shaq...dude should not get all the blame.

Sometimes a coach can only take a team so far, which is probably the case with D'Antoni.

I do not doubt his coaching ability, however, i just dont think he look legit. he look like a girl volleyball coach t me,

Seriously, I dont understand how he could coach in the league for this long. He doesnt know what defense is. why would he get a head coaching gig if Defense wins championships?

Because his teams win large in the regular season, are on the fringe in the playoffs, and only 1 team wins the chip. NBA teams recycle the sameguys (hello Skiles, Carlisle, LB, etc) and Mike D has basically as much a track record of any current coach right now other than Pop and Phil.
laugh.gif
Even though he just lost ugly he'll likely pick from several gigs I'msure.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Seriously, I dont understand how he could coach in the league for this long. He doesnt know what defense is. why would he get a head coaching gig if Defense wins championships?
Because his teams win large in the regular season, are on the fringe in the playoffs, and only 1 team wins the chip. NBA teams recycle the same guys (hello Skiles, Carlisle, LB, etc) and Mike D has basically as much a track record of any current coach right now other than Pop and Phil.
laugh.gif
Even though he just lost ugly he'll likely pick from several gigs I'm sure.
But I just dont understand. How can he get a coaching gig, do well, and not actually teach D. Like, does he just think he can out-smart the system. Iknow he will get another coaching job somewhere, which is god awful pathetic, but I just ask if he actually thinks his team can win without playing D.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

He's had Nash, Marion, and Amare for 4 full seasons, and used to have Q-Rich and Joe Johnson. And he accomplished a ton of nothing.

Fixed.

(I'd happily take him as an assistant for the Warriors though...
laugh.gif
)

But I just dont understand. How can he get a coaching gig, do well, and not actually teach D. Like, does he just think he can out-smart the system. I know he will get another coaching job somewhere, which is god awful pathetic, but I just ask if he actually thinks his team can win without playing D.
But coaches play to their personel. Look at Pat Riley....he had the run and gun Lake Show in the 80's and then had the defensive-minded Heatteams of the 90's. Mike D wasnt going to have great defense with a PG who struggles as well as no defense from the bigs. Now does he take a lot of theblame? OF course. He had a hand in the guys they brought in.

But I hardly think it's "pathetic" of him getting another opportunity, especially in cities who would be STARVING for one playoff win. (Note DonNelson going to GSW a couple years ago). He's going to get another shot and it's up to him to, a) find the right personel for a title run, b) find astaff that can help him out, and c) adjust his coaching methods.

Coaches who win in the regular season are always up for jobs. Look at Flip Saunders not being able to do jack in the playoffs for a decade yet Detroit wasfalling overthemselves to hire him on a championship-ready team. They thought if they give him the right team he could do it.

The Shaq trade was made so the could specifically beat the Spurs... so yes they were expected to win!

and that last game was horrid from a coaching standpoint. Spurs go the the hack-a-shaq and dude's not hitting any free throws.... what did he miss 12? Comeon they only lost by 5... When SA went to the hack-a-shaq D'Antoni left him in. Yeah, Shaq should make his free throws "when they count" butD'Antoni should have known better.
smh.gif
@ that whole organization in the last5 minutes of the last game.

Back
Top Bottom