Man of Steel (Superman Movie Thread) - June 14, 2013 - NEW Trailer pg20

To be honest, most negative reviews I have seen talks about the film not being Donners version and that Cavill is not Reeves. I think some of these critics are way too nostalgic.

We weep a too-late tear for Christopher Reeve.

I mean I get it, these guys grew up with Reeves as their Superman but they might be too close minded to want the same exact take on Supes. Just like the CraveOnline Superman film reviewerss said, Routh does his best Reeves impression in SR and even though there are barely any action, he punches no one, lift a Kryptonite island, stalks his ex, etc... In SR, Routh being reminiscent of Reeves might be why the film got good reviews?

Other complaints I am seeing is too much action. :lol: After SR, I am not sure how this could be a valid complaint? If this film can be action packed like Transformer (with an actual story though, which it looks like this does) and make a $1billion in the box office, I'd be happy.

I'll be seeing this at midnight today, finally!!!

Last edited:
Man of Steel to 'Cause' Justice League Movie?

It was rumored, but not yet confirmed, earlier this week that director Zack Snyder and screenwriter David S. Goyer have been set to make the Man of Steel sequel. In that report, it was also mentioned that Goyer has a three-picture deal with Warner Bros. which includes the sequel and also the Justice League movie. So will he write that film as well?

Bleeding Cool caught up with the writer and got a little more info on which direction they may be going with the shared universe. Here is an excerpt from their conversation:

David Goyer: It is our intention that, in success, this would be the zero issue and from this point onward, possible films could expand into a shared universe. In our world, the Man of Steel world, Zack has gone on record saying that we’re implying there are other superheroes in this world. But I don’t know that they’ve come forward yet. The idea is that Superman is the first one. There might be people helping people, but not in costumes, and that Superman comes forward and announces himself to the world. In him announcing himself, he’s the one that changes things.

Bleeding Cool: You’re positing a cause and effect?

David Goyer: Yes, yes absolutely, in our mind.

Bleeding Cool: And so now, Bruce Wayne will feel alright in his ears, where he might not have dressed up like that before. Is that the kind of thinking?

David Goyer: Well, yes… there’s definitely… I don’t want to get too in depth. Obviously, Zack and I have had conversations… but there would be a cause and effect. And that would extend to the collateral damage that happened, and to what other countries feel about the fact Superman calls America his home. Man of Steel doesn’t exist in a vacuum.

Idris Elba is almost a perfect John Stewart and dude could act.

Last edited:
I hope it's good, Bought tickets for the IMax about a month ago for tomorrow's showing. Can't wait!

Eff that. I am a huge Reeve is Superman guy. But I am totally ready for this movie. Whatever direction they take it. So long as the core of Superman(krypton, has a suit, powers, etc..) are still there I'm down for it.

I actually enjoyed Superman returns but wasn't blown away by it. I am hoping this does the latter. Either way, should be great time. Love Superman, it is my father's day gift that I get to go watch it. lol.

got my midnight release tickets for tonight

finally the wait is over

anyone here wearing a superman tshirt to the theaters?

i was thinking about rocking my justice league tee my friend got for me for xmas

I got my MoS Tees, just not sure what to wear. Got the black, red/blue, black tank and black zod. Will likely rock this black MoS tee though.

Last edited:
That was my Halloween costume 2 years ago, not sure if I can dig up a pic.

And no, that isn't me in that pic. :lol:

Here's the other tees (all from HotTopic):

Here's some good news:

BOX OFFICE: Zack Snyder's MAN OF STEEL Already Breaking Records Internationally

Man of Steel opens officially in North America at midnight and will then be screened from Friday at an incredible 4,207 locations across the country. 850 of those are 2D only, while the rest will be a combination of 3D and 2D. In a bid to combat rival studio estimates of an opening weekend of $95 - $100 million, Warner Bros. are predicting a rather conservative $80 million for its first three days of release. However, it's thought that the added 3D ticket price may help it exceed these numbers, although a big part of that will also come down to word of mouth (Man of Steel may have received a mixed response from some critics, but the majority of fans who have been lucky enough to already see it have had nothing but good things to say). Advance ticket sales are strong and the film will also open at several key territories this weekend before debuting at an additional 26 next week. Ultimately, Man of Steel will be shown on 21,000 screens internationally. It has in fact already opened in the Philippines where it shattered their all-time box office record to become the biggest opening day ever with $1,657,532.

Here's some good news:

BOX OFFICE: Zack Snyder's MAN OF STEEL Already Breaking Records Internationally

Man of Steel opens officially in North America at midnight and will then be screened from Friday at an incredible 4,207 locations across the country. 850 of those are 2D only, while the rest will be a combination of 3D and 2D. In a bid to combat rival studio estimates of an opening weekend of $95 - $100 million, Warner Bros. are predicting a rather conservative $80 million for its first three days of release. However, it's thought that the added 3D ticket price may help it exceed these numbers, although a big part of that will also come down to word of mouth (Man of Steel may have received a mixed response from some critics, but the majority of fans who have been lucky enough to already see it have had nothing but good things to say). Advance ticket sales are strong and the film will also open at several key territories this weekend before debuting at an additional 26 next week. Ultimately, Man of Steel will be shown on 21,000 screens internationally. It has in fact already opened in the Philippines where it shattered their all-time box office record to become the biggest opening day ever with $1,657,532.

Man, never thought it earned that big here in the Philippines. Awesome:smokin

Note: My pops still having double thoughts if he wants to watch this though. He still has this way of thinking that Christopher Reeves is Superman. As his thought of Sean Connery being the only version of Bond he accepts. Kinda understand where he's coming from though.

I got my MoS Tees, just not sure what to wear. Got the black, red/blue, black tank and black zod. Will likely rock this black MoS tee though.
Mind = Blown. Would've never guessed you were tatted up.

Anyways ive decided to watch This Is The End as opposed to MoS due to the "meh" RT reviews. Ill catch it later on IMAX 3D when the hype dies down.

Back
Top Bottom