Macbook Pro Virus Problem

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by rillo561

Strange the ISP shut u down.

I really dont get this.
it's uncommon, but it happens. if ISPs can isolate an infected computer on their network that has a virus that connects to a larger botnet, it's in their interest to take it off their network since the botnet will use it's bandwidth for malicious activities.

english translation:

some viruses allow for people to control a computer remotely and use it for whatever they want to. most of the time it's bad stuff (like spamming, DDOS attacks, etc.) 

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Hackers use Macs to write Win virus' 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Yeah

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Hi. Mac user here. Previously PC guy, and can still write commands in both DOS and Terminal.

eiddyfouw is right on the money.

eiddyfouw wrote:
Some of ya'll are just ridiculous...

Mac's can get virus', it's just hackers generally try to create a virus that will cause the most havoc in corporations and end consumers. The majority of the world being on Windows, it makes sense why hackers would write a virus that attacks windows. 

There are virus' that have been written to crash Mac's don't get it twisted.
I don't care if you're running Linux— there's no reason to not have virus protection. 

For Mac, I'm running Sophos and ClamXav.

That might not be the best choice. Sophos' processes run with root privileges (unnecessarily so,) making it vulnerable in various ways. http://forums.macrumors.c...1570070&postcount=31

I almost installed Sophos right now. 
What do you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom