Mature NT'ers Enter Vol. Is it possible to be friends with an ex?

Originally Posted by Late80s

Originally Posted by Oprah Winfrey

no, if you would have properly settled the issues you guys and had something to offer eachother you would still be together. not to mention once you have crossed sex line theres no turning back you cant revert to friendship, the whole dynamic has changed. friendship is simply not possible, youre kidding yourself if you think it is.

Thats how I feel.

It just feels really awkward talking to her as a "friend" and I don't want to re-catch feelings for someone that I absolutely hate as a person.
do yourself a favor and stop talking to her at all. she wants to prove to herself she still got it and can have you where she wants you under the premise of being "just friends".

Hm, I tried cutting off all communication with her a while ago and she somehow got a hold of my new SN. She basically comes out of nowhere every 3-4 monthstrying to talk to me, I have no idea what she wants out of it and when I ask, she just blows off the question... The female mind boggles me.

CJ863
roll.gif

Back when I first broke up with my ex, I started talking to this fine light skinned chick, I knew she was fine because my ex immediately called me as soon asshe found out yelling "IF YOU EVER HAVE SEX WITH A BLACK CHICK I WILL NEVER, EVER SPEAK TO YOU AGAIN, AND WONT EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING BACK WITHYOU"
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CJ863

Convo via facebook...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Maria Sanchez

May 26 at 9:48pm

Report Message

so who is this female u kissing all up on????

May 26 at 9:59pm

That would be the novia... lol

Sent via Facebook Mobile

Maria Sanchez

May 27 at 5:21pm

Report Message

who in the hell is the novia!!!! dont play wit me. i kno where u live. and where u wil soon reside. i will come n find u

Maria Sanchez

May 27 at 5:27pm

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#

why is it that i cant never get u out off my mind. dont take it to the head and i aint tryin to gas u up but thats the truth. i be wondering how u doin and #*%@. i dont know whats going on with me.

May 27 at 7:32pm

somebody needs a little spanish translation novia is girlfriend...

Maria Sanchez

May 28 at 3:52pm

Report Message

i kind of figured that out. i dont care thats ur girlfriend. she dont look better than me.

May 28 at 7:31pm

That's ur opinion... does it even matter who looks better? She loves me like you USED to nd even better... Plus she's beautiful therefore that's all that matters to me...

Sent via Facebook Mobile

Maria Sanchez

May 28 at 9:40pm

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#

wat ever!!!!!! who said i ever stopped loving you? see how much u know. u always got a piece of me. just like u always got a piece of me. now tell me u dont. n e ways.... how long u gon b gone and how is my favorite mama n law?

and no i am not trying to come between u and ur boo.....

chick is crazy... I had to immediately end the convo...
roll.gif

EXACLY. Lolz!

no, if you would have properly settled the issues you guys and had something to offer eachother you would still be together. not to mention once you have crossed sex line theres no turning back you cant revert to friendship, the whole dynamic has changed. friendship is simply not possible, youre kidding yourself if you think it is.

Thats how I feel.

It just feels really awkward talking to her as a "friend" and I don't want to re-catch feelings for someone that I absolutely hate as a person.

I'm friends with an ex of mine. Not bestfriends or anything but I consider her a friend. But you gotta be truely over her and not start smashing for it towork. Now that I typed this nvm. Its too much effort.

Hm, I tried cutting off all communication with her a while ago and she somehow got a hold of my new SN. She basically comes out of nowhere every 3-4 months trying to talk to me, I have no idea what she wants out of it and when I ask, she just blows off the question... The female mind boggles me.
My ex did the same exact thing. The male mind boggles me.

Originally Posted by ussjme

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The sad thing is, you're stating your opinion as if it's fact. Anyway, that's not true at all. My ex and I are good friends. When we hang out, sure we kiss and stuff, but she knows I'm not her "bf" and she's not my "gf"... The only thing that made us break up was my lack of communication (which is the cause of almost every relationship I was in..bad habit) but we're cool now.. then again, it's not like we weren't cool w/ each other from the break up.
ohwell.gif
[/color]
so in other words, friends with benefits? are either of you in another relationship? if you are,is your current GF cool with you kissing your ex and stuff?
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I wouldn't say friends with benefits (ehh, depends on who'slooking at it).. I'm not in a relationship and neither is she.[/color]

Originally Posted by Rawk On

Hm, I tried cutting off all communication with her a while ago and she somehow got a hold of my new SN. She basically comes out of nowhere every 3-4 months trying to talk to me, I have no idea what she wants out of it and when I ask, she just blows off the question... The female mind boggles me.
My ex did the same exact thing. The male mind boggles me.

The human mind boggles us.

I wish I knew what she wanted out of it, I mean, friends with benefits isn't an option because due to her promiscuousness she caught the skeevies.

Depends on the person, with a person as horny as myself, friends with any female is out of the question. Much less one that used to be my girl.

laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The sad thing is, you're stating your opinion as if it's fact. Anyway, that's not true at all. My ex and I are good friends. When we hang out, sure we kiss and stuff, but she knows I'm not her "bf" and she's not my "gf"... The only thing that made us break up was my lack of communication (which is the cause of almost every relationship I was in..bad habit) but we're cool now.. then again, it's not like we weren't cool w/ each other from the break up.
ohwell.gif
[/color]
because im right thats not being friends.

edit: and neither of you are with someone right now, if one of you were you would quickly realize how your "friendship" works.

QFT

depends

I dont talk to none of them but one.

Then again, I'm self destructive when it comes to relationships and not getting my own way.

I'd say no for the simple fact of having to see her with other dudes WILL f--- with you. It's happening to me now and making me realize what I had.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

me and one of my exes are cool as %@[email protected] wit' him when I was in the A and he showed me around and everything. I'm almost certain he's not tryna get back in so yes, I think it is possible to be friends with an ex.

if you made it available he would take it.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

me and one of my exes are cool as %@[email protected] wit' him when I was in the A and he showed me around and everything. I'm almost certain he's not tryna get back in so yes, I think it is possible to be friends with an ex.

if you made it available he would take it.

This woman speaks truth, how do yall not get it?.....If a guy is with a girl who he finds attractive he will smash if given the opp, friends don't havesex, or want to therefore......
grin.gif

after my break up with my ex i never thought we would ever talk again, but now we are the best of friends

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I'd say no for the simple fact of having to see her with other dudes WILL f--- with you. It's happening to me now and making me realize what I had.

She's had a few boyfriends in the past 3 years, one of whom went to the same school as us so I had to see them everyday and I can honestly say itdidn't F with me that bad at all. She wasn't all that good to me so maybe thats why, I have no clue.

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif
[/color]
because im right thats not being friends.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]What constitutes as friendship IYO? FTR, I wasn't throwing shotsat you in any way, I just think it's stupid to state your opinion as you did.[/color]

Originally Posted by JWM

after my break up with my ex i never thought we would ever talk again, but now we are the best of friends
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Same here.. and that goes for several females I used to be"involved" with. How can you not be cool with someone you once went out with? (not saying you will end up on a friendship level with said persons allthe time, but c'mon) You realize what went wrong and joke about it...[/color]

No not really...

it has a slight chance if you two dont know alot of the same people, or now live in two totally different places...

because people talk too much, and you dont want to see your ex roamin around with someone else on the same level as you used to...

JEALOUSY SUCKS..
mad.gif

just visit your exxes MS FB Twtr etc....and read their status, headlines, names, comments, top friends, pics....
laugh.gif
, and you'll get that lil extra heartbeat where u lose a slight breath...lol

Back
Top Bottom