Man gets pissed at clinic over fee, pays it with 2,500 pennies and gets arrested

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by kiendienn

He caused a scene and made a huge mess in a medical facility.  The personnel are there to help people, and this butthurt clown is making a mess dumping 2500 pennies everywhere demanding them count it all up?  If he paid in rolls, and asked them politely, then I'm sure it's not disorderly conduct (both of which I'm sure he didn't).

You kids need to learn to read.

and then dumped 2,500 pennies onto the counter and demanded that they be counted.

money is money,  what if he dumped  25 1 dollar bills  or a 20 and a 5 and demmanded they be counted?

from the employees side of things, sometimes when you work you have to deal with customers you don't like. your on the clock and while it may be an inconivence to count to 2500  your getting paid for it, so shut up and do it.

so according to your argument, if you were in this employees position and dude walked into the bathroom, unleashed some explosive diahrrea wipes his butt with the $20 and $5 bill, and dropped that on your counter, you would shut up and take it and process the transaction since it is your job to do so?

Originally Posted by Kenny Powers

This pisses me off they ask dude to pay them their stupid fee and when he pays it with legitimate American currency he gets arrested, what is this country coming to?

exactly, and the throwing the money part is a copout.

i worked retail years back and dealt with annoying customers who would throw their money on the register area at me.  at the end of the day, i was working the register so it was my job (which i got a paycheck for) to take their money regardless if they were rude and give them their change.

just like the employee in this situation,  even if the guy was mad and threw the pennys, it takes about 15-20 minutes to count to 2500   just do it and he's out of your hair for good.

Originally Posted by Kenny Powers

This pisses me off they ask dude to pay them their stupid fee and when he pays it with legitimate American currency he gets arrested, what is this country coming to?

exactly, and the throwing the money part is a copout.

i worked retail years back and dealt with annoying customers who would throw their money on the register area at me.  at the end of the day, i was working the register so it was my job (which i got a paycheck for) to take their money regardless if they were rude and give them their change.

just like the employee in this situation,  even if the guy was mad and threw the pennys, it takes about 15-20 minutes to count to 2500   just do it and he's out of your hair for good.

Originally Posted by Pig Love

My girl works at a medical clinic and this crap happens all the time.

It's jacked up because you know what your doing going in there to pay
with pennies. Cmon yeah let's just jack everyones day up and delay
everyone else so I can make a point with my pennies. Some of you are
retarted.

******ed.

Originally Posted by Pig Love

My girl works at a medical clinic and this crap happens all the time.

It's jacked up because you know what your doing going in there to pay
with pennies. Cmon yeah let's just jack everyones day up and delay
everyone else so I can make a point with my pennies. Some of you are
retarted.

******ed.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

He caused a scene and made a huge mess in a medical facility.  The personnel are there to help people, and this butthurt clown is making a mess dumping 2500 pennies everywhere demanding them count it all up?  If he paid in rolls, and asked them politely, then I'm sure it's not disorderly conduct (both of which I'm sure he didn't).

money is money,  what if he dumped  25 1 dollar bills  or a 20 and a 5 and demmanded they be counted?

from the employees side of things, sometimes when you work you have to deal with customers you don't like. your on the clock and while it may be an inconivence to count to 2500  your getting paid for it, so shut up and do it.

so according to your argument, if you were in this employees position and dude walked into the bathroom, unleashed some explosive diahrrea wipes his butt with the $20 and $5 bill, and dropped that on your counter, you would shut up and take it and process the transaction since it is your job to do so?

did any of the 2500  pennies this guy tried paying with have diahrrea on them or were they tampered with in any sort of way??  if the answer to that is no,  your statement has no relevance to the argument

did any of the 2500  pennies this guy tried paying with have diahrrea on them or were they tampered with in any sort of way??  if the answer to that is no,  your statement has no relevance to the argument

why?  "money is money" whether its covered in poop or not. 

roll.gif
roll.gif
I remember when me and my cuz paid a dominos delivery guy $40 in quarters. If you would of seen dude face
roll.gif
roll.gif
. Had to get rid of all the loose change in my crib someway

roll.gif
roll.gif
I remember when me and my cuz paid a dominos delivery guy $40 in quarters. If you would of seen dude face
roll.gif
roll.gif
. Had to get rid of all the loose change in my crib someway

now your just trying to be clever and witty and failing at doing so.     a 20 and a 5 with poop on it, is the same is if he stuck 2500 pennies up his butt and then tried to pay.

if the money is untampered with  money is money and it's their job and duty to accept it and count it regardless if it's 2500 pennies or $25 dollars

now your just trying to be clever and witty and failing at doing so.     a 20 and a 5 with poop on it, is the same is if he stuck 2500 pennies up his butt and then tried to pay.

if the money is untampered with  money is money and it's their job and duty to accept it and count it regardless if it's 2500 pennies or $25 dollars

Dude could have handled it better though. If you're gonna pay with pennies, put them in rolls...you can't just dump a giant bag of them on the counter and make them count every single one from scratch, especially if he just poured them out right there...that's a definite no-no. Now the clinic has to clean up the mess while it holds up the rest of the line for people that might have urgent needs of their own.

Of course it's still currency so they have to accept it but there is also common courtesy to keep in mind too.

Dude could have handled it better though. If you're gonna pay with pennies, put them in rolls...you can't just dump a giant bag of them on the counter and make them count every single one from scratch, especially if he just poured them out right there...that's a definite no-no. Now the clinic has to clean up the mess while it holds up the rest of the line for people that might have urgent needs of their own.

Of course it's still currency so they have to accept it but there is also common courtesy to keep in mind too.

im sure theres some law buried somewhere against forcing people to accept a payment thats been covered in poop, probably some type of sanitary law

guy did nothing wrong, might as well send people to jail for asking cashiers to count a dollar on any purchase paid for with a dollar

im sure theres some law buried somewhere against forcing people to accept a payment thats been covered in poop, probably some type of sanitary law

guy did nothing wrong, might as well send people to jail for asking cashiers to count a dollar on any purchase paid for with a dollar

i just feel that your argument is flawed.  you cant say something like "money is money" and then attach qualifiers to the argument after the fact.

@TheHealthInspector - what the guy did wrong was go in there with the sole intent of disrupting their business.  While it may be the employees job to take a payment and apply it (whether its cash, check, CC), its not their job to clean up after some jerk who wants to cause a scene to get his point across.

i just feel that your argument is flawed.  you cant say something like "money is money" and then attach qualifiers to the argument after the fact.

@TheHealthInspector - what the guy did wrong was go in there with the sole intent of disrupting their business.  While it may be the employees job to take a payment and apply it (whether its cash, check, CC), its not their job to clean up after some jerk who wants to cause a scene to get his point across.

come on man  you know there's a difference between someone smearing poop on money and trying to pay  and someone using pennies  while it may be an inconvinence for them to count the pennies it's their job to do so.   it's kinda like when you gotta deal with an annoying customer, he can be annoying but as long as he isn't trying to hit me or steal, i have to deal with it or find a new job.

come on man  you know there's a difference between someone smearing poop on money and trying to pay  and someone using pennies  while it may be an inconvinence for them to count the pennies it's their job to do so.   it's kinda like when you gotta deal with an annoying customer, he can be annoying but as long as he isn't trying to hit me or steal, i have to deal with it or find a new job.

the +@*! are you talking about, this #!$% didn't even happen so don't even pull this scenario. Of course that's wrong but this guy just dumped a ton of pennies, not like he shoved it up his $$$.

the +@*! are you talking about, this #!$% didn't even happen so don't even pull this scenario. Of course that's wrong but this guy just dumped a ton of pennies, not like he shoved it up his $$$.

I had a loudmouth girl try to buy two packs of cigarettes with change out of her purse and she was rushing amd dumping cash out on my counter tellin me to count it.

She took so long somebody came from another line and took her cigarettes. I lost count when I had to scan another pack and just told her to take both packs leave me alone

Are you kidding me? lmfao irrelevant. its like saying... yea they are right for not accepting those pennies. if someone took a !!!@ on a dollar i wont accept it either!

-_- you gotta be kidding me. Bring up a relevant argument like, the pennies should have been in rolls or something. Making an example if someone took a !!!@ and used it. like... first off its irrelevant, second its unrealistic, Third, what are you going to do hold the dollar fresh with dookie on it? its also illegal.
 violation of Title 18, Section 333 of the United States Code, which says that “whoever mutilates, cuts, disfigures, perforates, unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, Federal Reserve Bank, or Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued, shall be fined not more than $100 or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

Back
Top Bottom