mcgrady and rockets to part ways

Originally Posted by BangDak

A contract is only insured if a doctor deems the player to be unplayable for the rest of the season.

And Utah's Pick? please...they're in financial troubles, but they're not giving that top lottery pick for just an expiring.
well, maybe they would. who the hell knows. They gave Maynor away for a bunch of cookies.

But you're right on the Rockets needs. They need a defensive guard who can score in bunches, and maybe another center.
Yeah that's what I originally thought about the insurance, but it's been reported on ESPN and a couple other places that the insurancekicked in earlier this season and will continue for any future games he misses .... now I was wondering if DNP CD fit into that or it must be because of aninjury
Also if Utah could possibly also get rid of Kirilenko ..... with the pick as collateral for mid first rounder ... then their might be a better chance buteither way that's a long shot

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by one11archerave

While Hinrich and Deng aren't bad players at all, last time I checked, the Rockets were doing well with Brooks and Ariza starting. The Bulls on the other hand... Don't the Bulls want to get rid of Salmons now? At least Adelman coached him before in Sac.

Oh, thanks for not including Chris Bosh on that list. Haha. Although he is from rival Dallas...
Miller (EC), Jerome James (EC), and John Salmons (2011 EC) for T-mac would work according to the trade machine. Rockets could probably buy out Miller and James if they wanted and work John in or buy him out next season.
Salmons has a player option after this year and the way he's playing, I think he will take it and become a FA in 2011. Miller could help the Rockets at center, but he might struggle on the run and gun offense. Salmons, like Hinrich and Deng isn't a bad player, but come on, the Rockets won't even play T-Mac because of chemistry problems... Looking more like the Rockets will keep T-Mac's 23 Mil...

And it makes no sense.

You are thinking for this year. What are you going to do this year? finish a distant 4th?

Your better option would be to trade Tmac get good players, and not resign YAO.
Ok, be real now. The Rockets trade T-Mac for Hinrich and Deng. Do they put them over the top in the West? Nope. So their contract ends in 2011 and the Rockets have tons of money to go after a FA or two. Anyone in 2011 that special? Chris Paul wants to go play by himself again?

Now lets talk Bulls. You make it sound like no one wants to go to Houston in 2010, so Wade and LeBron are just waiting to sign with the Bulls? This team has a lameduck coach right now too.

Lets see, which sounds more enticing. An overachieving team with a bunch of hardworkers and the possibility of a healthy Yao. Or an underachieving team with a bunch of capable hardworkers that aren't listening to the coach anymore. The Bulls do have Rose though.

No one would go to Houston cause of Yao.

I dont really want Lebron or Wade... unless I can get both.
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

While Hinrich and Deng aren't bad players at all, last time I checked, the Rockets were doing well with Brooks and Ariza starting. The Bulls on the other hand... Don't the Bulls want to get rid of Salmons now? At least Adelman coached him before in Sac.

Oh, thanks for not including Chris Bosh on that list. Haha. Although he is from rival Dallas...
Miller (EC), Jerome James (EC), and John Salmons (2011 EC) for T-mac would work according to the trade machine. Rockets could probably buy out Miller and James if they wanted and work John in or buy him out next season.
Salmons has a player option after this year and the way he's playing, I think he will take it and become a FA in 2011. Miller could help the Rockets at center, but he might struggle on the run and gun offense. Salmons, like Hinrich and Deng isn't a bad player, but come on, the Rockets won't even play T-Mac because of chemistry problems... Looking more like the Rockets will keep T-Mac's 23 Mil...

And it makes no sense.

You are thinking for this year. What are you going to do this year? finish a distant 4th?

Ok, be real now. The Rockets trade T-Mac for Hinrich and Deng. Do they put them over the top in the West? Nope. So their contract ends in 2011 and the Rockets have tons of money to go after a FA or two. Anyone in 2011 that special? Chris Paul wants to go play by himself again?

Now lets talk Bulls. You make it sound like no one wants to go to Houston in 2010, so Wade and LeBron are just waiting to sign with the Bulls? This team has a lameduck coach right now too.

Lets see, which sounds more enticing. An overachieving team with a bunch of hardworkers and the possibility of a healthy Yao. Or an underachieving team with a bunch of capable hardworkers that aren't listening to the coach anymore. The Bulls do have Rose though.

indifferent.gif
roll.gif

My dude. Wade is the same player as Rose except he plays off the ball, and shoots more. The Lanes are still going to be clogged.
And no one on that team would comand Wades respect on the court

Lebron and Deng on the same team? that means we get less production from Deng I would take Lebron w/o Wade but it would have to be a certainset of circumstances.

Shaq for T-Mac, straight up.

They're both expiring.

Shaq ain't going much in Cleveland, but then again maybe he's saving his tank for the playoffs.

The lack of a second scoring threat is what killed Cleveland in the playoffs last year.

But then again, they lost to Orlando, and maybe Shaq would give Dwight Howard a really tough team.

It might sound crazy, but I think Shaq will fit in Houston's system a lot better than he does in Cleveland.

And it makes no sense.

indifferent.gif
roll.gif

My dude. Wade is the same player as Rose except he plays off the ball, and shoots more. The Lanes are still going to be clogged.
And no one on that team would comand Wades respect on the court

Lebron and Deng on the same team? that means we get less production from Deng I would take Lebron w/o Wade but it would have to be a certain set of circumstances.
eek.gif

Rose is the future of the Bulls, but as a casual Bulls fan, I cannot agree that Rose and Wade are the same players. Maybe in the future, but not right now atall. Why would Wade need to be led when he should be the leader on most teams anyways...

In regards to your LeBron comment...
smile.gif

Side note, Shaq on Rockets? T-Mac couldn't handle the pace of the Rockets. Good luck making Shaq run.

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

Side note, Shaq on Rockets? T-Mac couldn't handle the pace of the Rockets. Good luck making Shaq run.

What do you mean T-Mac couldn't handle the pace?

Not sure if you caught a Rockets game this year, but the Rockets don't play the slow pace half court offense they used last year with Yao andT-Mac anymore. With T-Mac being older and post knee-surgery, he can't handle the fast pace movement anymore. He also isn't very scrappy on defense sothat isn't good too. Shaq would have trouble with all of the above too.

Just bring McGrady to Chicago. Trade Luol and Kirk so we can have plenty of money for a free agent. Maybe Dwyane Wade
pimp.gif

Makes sense for the most part.

BHZ is going to *$$* his pants if he sees salmons coming to his team. oh well. he wants veteran experience right?
laugh.gif

and what do the bulls get out of this (besides getting rid of salmons of course)? they sort of get young talent back, but eh..

Get more expirings for 2010 to make a run at Bosh and maybe if the Bulls get lucky Young is Rose's back court teammate for the future.

If this trade is happening, I hope it happens soon. I wanna see my dude T-mac on the court.

Hinrich and Deng for Mac??????!??!?!?!?!?!?!........you people cannot be serious.......no way in hell that happens.......you people are ridiculous

Originally Posted by jamergrady

Originally Posted by NobleKane

if i were the cavs i would be on the phone asap. if any year they needed to win it all it would be NOW. if tmac can stay healthy he is THAT GUY Lebron needs as a number 2 option who can handle the ball when he goes to the bench...
So true.
tired.gif

No way TMAC gets his wishes and goes to a playoff team. If I am a GM of a bottom tier team. I sign Tmac for the year and use him to get fans in the seats, andmentor some young players. With the off chance that he stays. If he leaves, oh well off the books.

I hope the rumoured deal involving T-Mac to the Warriors and Anthony Randolph to the Rockets goes through. Randolph with proper management and coaching guidinghim would be a sight to see.

I am not even a Warriors fan like that, but to lose Randolph would suck. Don Nelson FTL if it happens.

Not sure if the Championship contending teams even want T-Mac. Not exactly the professional team player those teams want to help get the ring.

And mentoring young players, nah, he's not even that old really. Haha. He still gotta mature himself.

Back
Top Bottom