Magic vs. Celtics Game 7 8pm TNT

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

^^^ yea Rondo did %%#! up a lot this series... you gotta give credit to lewis and DH though... whenever rondo penetrated there was an always a big there to force a tough shot or pass....

Boston fans, are you guys satisified with the way big baby played? he was ballin out there for most of the post season... i'm pretty sure ainge is gonna want him back... he played big minutes and it just seemed he ran outta gas... especially with him having to guard rashard lewis...
big baby gave us more than we could expect from him..... but he's gonna walk. i don;t think they will match the 5 million he's gonnacommand in the off season..... there's concern about his weight. what happens if they pay him his money and he eats his way to the end of the bench? he didstep up but it's also a contract year. i think they can go out and spend that money on a veteran like an antonio mcdyess, someone whom they wanted to playthe "Big baby" role off the bench earlier this season. this will be better for the current window and he won;t be locked in for too long.

No way does Boston let Baby go.

Crowd favorite... knows his role... comes cheap...

Him leaving would be like what happened to Turiaf when he left the Lakers.

Very similar situation.

Game 7 is appreciated
pimp.gif

the cavs are not getting younger either
ilgauskas, wallace, and smith are all 34 $@%

that is basically their frontline
Ilgauskas $11.5M expiring contract.
Wallace $14M expiring contract.
Smith wasn't an integral part of the team and he doesn't have a contract for next year.

Pavlovic $5M expiring contract.

Varejao's contract expires next season if he doesn't opt out this season or get an extension. That's $6M.

If the economy is still hurting, they'll be able to add an All-Star or All-Star caliber player without breakingthe bank.

Like others, I'm happy to see Pierce ousted from the playoffs and hoping that the better team won. It's hard to tell if the Magic losing a big leadand close games were merely growing pains or signs that the Celtics are just that good. I'm hoping the Cavs will face a stiffer challenge in the ECFs.

Has KG said anything since the loss? That man was ridiculously annoying being a cheerleader on the bench the entire playoffs.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Has KG said anything since the loss? That man was ridiculously annoying being a cheerleader on the bench the entire playoffs.
i cant wait for his interview
laugh.gif

And I'm not convinced Orlando's all that good. Cut off their outside shot and they're a 1-dimensional team.

The only game the 3ball was really falling for the Magic was game 7...so the Celtics must've been really horrible if that "1-deminsional team"won 3 other games without the 3ball.

I am not a Celtics fan by any means, but watching a hurt team eliminated is never the business. Even if my squad would have got the job done and eliminatedthem in the first round; I still would have taken the victory with a grain of salt. I think Cleveland is going to %*+@ on Orlando, hopefully it's a greatseries though. For all of you Boston fans, what's your off season looking like? Do you think the C's will be back next year contending for the Easttitle?

big mistake letting posey go. HUGE mistake.

Um, of course they would've been better with Posey, but we all know that missing the DPOY from last season was a much bigger factor..

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

I am not a Celtics fan by any means, but watching a hurt team eliminated is never the business. Even if my squad would have got the job done and eliminated them in the first round; I still would have taken the victory with a grain of salt. I think Cleveland is going to %*+@ on Orlando, hopefully it's a great series though. For all of you Boston fans, what's your off season looking like? Do you think the C's will be back next year contending for the East title?
well obviously if they are healthy, with rondo and perkins improved, they have arguably the best starting 5..... the issue is the bench with powelikely out for half the year and they either need to resign big baby, he plays that PJ brown role from a year ago already. but he can walk cuz not sure of theceltics want to lock a bench player for 4 years. and they do need that james posey type player that can guard a turkolu type player to reduce the load onpierce. with the right role player moves and remaining healthhy, they will be a force next year. because thir key guys are older, i do think they need to takea page out of the spurs handbook from the past and pace their players better for playoffs rather than going for best record and home court.

I am not a Celtics fan by any means, but watching a hurt team eliminated is never the business. Even if my squad would have got the job done and eliminated them in the first round; I still would have taken the victory with a grain of salt. I think Cleveland is going to %*+@ on Orlando, hopefully it's a great series though. For all of you Boston fans, what's your off season looking like? Do you think the C's will be back next year contending for the East title?

I remember someone being a hurt team last year.......nobody cared.
nerd.gif
wink.gif

Props to Boston on a big run the last 2 years. But the Magic played well in this series. Gotta give it to them.

Good luck to the Magic vs Cleveland,

Originally Posted by CP1708

I remember someone being a hurt team last year.......nobody cared.
nerd.gif
wink.gif

Props to Boston on a big run the last 2 years. But the Magic played well in this series. Gotta give it to them.

Good luck to the Magic vs Cleveland,
the reason why the lakers aren;t getting a pass for last year was cuz the entire country outside of new england expected them to win thechampionship last season despite bynum/ariza being hurt...

I said last year after Boston won the championship that that would be the only one they would win anytime soon. looks like i was right. I don't see themcompeting with Cleveland anytime soon.

socluis90 wrote:
I said last year after Boston won the championship that that would be the only one they would win anytime soon. looks like i was right. I don't see them competing with Cleveland anytime soon.
Spoken like a true Lakers stan.

CP you need to quit with that, Jesus Christ could have suited up on your squad last year and Boston was still giving it to your boys with no vaseline
laugh.gif

Exactly what I figured, we all feel bad when a team loses at less then 100%, except when it's the Lakers, then there's no possible way theycoulda won anything.
laugh.gif

Thas ok, no excuses, we got beat last year.

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

And I'm not convinced Orlando's all that good. Cut off their outside shot and they're a 1-dimensional team.

The only game the 3ball was really falling for the Magic was game 7...so the Celtics must've been really horrible if that "1-deminsional team" won 3 other games without the 3ball.

i guess you didnt watch game 1, cuz it was raining 3's in that game also. you also have to think about how Howard controls the game. his defense in thepaint helped Orlando win game 7.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Exactly what I figured, we all feel bad when a team loses at less then 100%, except when it's the Lakers, then there's no possible way they coulda won anything.
laugh.gif

Thas ok, no excuses, we got beat last year.
Hey, at least now you know how it works
wink.gif

It's really a decision if we are trying to keep Starbury and Big Baby. I say we bring baby back, and i can't decide on starbury. I dont know if hes theright backup PG for the celts right now. He may be though, who knows I think we'll be back in 2010 contending for the chip.

I hate when Injuries cost your team the Finals or Chip. (06 Sabres, 08 red Sox, 09 Celtics)

socluis90 wrote:
I said last year after Boston won the championship that that would be the only one they would win anytime soon. looks like i was right. I don't see them competing with Cleveland anytime soon.
Spoken like a true Lakers stan.

Come on now everyone could see it coming. I said this before the series started with the Lakers last year so I didn't hate Boston as much theway I do now. They are an old team and are setup for immediate success while other teams like Orlando, Houston, Portland and Cleveland have promising futuresdue to the youth and/or not being past their prime. If the Lakers don't win it this year then I doubt they'd be able to win next year because we willpanic and make big moves this off season resulting in loss of chemistry etc.... If we win then everything will be ok and we will win 2 in a row.

Back
Top Bottom