MGMT Appreciation - Congratulations - Spring of 2010 - 2010 Is Going To Be A Great Year

The last two tracks of the album are downright disgusting.

"All I need's a great big congratulations!"

sick.gif
pimp.gif

Edit: the entire album is streaming through the NPR website: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124857167

I'm very surprised I don't hate this
laugh.gif

Pretty good album. Will play it through a few more times before I come to a final conclusion but, so far, I find Flash Delirium and Siberian Breaks to be the most interesting.

Originally Posted by KingRamey

im trying so hard not to listen to this yet
ohwell.gif
I never understood the thought process behind this. So because you listen to it earlier than when it releases, it's going to somehow deter you from buying it? I mean, if it's trash, then you'll have saved money. If it's good then, awesome; you can now buy your music knowing full well that it's not going to be garbage.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

ohwell.gif
I never understood the thought process behind this. So because you listen to it earlier than when it releases, it's going to somehow deter you from buying it? I mean, if it's trash, then you'll have saved money. If it's good then, awesome; you can now buy your music knowing full well that it's not going to be garbage.

what you need to understand is that with some people, if they're paying money for an album, they wanna get the full listening experience of it and pop the album in their CD player and listen to all the songs for the first time. and some people just want to support their fav artists, so they hold out on listening to the leaks cuz there are people (like myself) who wouldn't buy an album if they already got it for free on their computer, cuz it seems kinda pointless. so they would rather just wait for the album to release.

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

ohwell.gif

what you need to understand is that with some people, if they're paying money for an album, they wanna get the full listening experience of it and pop the album in their CD player and listen to all the songs for the first time. and some people just want to support their fav artists, so they hold out on listening to the leaks cuz there are people (like myself) who wouldn't buy an album if they already got it for free on their computer, cuz it seems kinda pointless. so they would rather just wait for the album to release.
Ehh. Okay I can kind of see that but I still find it kind of strange. I download music and I also buy my music. The difference here might be that when I do decide to buy, I buy vinyl. I'm buying it for the cover art and the sound quality of the record. I buy it to collect, an archive of my favorite music. I just find it weird because the music is out there and it's available to you to listen. I don't see how it cheapens the "experience" of buying the music. This might just be me.

This. Album. Is. Amazing.

and if you disagree with me, then you don't like REAL music.

leave Kids and Electric Feel (excellent songs) for the radio and MTV shows.

Give me more of Flash Delirium and I Found a Whistle

and Congratulations? eghk! Possibly their best song ever.

I can't really understand what they're saying.

Need the songbook or something. Hopefully the lyrics are in the album booklet.

It sounds good though.

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

ohwell.gif

this and this whole post for that matter

Originally Posted by M1dnightMobster

1. I hate comments like this.
2. It doesn't touch Time to Pretend

Either way this album gets more incredible each listen. I really hope they improved their live show come April. I am officially excited
pimp.gif

Bought this on tuesday but i just finished it. I have to say this is definitely not for everyone or the people that think this is gonna be another Oracular. Complete U-Turn. With that said, on my first listen it was okay but i think i KNOW it will grow on me. Brian Eno and Siberian Breaks
pimp.gif

Yeah, this album is a grower. Siberian Breaks is an incredible track. I'm not sure if I'm going to pick up the whole album (it's $25 for the vinyl record
sick.gif
) but I'm going to hopefully try to get my hands on the Siberian Breaks single for Record Store Day.

Yeah this was a grower. I'm really happy I downloaded it when it leaked, it gave me time to listen and finally enjoy it for what it was before I bought it today. The best thing about this album, is that it doesnt fall off in quality during the 2nd half like so many people criticized Oracular for doing
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by M1dnightMobster

1. I hate comments like this.
2. It doesn't touch Time to Pretend

Either way this album gets more incredible each listen. I really hope they improved their live show come April. I am officially excited
pimp.gif

one opinion vs another

Back
Top Bottom