METAL GEAR SOLID APPRECIATION VOL. SNAAAAAKKKEEEE!!!!

One of my favorite video game series of all-time. I can't think of any other series that has action, drama and originality all mixed into one.

List of favorite Metal gear games...

1. Metal Gear Solid

This game was definitely ahead of it's time. The storyline alone would've been enough to captivate you.

metal-gear-solid-1-ps1-boxart.jpg

2. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

IMO this was the most important game within the entire series. SO much was revealed in respect to the culmination of the series. The game gave substance to the series as well.

300px-Metal_Gear_Solid_3_Cover.jpg

3. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

The be all, end all. It was tough for me to put this game as #3, but I just couldn't find a way to put this game ahead of Snake Eater. Although, the graphics are far superior to any other Metal Gear game, that just wasn't enough to find a higher ranking. This game was more of a movie than a video game itself. I think the one thing that we'll remember most about this game is the boss fights. I can't remember the last time I was emotionally invested in boss fights
laugh.gif

mgs.jpg

4. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Just because Sons of Liberty is last on my list,  it doesn't mean it was a bad game. I think this game is a hit or miss for most people. It's a love it or hate it kind of game. Sure, most people hated the fact that you played mostly with Raiden and not our hero--Snake. But we can agree that without Sons of Liberty, the story would've been tough to progress. Although, I think the series could've done without Solidus (dude came out of left field
laugh.gif
)

metalgearsolid2-konami.jpg

One of my favorite video game series of all-time. I can't think of any other series that has action, drama and originality all mixed into one.

List of favorite Metal gear games...

1. Metal Gear Solid

This game was definitely ahead of it's time. The storyline alone would've been enough to captivate you.

metal-gear-solid-1-ps1-boxart.jpg

2. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

IMO this was the most important game within the entire series. SO much was revealed in respect to the culmination of the series. The game gave substance to the series as well.

300px-Metal_Gear_Solid_3_Cover.jpg

3. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

The be all, end all. It was tough for me to put this game as #3, but I just couldn't find a way to put this game ahead of Snake Eater. Although, the graphics are far superior to any other Metal Gear game, that just wasn't enough to find a higher ranking. This game was more of a movie than a video game itself. I think the one thing that we'll remember most about this game is the boss fights. I can't remember the last time I was emotionally invested in boss fights
laugh.gif

mgs.jpg

4. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Just because Sons of Liberty is last on my list,  it doesn't mean it was a bad game. I think this game is a hit or miss for most people. It's a love it or hate it kind of game. Sure, most people hated the fact that you played mostly with Raiden and not our hero--Snake. But we can agree that without Sons of Liberty, the story would've been tough to progress. Although, I think the series could've done without Solidus (dude came out of left field
laugh.gif
)

metalgearsolid2-konami.jpg

Personally:

1. MGS
2. MGS4
3. MGS3
4. MGS2

MGS4 was just
eek.gif
visually, wish it would've came out when I was in College when I had more time to kill.  Sometimes I would start playing an hour or so before bedtime and the cut scenes would keep me awake past the time I planned on going to sleep
30t6p3b.gif
.  Messed up my sleep patterns
laugh.gif

MGS 3 is only at 3 because I didn't get to finish it *sigh*.  I was at the boss battle with "The End" and stopped playing due to my studies at the time.  When I wanted to continue, someone pulled a jack move on my PS2 control
30t6p3b.gif
.  I still have a copy of the game, lost the memory card though, and I don't have a PS2 anymore.

MGS2 was good, but it's the game I remember the least.  I know I passed it, just don't remember much of it.

MGS1 = GOAT personally...way ahead of it's time.  Got me hooked on the series. 

For me 1) MGS series 2) GoW series 3) CoD series (*In terms of story modes, CoD got lazy w/story mode
30t6p3b.gif
)

Personally:

1. MGS
2. MGS4
3. MGS3
4. MGS2

MGS4 was just
eek.gif
visually, wish it would've came out when I was in College when I had more time to kill.  Sometimes I would start playing an hour or so before bedtime and the cut scenes would keep me awake past the time I planned on going to sleep
30t6p3b.gif
.  Messed up my sleep patterns
laugh.gif

MGS 3 is only at 3 because I didn't get to finish it *sigh*.  I was at the boss battle with "The End" and stopped playing due to my studies at the time.  When I wanted to continue, someone pulled a jack move on my PS2 control
30t6p3b.gif
.  I still have a copy of the game, lost the memory card though, and I don't have a PS2 anymore.

MGS2 was good, but it's the game I remember the least.  I know I passed it, just don't remember much of it.

MGS1 = GOAT personally...way ahead of it's time.  Got me hooked on the series. 

For me 1) MGS series 2) GoW series 3) CoD series (*In terms of story modes, CoD got lazy w/story mode
30t6p3b.gif
)

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

MSG4 is the best single player game that I've ever played.

This. In the reality the whole series is a classic. The box trick is originality as is finest
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

MSG4 is the best single player game that I've ever played.

This. In the reality the whole series is a classic. The box trick is originality as is finest
pimp.gif

MGS was definitely a game changer.

I need to get an emulator or something and play it again. Anyone with info can you hit me on the PM?

MGS was definitely a game changer.

I need to get an emulator or something and play it again. Anyone with info can you hit me on the PM?

Back
Top Bottom