MAN GETS RAPED BY A RARE PARROT

laugh.gif

ok, we need a gif of the parrot swaying back and forth with that look on its face
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

But I don't get it...

For such a horny animal why is it rare or becoming extinct?!

If they going in like that there should be more running around like rabbits and stuff.
There's only 125 here. I'm not sure why there's so little, possibly there's too many of one gender so they don't mate.. However their whole mating system is crazy/rather smart..

The Kakapo is the only species of flightless parrot in the world,[sup][34][/sup] and the only flightless bird anywhere that has a lek breeding system.[sup][35][/sup] Males loosely gather in an arena and compete with each other to attract females. Females watch the males display, or "lek".[sup][36][/sup] They choose a mate based on the quality of his display; they are not pursued by the males in any overt way. No pair bond is formed; males and females meet only to mate.

part of the why they are in such low numbers maybe down to evolution and survival of the fittest. New Zealand didn't see a large migration to the islanduntil the 1840s so most the islands land became farm land very quickly not allowing the kakapo to adapt so numbers fell very quickly. Also prior to theeuropean migration New Zealand had no medium to large land mammels so the native birds such as the kiwi and kakapo had no need to fly or get away frompredators so became flightless. So with the large european migration to new zealand and the introduction of predatory animals flghtless birds became easy prey.

This is highly unusual behavior if the Kakapo uses the lek breeding system.

Unless, of course, it was a female.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

But I don't get it...

If they going in like that there should be more running around like rabbits and stuff.
Because it can't tell the opposite sex of its own species.

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

But I don't get it...

The Kakapo is the only species of flightless parrot in the world,[sup][34][/sup] and the only flightless bird anywhere that has a lek breeding system.[sup][35][/sup] Males loosely gather in an arena and compete with each other to attract females. Females watch the males display, or "lek".[sup][36][/sup] They choose a mate based on the quality of his display; they are not pursued by the males in any overt way. No pair bond is formed; males and females meet only to mate.

Sounds like the mating behavior in hoods all across America...

Originally Posted by Physicx

ok, we need a gif of the parrot swaying back and forth with that look on its face
laugh.gif

^^^although that one is good.... get the gif of the bird looking in the camera swaying at 1:20-1:22

Back
Top Bottom