Meet the legend, The God, The R. Cmon/Stussy DC this Sunday 11.15

stussy-rakim.jpg

Yeah I'm going to try. I have another shoot tomorrow as well as covering the show @ Black Cat tomorrow night.

My-T.

Damn, I'm sorry I'll have to miss this. It would've been a treat to meet him and have a disc signed.

For my money Rakim's the greatest of all time. What he did to advance lyricism in hip hop can't be ignored.

I'm definitely looking forward to the 7th seal; hopefully it'll be a return to form.

Originally Posted by Method Man

I'm definitely looking forward to the 7th seal; hopefully it'll be a return to form.
i'm a fan of his music..
i heard most of the tracks and was a little disappointed... i will still cop the CD and give it a better listen...

Originally Posted by Method Man

Damn, I'm sorry I'll have to miss this. It would've been a treat to meet him and have a disc signed.

For my money Rakim's the greatest of all time. What he did to advance lyricism in hip hop can't be ignored.

I'd pay money to see YOU in person
laugh.gif

My-T.

*ques up "Follow the Leader"*

I still think that track, and how the lyrics are written/delivered, STILL goes over people's heads 20 years later.

Know the ledge!

Man, I would love to get my "follow the leader" cassette signed. Original purchase from THE WIZ on F street...

SMH @ not knowing about this sooner...

^^^damn u brought it back to the wiz on F...now a kung fu flick Jawn... I member goin in there before I cought either the S, 42, and the 70 I believe..

Rakim was is and always will be a BEAST

So sad most of my peers have no idea Rakim's impact on hip-hop. Although when I saw him live I was a little dissapointed when he came out looking likeSoulja Boy. I guess I just always picture him in 80's garb. It's wild to believe he's only 40 though.

Did anyone go? Just curious what time he went on, I finally got out of DEVO around 11:30 and was tempted to stop by but figured I had already missed out.

thanks to everybody who came out....the event was cool and turned out well even tho it was stamped two days prior....tommie post ur pics whenever u upload emtoo from the event and the show....

Originally Posted by The Badgeman

Did anyone go? Just curious what time he went on, I finally got out of DEVO around 11:30 and was tempted to stop by but figured I had already missed out.

I went. Got there around 3:45/4...he came out around that time.

Originally Posted by ReeceMan10

Originally Posted by The Badgeman

I went. Got there around 3:45/4...he came out around that time.
I'm sorry I didn't mean the Stussy in-store, I meant his show last night at the Black Cat.

Best rapper ever.....and the rapper who inspired all of my fave artists....NaS, Ghost, Dre3G etc
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom