Manny Pacquiao in Talks to Move to Jordan Brand

i was just thinking about the boxing/basketball connection, it seems like there is alot of overlap between both worlds, good move
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

i rather see Floyd with jordan brand
i agree, but people hate on him cuz of his personality, pacquiao is much more likeable to a brand like nike/jordan

My thoughts go back to the thread about the athletes that sign with jordan. Could this be a bad move by pac? if he signs do ya'll think he'll fall off?
Maybe even get that fight with money, and get it handed to him?

Originally Posted by HeirtotheJ23

My thoughts go back to the thread about the athletes that sign with jordan. Could this be a bad move by pac? if he signs do ya'll think he'll fall off?
Maybe even get that fight with money, and get it handed to him?

He already fell off.....

No way that would happen.  I love Floyd but sponsors have stayed away from him like the plague since the racist and homophobic stuff in the Pacquiao rant in '09.  Reebok came out the next day without demand and made sure everybody knew he wasn't sponsored by them since the year prior.  I'm sure the Lin tweets didn't help at all.

Originally Posted by drprince89

i agree, but people hate on him cuz of his personality, pacquiao is much more likeable to a brand like nike/jordan
Exactly. 
I wonder if Pacquiao would have strictly runners and airmax type Js.

Pacquiao only has one or two years left. Doesn't make much sense to me business wise.

Do retired boxers sell sneakers?

Let's get some MP releases for some of the fights he wins.. pick the colors by his or his opponents shorts and gloves. 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Pacquiao only has one or two years left. Doesn't make much sense to me business wise.

Do retired boxers sell sneakers?

True, but they can milk the hell out of each release they get from him. You're right in the sense that this would be some kind a calculated risk for JB, but I think they're assuming that they could reap so much from this. Here in the Philippines, they can release any type of apparel/merchandise related to Manny and it will still sell faster than hotcakes, rape prices or not.

Damnit, much rather have a swoosh than the jumpman. I thought Manny was building his own brand.

If this does happen, I'll be looking forward to retro PE special make-ups done up for him. My size range too.

-Jermaine

i agree that PACMAN has about couple years left
so it not make much sense for jordan to create a shoe line for him.

Originally Posted by Nappy

Damnit, much rather have a swoosh than the jumpman. I thought Manny was building his own brand.

I agree.  Switching is a terrible idea. 

Jordan boxing gear will forever remind me of Roy Jones Jr. I wish I had some Show Boxers. I have the Adidas boxhogs that Mayweather wore in training for the Marquez fight.

Back
Top Bottom