Michael Jackson 1958-2009..................... Memorial Set for July 7th at Staples Center

frown.gif

forgot about this song/video.

Originally Posted by copped

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by copped

if only we were this passionate about important things like health care..poverty...aids...our education...

if every time we heard that a teenager was shot and killed over drugs...and there was a 110 + page thread on the internet within 24 hrs...

we would be living in a different world...
how many foundations have you started for Health Care, poverty, AIDS, and education?

the man whose life we are celebrating actually DID something about those issues, and didn't just whine on the internet like a pissy little bicth...
reading is fundamental...I SAID WE...as in us...not micheal jackson..im sure he had many initiatives for everything i mentioned...i mentioned WE...read before you talk...

i think its entirely appropriate what i said...its a good reflection on american culture..where the importance of some things out weigh others...

once again i said if WE were as passionate about other things in this society as we are about one man dying... we would be in a different world...

now sit down kid.

QFT dude. not to discredit the mourning of Jacko but i been sayin things like this for a long time.

This is soo devastating. When I was still a toddler my fam told me I used to wrap toilet paper around my hand to use as a glove and I would dance around thehouse.
I was one of the few people I knew that never grew out of the Michael Jackson phase, I was never afraid to admit that I loved the dude (no mo).
As a little kid, if I wasnt watching T2 or any of the Back to the Future movies I'd watch Moonwalker or the HBO Special Mike had in Bucharest that my dadrecorded back in 92
RIP to my hero, he's the reason I approach, hear, and appreciate music the way I do. True inspiration. True artist. My dude probably Moonwalking in theclouds right now.

I was also really excited for the Comback Tour also, it was also said that London wasn't going to be it. He was coming here to the states. The tour wasmeant for Mikes final performances in London and the US, my Dad heard that Michael's management already had the Staples center booked for the future. Welive in LA so my pops didnt listen in on where else he was supposed to go though.

iTunes top 10 albums (right now)

1. The Essential Michael Jackson
2. Thriller
3. Off the Wall
4. Number Ones
6. Thriller --- 25th Anniv.
10. Michael Jackson --- The Ultimate Collection

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Originally Posted by ErickM713

I barely noticed alot of Houston rappers sampled him....Trae sample The Lady In My Life in Swang
pimp.gif
The sample for PYT in Kanye's the Good Life is
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

you cant be serious right now
lol I'm not saying I just discovered it...i'm just saying the sample is crazy good...I've heard that song millions of times(honestly..millions of times...) and I never imagined chopping it up the way 'Ye did...but anywho, plenty of artists have sampled MJ and the Jackson 5man...Dilla did a nice one with the Jackson 5's All I do is Think of You
pimp.gif

Edit:: everytime I do hear Good Life I still get that
eek.gif
feelin...maan...

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

As if...not only did he misconstrue what I stated, but he polarized it (negatively) simply because my post wasn't the standard-- OMG MJ you're great, you will be missed, RIP--crap...word to "your reply is nonsense"...I was serious when I said "Not to be the mean-callous-and-austere-fellow..." but you still took me as such and interpreted my post as such.

Furthermore, it's good to know that he donated to all those charities--a lil fact I already knew about, but thank you for affirming it nonetheless--but surely, you don't mean to imply that in doing so, he lived a life that was "humble" in the least bit...surely that is not what you're trying to suggest. Because it is a well known fact that Michael Jackson indulged in the luxuries of life.

Even so, I merely brought that up to highlight the fact that, this is a man who LIVED a life only a few can dream off, and a life even fewer can experience. So why lament for a man who LIVED this good of a life, as though death robbed him of some "great--yet--to--be--experienced--privilege".

Of course, the most appropriate reason for lamenting for him is, as you put it, rhetorically: "Just because death is apart of life, does that mean humans are not allowed to mourn the death of another...", which is a completely valid point.

But noticing that this would most likely be the "answer" to why "we" should mourn MJ, I thought it would only be fair to bring in the "millions of people [that] die everyday after "living" lives that can be appropriately described as "meaningless" relative to that lived by MJ..."...how come we don't mourn their deaths? Why isn't general forum filled with 100+ page threads for all these people who are dying from starvation, murder, diseases...? I mean, you stated yourself that as humans, we're allowed to mourn the deaths of others so how come right now, we're mourning MJ dying of heart failure (possibly caused from an OD on prescription pills) and yet, we don't mourn the deaths of those who lacked so much relative to the luxury of MJ.

I'll tell you why...
the world will only acknowledge certain deaths because we, knowingly or unknowingly, rank/value certain lives above others. I guess they lied when they said we were all created equal huh...

This is the point I was trying to make which completely flew over your head. My previous post was NOT a shot a MJ. It was rather, a shot at "us"...for percieving other lives to be more valuable than others. All the evidence you need is in this thread.

No Gifs here...I've said what I needed to say as lucidly as possible.

Wow. Are you serious fam?

but surely, you don't mean to imply that in doing so, he lived a life that was "humble" in the least bit...surely that is not what you're trying to suggest. Because it is a well known fact that Michael Jackson indulged in the luxuries of life.

who said that? no one. what I said was that for someone to be talking about how much Michael Jackson DIDN'T do, he surely did MORE than you could EVERhave done or would probably do. His humanitarian efforts are known worldwide. If you don't know, a quick Google search can inform you (what I didearlier.)

Even so, I merely brought that up to highlight the fact that, this is a man who LIVED a life only a few can dream off, and a life even fewer can experience. So why lament for a man who LIVED this good of a life, as though death robbed him of some "great--yet--to--be--experienced--privilege".

who is doing that? this thread is simply to mourn the death of a man who touched the lives of MANY. That much simply cannot be refuted.

But noticing that this would most likely be the "answer" to why "we" should mourn MJ, I thought it would only be fair to bring in the "millions of people [that] die everyday after "living" lives that can be appropriately described as "meaningless" relative to that lived by MJ..."...how come we don't mourn their deaths? Why isn't general forum filled with 100+ page threads for all these people who are dying from starvation, murder, diseases...? I mean, you stated yourself that as humans, we're allowed to mourn the deaths of others so how come right now, we're mourning MJ dying of heart failure (possibly caused from an OD on prescription pills) and yet, we don't mourn the deaths of those who lacked so much relative to the luxury of MJ.

I'll tell you why...
the world will only acknowledge certain deaths because we, knowingly or unknowingly, rank/value certain lives above others. I guess they lied when they said we were all created equal huh...

This is the point I was trying to make which completely flew over your head. My previous post was NOT a shot a MJ. It was rather, a shot at "us"...for percieving other lives to be more valuable than others. All the evidence you need is in this thread.

I'm sorry sir, how often do you check the Niketalk General forum? Because to make such a statement, surely you're not here often.

Many times folks that frequent the General forum make threads regarding their parents or grandparents or other family members. I've seen plenty of suchthreads and anyone who frequents Niketalk General forum has likely seen plenty of such threads.

My mother died in 1997, someone who is much closer to me than Michael Jackson will ever be, but to say that my motherhas had more of a impact on the ENTIRE WORLD than what Michael Jackson has had would be ABSURD and an insult to anyone who frequents this board.

Many on this board know Michael Jackson and have been influenced by his works but hardly anyone has been influenced by the works of my mother or any of themillions of people who die every year by whatever. To bring them up in a thread that has nothing to do with them and has all to do with Michael Jackson is,not necessary and slightly disrespectful.

If you want to start a thread "100,000 people died today" then you are certainly welcome. I will even reply to it. But in the words of Mekhi Phiferin "Paid in Full" "_s get shot everyday b" as you so eloquently tried to explain it.

aw damn, almost forgot about this. I remember watching the old VHS tape of this very performance, envious of the people who were there watching it live.Wish I was there. R.I.P. to the greatest to ever do it on stage. That's right!

When I heard this, I was playin 2k9 in my mans crib. My mans mother came home and screamed out Michael Is in the hospital in a coma and had cardic arrest...Ikept sayin to everyone he gonna be good, I couldnt even function no more, my hands kept shakin and gettin sweaty, A brotha like me couldnt think man... Rightnow 4:41AM im still watchin CNN on MJ....This is like Bernie Mac...I CANT SEE THESE PEOPLE DEAD.

50 years, 5 decades and he is gone. Chill I'm only 20 and im gettin shook wit my life and how long im gonna be on this earth.

This is proven God can take anyone from us with a blink of a eye.

NOBODY can LIE, this caught E V E R Y B O D Y off guard, IM EFFIN BUGGIN OUT IN MY ROOM.

I can remeber when I was young as hell listening to his CDs early 90s.

But even making me more sad, he was always deeply lonely...which makes me mad because so many people love him.

This makes me make more goals in my life.

I thought Diana funeral was crazy....MJ IS GONNA BE THE BIGGEST FUNERAL OF ALL TIME...EVERYBODYYYYYY IS GONNA BE THERE

I swear which I doubt, if the Funeral is on the east side, I'm gonna do everything in my power to be there or even be in the crowd, I'll camp out 3weeks str8 for MJ, the man made brothas dream yo...

Just speakin whats on my mind. RIP MJ I already know you somewhere better than this misreable earth.

This has to be THE fastest growing thread in the history of NT.

One of the local radio stations here in Vancouver held MJ down for 6 straight hours, nothing but the king
pimp.gif

my brother sent me this on youtube.

"I remember watching this when I was a kid"�

What talent. In the 60's 70's, often live music peformance are lip synced.�This is lil Mikes actual live vocals. Crazy!
eek.gif

how many pages was the L.A. car chase one
that one grew the most amount in the least time i think
like 100 pages in 4 hours

and
pimp.gif
at MJ having the top 4 selling albums on itunes right now

^ Effin amazing great man, he went through so much to make people happy and he wasnt happy and lonely... %$#* I feel like crap. I cant wait for the autopsy toget to the bottom of this, Its the medication he was taking I know it man.

I saw this thread earlier, just didn't come in b/c I've honestly been kinda stuck ever since CNN confirmed that Michael passed....

...I'm only 22, and pretty much all of his most popular solo work came before I was born, but Michael is one of those artists where you can't help butto go back in time and find his music.
Michael Jackson is one of those people that makes me very envious of my parents for being able to witness him in his prime. I really wish I could've beenaround in the time between Off The Wall and Bad. It just makes me wonder... how the hell could somebody be so talented?

This is the first time in my life that I've been upset over a celebrity's death. Even through the legal troubles and appearance changes, I alwayspreferred to think of Jackson as the ultimate musical genius first. I'm still pretty shook up.... he's Michael Jackson, he isn't EVER supposed todie.

I really feel bad for his kids. I was 8 when my dad died, so I know those kids are really going through some emotional trauma right now.

R.I.P. Michael.... the absolute greatest.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

my brother sent me this on youtube.

"I remember watching this when I was a kid"�

What talent. In the 60's 70's, often live music peformance are lip synced.�This is lil Mikes actual live vocals. Crazy!
eek.gif
One of my favorite MJ (Jackson 5) joints ever
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
frown.gif

Dammit, the best way he lives on is through his music...

Check out the moves!!!!!!!! Imagine seeing that live or on tv for the very first time. �
eek.gif

��

Originally Posted by Mister916

Even though i followed this from the start i still can't believe.
frown.gif

Same here, can't seem to believe it every since I woke up and heard the news that he was sent to hospital. It's crazy because just the day before, Iwas talking to a friend about Mike and the next day he passes.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom