Melo Unconcious

^ Honestly, I can't even fake that either and lay there AND not flinch or move knowing there are grown men jumping around that close and could stomp on you by accident.

I cant even help but move when a bee is around me

Originally Posted by amel223

Melo wasn't hurt.  Just being a drama queen lol.

idk tho. if he really wasnt hurt, he woulda moved away after he realized that a bunch of 6'5+ people are running and jumping around him, just by instinct. seeing that he didnt flinch at all just shows that he was really out of it.

This has to be a weird dream
eek.gif

laugh.gif
I've said it before and I'll say it again on this board...

I <3 Sheed!

Team of 1! lol he may never get to the hall of fame but he's hall of fame in my mind lol

Originally Posted by Memp2Atl85

I don't know... Maybe so a guy that's unconscious and laying on the floor doesn't get stampeded upon and forced into a coma..... Are you serious? Player safety should always come first...
Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

It's a matter of policy genius. It looks as if they really don't give a ###! if a player gets injured durin play, but they better make sure they aint wearin jeans and white tees on the sideline.
And still, I don't understand what one thing has to do with the other in any way, shape, or form...

Why couldn't/didn't his own teammates call a timeout when they got the ball back? If you're gonna talk about it not looking like the league gives a !$#% about a player, can't I just turn that around and say it looked like his team didn't give a !$#% if he got hurt? After all, these dudes know the officials aren't gonna stop the game for them and they still came charging down the court with Melo laying in the paint...

These are grown men... They can call their own timeouts and control the flow of the game... The same dudes that gripe ANNUALLY about officials being too injected into the game now want them even more involved...
eyes.gif

Like I said, I still don't believe he was unconscious, and I sure don't blame the officials for thinking the same thing.

This isn't college. There is NOT an injury timeout rule. So no matter who the player was, there is nothing the refs could do.

They can call timeouts if they see blood on a player or his jersey though
laugh.gif

But like I said, any of the Nuggets could have called a TO, including the bench and coaches. So give them all @#!**%* points, and one extra for JR just because he actually tried to go around him then seemed mad Melo made him travel, although I bet he thought Melo was just acting.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Memp2Atl85

I don't know... Maybe so a guy that's unconscious and laying on the floor doesn't get stampeded upon and forced into a coma..... Are you serious? Player safety should always come first...
Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

It's a matter of policy genius. It looks as if they really don't give a ###! if a player gets injured durin play, but they better make sure they aint wearin jeans and white tees on the sideline.
And still, I don't understand what one thing has to do with the other in any way, shape, or form...

Why couldn't/didn't his own teammates call a timeout when they got the ball back? If you're gonna talk about it not looking like the league gives a !$#% about a player, can't I just turn that around and say it looked like his team didn't give a !$#% if he got hurt? After all, these dudes know the officials aren't gonna stop the game for them and they still came charging down the court with Melo laying in the paint...

These are grown men... They can call their own timeouts and control the flow of the game... The same dudes that gripe ANNUALLY about officials being too injected into the game now want them even more involved...
eyes.gif

Like I said, I still don't believe he was unconscious, and I sure don't blame the officials for thinking the same thing.
You're right, it doesnt. but its not about that, its about the discipline? i honestly cant think of the word i want to use right now
laugh.gif

And thats because his damn is ******ed.

check out 0:35 of the video clip. i think JR was even trying to blame melo for the travelling call on him. lol.

dude must have been knocked out if he didn't even flinch with a bunch of guys jumping right near his head.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

You can forgive the refs for thinking that it was just his way of protesting the call, like Rasheed used to do:
Totally different ... his eyes are wide open, clearly. Melo was out, without flinching or anything.

Originally Posted by dyzzle

Originally Posted by amel223

Melo wasn't hurt.  Just being a drama queen lol.

idk tho. if he really wasnt hurt, he woulda moved away after he realized that a bunch of 6'5+ people are running and jumping around him, just by instinct. seeing that he didnt flinch at all just shows that he was really out of it.
Iunno.  Still not convinced.  What I believed happened was that Melo was trying to sell the foul.  He didn't expect them to continue playing and then when they kept playing he chose to stay on the floor cuz it would look so dumb if he was suddenly ok.  That's what it looked like to me. 

Was just trying to sell the foul and then it got out of hand. 

Back
Top Bottom