Michael Beasley: "I think we [the Timberwolves] are the team to beat"

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

i see someone is still drinking and smoking heavy

roll.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by TheRav4

How David Kahn Kevin McHale destroyed that team.
They both are awful, but Kevin McHale was far worse.

McHale shelled out some awful, horrible, ugly, and disgusting contracts to some awful, horrible, ugly and disgusting players.

At the very least, Kahn got the Timberwolves under the cap.

I agree with the cap management Kahn has done... but I have been patient with guy for awhile and this whole drafting and signing point guard fiasco is getting outrageous. I will probably change my view 180 degrees if Rubio suits up in a Minnesota uniform... but what are the odds of that? Having Babcock in that front office doesn't help either.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by TheRav4

How David Kahn Kevin McHale destroyed that team.
They both are awful, but Kevin McHale was far worse.

McHale shelled out some awful, horrible, ugly, and disgusting contracts to some awful, horrible, ugly and disgusting players.

At the very least, Kahn got the Timberwolves under the cap.

I agree with the cap management Kahn has done... but I have been patient with guy for awhile and this whole drafting and signing point guard fiasco is getting outrageous. I will probably change my view 180 degrees if Rubio suits up in a Minnesota uniform... but what are the odds of that? Having Babcock in that front office doesn't help either.

You know, that's just me and my ego speaking.

what ego is he talking about? does he really have any self-esteem left? must feel good to get traded for a couple future 2nd round picks.

You know, that's just me and my ego speaking.

what ego is he talking about? does he really have any self-esteem left? must feel good to get traded for a couple future 2nd round picks.

Michael Beasley: Honestly, and I know a lot of people are not going to like that fact that I'm going to say this but

this is like his career catchphrase.

Michael Beasley: Honestly, and I know a lot of people are not going to like that fact that I'm going to say this but

this is like his career catchphrase.

laugh.gif
Nice.

Oh and
laugh.gif
at Kahn "destroying" this team. I hear what you are thinking.....but we know there would have to have been a team for him to destroy it.

Kahn's an NBA GM. Dang near 80% of them we cannot figure out, and 80% of them are as smart as their lottery position they are given. As a Wolves follower I havent agreed with a bunch of stuff Kahn as done so far BUT I also do not let the national media dictate what I think so in that sense, I:

a) still remind myself Kahn laid out his plan from the first day he got here and to his credit he so far has done what he said. He also has admitted time and time again (including in his most recent letter to season ticket holders) that the team will not make that real next step until they find a star player - something you have to luck out on as much as anything. They don't have one but are trying to change that any way possible.

b) fully expect Rubio to be here next season and have never had much doubt about that from the get-go.

c) realize the NBA is a have and have-not league and the Wolves are one of the bottom teams right now and a small move here and there isn't going to change much. Still a work in progress. The whole front office knows they aren't close to touching the top teams in the West anyway.

With that said yes it is time for this team to show fans a reason to come to the gates or care even a little bit. The team has stashed some Euros, stashed some extra picks, and stashed some cap space. Those are positives. Now go find that star (crosses fingers), go get Rubio in here, and Kahn will look a whole hell of a lot smarter to people.

laugh.gif
Nice.

Oh and
laugh.gif
at Kahn "destroying" this team. I hear what you are thinking.....but we know there would have to have been a team for him to destroy it.

Kahn's an NBA GM. Dang near 80% of them we cannot figure out, and 80% of them are as smart as their lottery position they are given. As a Wolves follower I havent agreed with a bunch of stuff Kahn as done so far BUT I also do not let the national media dictate what I think so in that sense, I:

a) still remind myself Kahn laid out his plan from the first day he got here and to his credit he so far has done what he said. He also has admitted time and time again (including in his most recent letter to season ticket holders) that the team will not make that real next step until they find a star player - something you have to luck out on as much as anything. They don't have one but are trying to change that any way possible.

b) fully expect Rubio to be here next season and have never had much doubt about that from the get-go.

c) realize the NBA is a have and have-not league and the Wolves are one of the bottom teams right now and a small move here and there isn't going to change much. Still a work in progress. The whole front office knows they aren't close to touching the top teams in the West anyway.

With that said yes it is time for this team to show fans a reason to come to the gates or care even a little bit. The team has stashed some Euros, stashed some extra picks, and stashed some cap space. Those are positives. Now go find that star (crosses fingers), go get Rubio in here, and Kahn will look a whole hell of a lot smarter to people.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

As a Wolves follower I havent agreed with a bunch of stuff Kahn as done so far BUT I also do not let the national media dictate what I think so in that sense, I:

Wishful thinking.
laugh.gif

Rubio wasn't having none of that on draft day. He wanted to test the waters and once he heard it was Minnesota it was over for him. I don't even really see him wearing the uniform of any small-market team, especially ones in colder areas. Kahn will have to negotiate a trade, and it sucks for the Wolves because I don't think they're that committed to Flynn.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

As a Wolves follower I havent agreed with a bunch of stuff Kahn as done so far BUT I also do not let the national media dictate what I think so in that sense, I:

Wishful thinking.
laugh.gif

Rubio wasn't having none of that on draft day. He wanted to test the waters and once he heard it was Minnesota it was over for him. I don't even really see him wearing the uniform of any small-market team, especially ones in colder areas. Kahn will have to negotiate a trade, and it sucks for the Wolves because I don't think they're that committed to Flynn.

^ Well.....

I completely understand how people think Rubio will "refuse" to play in Minnesota or any other smaller market. Why wouldn't people think that? It's fashionable. It's easy for ESPN to hype it and people to fall in line.

But I would be willing to bet Rubio hasn't spent more than one week in America in his life. You think he has any clue what any cities are like? You think he has any clue how teams will look in 2-3 years from now? You think any player wants to go to the cold?

The Wolves own his rights, want him to be here, and know he cannot enter the NBA unless he plays for them. Perhaps Rubio's handlers don't want him in MN....but they also know he wants to be in the NBA and they also know plenty of stars have started out on crappy mid market teams regardless if they have wanted to. This is the NBA and not every player gets to head to NY or LA when they enter the league. This is also a league where Kevin Durant can go to OK City of all places and still be a major star. As I said before...the water's warm. You want to come to the NBA and play against the best every night? Come on over. Prove yourself and here is your team. They are revamping their roster to compliment your game as we speak and no one cares about any PGs they drafted before.

As I said.... I fully expect him to be here. If he's not then well that's sports and anything can happen. Hell I've followed the Wolves my whole life you gotta expect the worse. But I don't expect it here, not yet at least.

^ Well.....

I completely understand how people think Rubio will "refuse" to play in Minnesota or any other smaller market. Why wouldn't people think that? It's fashionable. It's easy for ESPN to hype it and people to fall in line.

But I would be willing to bet Rubio hasn't spent more than one week in America in his life. You think he has any clue what any cities are like? You think he has any clue how teams will look in 2-3 years from now? You think any player wants to go to the cold?

The Wolves own his rights, want him to be here, and know he cannot enter the NBA unless he plays for them. Perhaps Rubio's handlers don't want him in MN....but they also know he wants to be in the NBA and they also know plenty of stars have started out on crappy mid market teams regardless if they have wanted to. This is the NBA and not every player gets to head to NY or LA when they enter the league. This is also a league where Kevin Durant can go to OK City of all places and still be a major star. As I said before...the water's warm. You want to come to the NBA and play against the best every night? Come on over. Prove yourself and here is your team. They are revamping their roster to compliment your game as we speak and no one cares about any PGs they drafted before.

As I said.... I fully expect him to be here. If he's not then well that's sports and anything can happen. Hell I've followed the Wolves my whole life you gotta expect the worse. But I don't expect it here, not yet at least.

must be the good stuff
smokin.gif

why?
exhibit A:

I think the Lakers are the defending champs two years in a row, I think the Lakers still hold that title
he thinks?
laugh.gif
 this isnt an opinion it is a fact they are the defending champs

laugh.gif

hes not doing much thinking thanks for LULZ mike!

must be the good stuff
smokin.gif

why?
exhibit A:

I think the Lakers are the defending champs two years in a row, I think the Lakers still hold that title
he thinks?
laugh.gif
 this isnt an opinion it is a fact they are the defending champs

laugh.gif

hes not doing much thinking thanks for LULZ mike!

I saw the video of this interview on their FB page. I have no problem with what he said, that just show he wants to prove the fans and front office he's committed to winning and he is the #1 guy on this team. Him and Love playing together will be nice to watch this season.

Can't wait for the opener.

I saw the video of this interview on their FB page. I have no problem with what he said, that just show he wants to prove the fans and front office he's committed to winning and he is the #1 guy on this team. Him and Love playing together will be nice to watch this season.

Can't wait for the opener.

Back
Top Bottom