Macbook keyboard HELP

So my keyboard on my mackpro went out

I think i might have got just a little of water on the keys nothing major tho

everything still works but the keyboard. I can still use the internet and my track pad just no typing what so ever

I still got 850 days on my apple care so I think I should be good, got a apt with the apple store thur

has this happened to anybody before?

have you tried restarting your MBP?

sometimes it helps. and if you have apple care, utilize that bad boy.

not sure how to do that?

and I just got off the phone with a guy from apple care

he had me try holding down shift + command and like R and P and power (which was hard)

nothing happened at the moment but now my mac wont even turn on or charge

You don't know how to restart your computer?

No wonder Mac users don't get along with Windows.

I would take it in. They may ask you if any water got on it I would say no and it just went out. If you have apple care it should be covered. I had one key popoff of it and they replaced the whole keyboard free of charge because I was still under the 1 year warranty.

roll.gif

johnniem2nd wrote:
I would take it in. They may ask you if any water got on it I would say no and it just went out. If you have apple care it should be covered. I had one key pop off of it and they replaced the whole keyboard free of charge because I was still under the 1 year warranty.

good looking

You think they will be able to tell if there was water damage?

Originally Posted by stepinitup

johnniem2nd wrote:
I would take it in. They may ask you if any water got on it I would say no and it just went out. If you have apple care it should be covered. I had one key pop off of it and they replaced the whole keyboard free of charge because I was still under the 1 year warranty.

good looking

You think they will be able to tell if there was water damage?

yes they would (unless you spilled a really small drop, which i doubt).. good luck though.

You could always try going through an independent, approved Apple repair center. I dropped my Powerbook and it wouldn't latch shut and go to sleep unless Iput pressure on one side of the screen as I closed it. There was no physical signs of it being dropped (no dent), so they replaced the entire screen free ofcharge.

And I mean honestly, they aren't going to know why it isn't working, unless they have water damage sensors or something.

A long time ago, the power went out in my house, and I was using my cell phone as a light while I urinated, and I dropped the phone in the toilet. I grabbedit, rinsed it off, and let it sit in the sun in my car. I took it into Verizon, and it was covered under insurance, and I didn't have to pay 2-3 bills fora new phone, just the $50 for a replacement. Just be smart about it.

if you have a bag that will close and be air tight you can put the macbook into it and put rice in the bag and allow the rice to suck up the moisture, leave itin the bag for a day or two, take it out and see what happens........or take it to the mac store if its covered.

same crap happened to me except it was my trackpad and keyboard that went out. common problem in macbook pro users.

i have an 07 santa rosa mbp and to fix it i had to put a piece of paper between the contact ribbon and the battery -_-

Sorry bro, liquid damage is not covered under any warranty. There's a moisture indicator inside just like on the iphone. All they need to do is pop it openand they'll see that theres been liquid spilled on it.

BTW a PRAM reset is CMD + Option + P + R when you start the computer, keep them held down until you hear 2 startup chimes.

Well went to apple they couldnt find the problem so they sent it to their maintenance team and the didnt find the water damage so they fixed it free of charge.

Now im my damn top row for my keyboard wont work. when i try to turn up the volume my screen brightens up, everything on the top row is screwed up. But i dontwant to send it back again

Back
Top Bottom