Melrose dying?

Kendo is having another sale. This is their second sale this spring/summer! Either they are doing badly and trying to move product or more sneakers stores needto have sales!
laugh.gif
I like the store, everyone is super nice. I'vebought kicks for my wife and daughter there. I wonder if a women only sneaker store is a good idea?

Originally Posted by IamCROS1

Someone was looking for the Hip Hop Shop hahaha that @!!! went out of business in like 95. Did you just break out of a damn time warp or something. Melrose always had stores that popped up and closed down. Flailing Economy and ofcourse the addition of the Fairfax area are definitite factors but nothing out of the ordinary is happened. When Workmens shuts down then you know theres a problem. But then again they have problems paying there bills so I could see that place shutting down soon as well... peace CROS1

laugh.gif
Jokes man...just wanted to see if anyone else knew what was up...

Seriously,
Some would argue that Melrose ebbs and flows. My theory is that Melrose is over except for the retailers east of Fairfax. Notice that the culturaltrendsetters (Bape, Crooks&Castles, Fred Segal, Marc Jacobs) planted their flags on the clean, sanitized, safe, upscale side of Melrose. They figure thatthey'll leave the rest of melrose to the teens, skaters, lowlifes, and assorted misfits, freaks, and geeks. Before anyone cries "Snobs!",it's just good business. You go where the fish are biting, where the money is. I don't know how the streetwear shops on Fairfax do it...When schoollets out at Fairfax HS, you have to be on the lookout for shoplifters, theft crews,etc.

Anyway, Melrose as we know it is dead, like Crenshaw is dead now. The high rents on Melrose, poor parking, economy, shops with poor qualitygoods/service...remember Heavy Hitters?
laugh.gif

^^^^ I'm pretty sure if any of these cats try jackin' from Supreme, they'd get murked in a heart beat. I saw one cat years back get beat down fortrying to snatch a tee. Dude took a major L for that.

^^^^Word up! This cat I know at Supreme named N.A. would take a skate deck and go medieval on a fool!
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom