MEMENTO Discussion Thread Vol. I didnt like it, flame me.

Really tried to like Memento, but I thought it was really boring. I watched it sober, high and even forwards (I know,
indifferent.gif
at me, but I was still trying to get into it), but nothing.

Really tried to like Memento, but I thought it was really boring. I watched it sober, high and even forwards (I know,
indifferent.gif
at me, but I was still trying to get into it), but nothing.

Originally Posted by bns1201

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

But like the Prestige, you're able to find out the ending before the end.

Spoiler [+]
i can understand the whole clone thing, but did you really figure out that bale had a twin???
lol exactly, theres no way you could've known Bale had a twin.... or maybe you did....but I as a staunch movie/story buff....was suprised dog.

there were slight clues you can look back on and say, "oh yeah" but that was after you knew....
"do you love me?,....not today"

Originally Posted by bns1201

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

But like the Prestige, you're able to find out the ending before the end.

Spoiler [+]
i can understand the whole clone thing, but did you really figure out that bale had a twin???
lol exactly, theres no way you could've known Bale had a twin.... or maybe you did....but I as a staunch movie/story buff....was suprised dog.

there were slight clues you can look back on and say, "oh yeah" but that was after you knew....
"do you love me?,....not today"

Memento is great in that it makes you question everything. As a matter of fact, that's why Inception was great as well.

We don't know the real truth of Lenny's life. Did he really kill his wife? You don't know because memory is unreliable and you can't completely trust the cop (forgot his name). Also, does he really have a condition or is he just crazy? Is he a serial killer that somehow materialized this whole scenario and thus, he is able to make any clue lead to anyone as his wife's so called murderer. Are people using him, or is he ultimately using them for his game?

There are so many questions which may be frustrating, but also make the movie/story so amazing since Nolan is asking you to question your own mind. I honestly didn't do the movie any justice with what I just typed, but I hope you get the idea. Look into it more, watch the movie again, you'll probably appreciate it more after a couple of views.

Memento is great in that it makes you question everything. As a matter of fact, that's why Inception was great as well.

We don't know the real truth of Lenny's life. Did he really kill his wife? You don't know because memory is unreliable and you can't completely trust the cop (forgot his name). Also, does he really have a condition or is he just crazy? Is he a serial killer that somehow materialized this whole scenario and thus, he is able to make any clue lead to anyone as his wife's so called murderer. Are people using him, or is he ultimately using them for his game?

There are so many questions which may be frustrating, but also make the movie/story so amazing since Nolan is asking you to question your own mind. I honestly didn't do the movie any justice with what I just typed, but I hope you get the idea. Look into it more, watch the movie again, you'll probably appreciate it more after a couple of views.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Ok im all for movies that make you think and keep you at the edge of your seat trying to figure out whats going on, but im not about movies with stupid open endings....I rented this movie after the whole INCEPTION/Nolan hype to see what it was about since i had not seen it, well I was hooked through the whole movie, trying to piece the puzzle together, it was entertaining till it got to the end and I realized what i was fearing, I already saw the ending....at the *%%%* begining of the movie!!....now ive seen lots of movies do this, start off at the end IE: INCEPTION, however they dont literally start off with the last frame of the ****** movie, somehow someway after 2+ hours of viewing you get the actual ending....well thats not the case with MEMENTO, the whole movie literally plays backwards, and at the end im left with these conclusiuons...
-dudes wife was raped and he was knocked on the head causing him to lose his short-term memory.

-dude then kills his wife by mistake when she tests him

-dude then builds this whole %*++#*@! story to make himself happy...

-cops dont wanna dig any further into the rape that started everything because the only witness to the rape has a memory problem.

-one cop does help him find the rapist and lets him kill him.

this is where i get a bit lost and im not sure if im right

-this cop after this uses the protagonist (guy pearce) as his personal hitman, by always making Guy believe that they are after the guy that "killed" his wife?

-Guy Pearce then comes along a relevation and finds out that "teddy" has been using him and thats when he builds up another lie that eventually leads him to believe that he was they guy he's been looking for all along and eventually shoots him in the head...

I know all the Nolan fans are gonna assume im some idiot who doesnt like movies that get you to think and im an action junkie who wets his pants to Michael Bay....but that assumption would be wrong, we are all entitled to an opinion and although i love movies similar to this one, and was actually hooked till the end, i didnt enjoy it when i realized that the end had no surprise as i had already seen it...
Wow.  What the
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif

Go suck a

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Ok im all for movies that make you think and keep you at the edge of your seat trying to figure out whats going on, but im not about movies with stupid open endings....I rented this movie after the whole INCEPTION/Nolan hype to see what it was about since i had not seen it, well I was hooked through the whole movie, trying to piece the puzzle together, it was entertaining till it got to the end and I realized what i was fearing, I already saw the ending....at the *%%%* begining of the movie!!....now ive seen lots of movies do this, start off at the end IE: INCEPTION, however they dont literally start off with the last frame of the ****** movie, somehow someway after 2+ hours of viewing you get the actual ending....well thats not the case with MEMENTO, the whole movie literally plays backwards, and at the end im left with these conclusiuons...
-dudes wife was raped and he was knocked on the head causing him to lose his short-term memory.

-dude then kills his wife by mistake when she tests him

-dude then builds this whole %*++#*@! story to make himself happy...

-cops dont wanna dig any further into the rape that started everything because the only witness to the rape has a memory problem.

-one cop does help him find the rapist and lets him kill him.

this is where i get a bit lost and im not sure if im right

-this cop after this uses the protagonist (guy pearce) as his personal hitman, by always making Guy believe that they are after the guy that "killed" his wife?

-Guy Pearce then comes along a relevation and finds out that "teddy" has been using him and thats when he builds up another lie that eventually leads him to believe that he was they guy he's been looking for all along and eventually shoots him in the head...

I know all the Nolan fans are gonna assume im some idiot who doesnt like movies that get you to think and im an action junkie who wets his pants to Michael Bay....but that assumption would be wrong, we are all entitled to an opinion and although i love movies similar to this one, and was actually hooked till the end, i didnt enjoy it when i realized that the end had no surprise as i had already seen it...
Wow.  What the

Go suck a

I didn't like Donnie Darko THAT much. Acting was subpar and weird for a lot of the actors and actresses. We all have different tastes.

Memento is
pimp.gif

Watch it again for the acting  Your assumptions were right though.

I didn't like Donnie Darko THAT much. Acting was subpar and weird for a lot of the actors and actresses. We all have different tastes.

Memento is
pimp.gif

Watch it again for the acting  Your assumptions were right though.

I could only get thru like 3/4 of Memento 7 yrs ago, and havent tried since..Safe to say I didn't like it.

I could only get thru like 3/4 of Memento 7 yrs ago, and havent tried since..Safe to say I didn't like it.

Back
Top Bottom