Manu Ginobili a Hall Of Famer?...Vol. Yes or No

laugh.gif

Not even a question. He LED a team to the Olympic Gold Medal and he was a major factor in multiple NBA Championships.

Nash will probably make it in based off of his 2 MVPs. IMO, Being the best player on a gold medal team + Being one of the best players on multiple NBA title teams > Never making the NBA finals and having no real non-NBA resume to speak of.

Originally Posted by So Authentic

Hell NO. If they let him in, they need to let Penny, Horry & Grant Hill in.

Ginobili will make it. Grant Hill might make it. Penny and Horry no.

I'd give Ginobili 85-90 out of 100, Hill 75, Penny 40 and Horry 25.

Some of you are @$%++!! ******ed, it's the Basketball HOF not the NBA HOF of course he's going to make it.

laugh.gif
@ if he makes it Hill, Penny and Horry have to make it.

Originally Posted by DubA169

i don't think he should

jordan, bird, magic, manu?

doesn't seem right

Sam Jones, Calvin Murphy, Drazen Petrovic, Manu.

Seems just about right.

Originally Posted by So Authentic

Hell NO. If they let him in, they need to let Penny, Horry & Grant Hill in.
huh?

if penny and hill never got injured id say theyre a lock...as for big shot rob id love for him to get in but if basketball was based off the final 5 minutes of a game then hes lock other than that then no

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by CP1708

I'm sensing an NT NBA Hall of fame vote thread.........
nerd.gif

during the summer though...

laugh.gif
  We may all be too busy getting banned in the summer. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We'll see, in the offseason thread we can revisit the idea and see if we get enough people involved in it.  I had fun doin the MLB one, but we have WAAAAAAAY more NBA fans on here then MLB.   We have a lot easier time voting, just more time disputing certain players.  Nothin wrong with that though. 

Like others have said, BASKETBALL HOF so YES.

NBA 'Chips, International 'Chips, Gold Medal, All-Star couple times, MIP's, etc. I'll give it to him....

Yep. He's the MJ of Argentina. He gave the U.S. the business in the '02 Worlds and the '04 Olympics. He's in. He's what Sarunas Marcioulonis should've been.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Speaking of summer threads, we doing another fantasy draft?
I dunno.  We didn't get a chance to do that 11 team one that we wanted too.  I was interested to get that one done to compare the depth of the teams. 

We might be able to put something together.  But you know the summer offseason thread gonna keep a lot of us busy this year.  It's gonna be friggin chaos in there. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I'm just happy with the 24 team league I'm not doing to shabby with the last pick. I'd be down to do it again, it was pretty fun.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Proshares wrote:

Speaking of summer threads, we doing another fantasy draft?
I dunno.  We didn't get a chance to do that 11 team one that we wanted too.  I was interested to get that one done to compare the depth of the teams. 

We might be able to put something together.  But you know the summer offseason thread gonna keep a lot of us busy this year.  It's gonna be friggin chaos in there. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
you're such a dork
wink.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

i don't think he should

jordan, bird, magic, manu?

doesn't seem right
That's why they need a NBA HOF. Ginoboli does not and would not deserve to see his jersey up with the Jordans and Chamberlains. The Hakeems and Birds. Give me a #%@^ break. This guy never started more than 74 games in a season and started that many games once. He's been injured a ton, comes off the #%@^@# bench, and could never hold Admiral's (a real HOF'er) jockstrap. NBA needs to make a HOF for elite HOF caliber players only. Naismith is a joke.

Will it's the basketball HOF so MANU is a LOCK...
pimp.gif

I just want to know why you mad at Manu?....
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Will it's the basketball HOF so MANU is a LOCK...
pimp.gif

I just want to know why you mad at Manu?....
nerd.gif

Not mad at Manu. I just believe the greats deserve their own hall. It diminishes and waters down the concept.

Guaranteed ?? No

His international body of work is great, don't get me wrong. But that alone does not guarantee you a bid in the Hall of Fame unless you are a pioneer, and while he's been a big contributor, and an excellent 6th man...he wasn't the number one option on any of those 3 championship teams. He's a 1 time all star, 6th man of the year, an olympic gold medalist who doesn't even average 15 points a game for his career. Put it like this, if Tony Parker had the international body of work that Manu has along with his NBA career, he'd be a hall of famer. Manu just hasn't done enough, and that's not an insult...But Role Players don't make the Basketball Hall of Fame.At least not anymore. Too many great players and He isn't a pioneer on the level of many other international players in the BHOF. And his main criteria WILL be the NBA since that's where the majority of his basketball career was. That's why you don't see Christian Lattener or Larry Johnson in the Hall of Fame...had excellent NCAA careers, but they're judged by the main stage they played on.

He may make it WAY down the line...but a guaranteed 1st ballot hall of famer ? That's Gervin, Duncan, Robinson etc....the fact that Ginobili fits nowhere in that list tells you something. Once again not trying to insult, just an elite group that Manu isn't in. NBA is the number one basketball league in the world. If that's where you play, that's what your mainly judged on with international/NCAA career being extra, since your main body of work was in the L...and if im wrong please show me a HOF example that shows an NBA Role player with a stellar international career being voted into the HOF in this modern era. Because i have yet to see it. Don't just say oh he's had a great international career and he's a lock to make it. LOOK at the people in the Basketball Hall of Fame that represent the 80's/90's...you'll see no one with that type of career there.

He may get in with a weak class in 20 years. Manu is Appreciated though, and im a Laker fan

Back
Top Bottom